Elixirs at Top Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkening

01-22-2010

Does anyone know what top tier players think of elixirs, and when, if at all, they choose to buy them?

JunkRamen

01-23-2010

AFAIK they're purchased quite often. Any time you feel like significant team battles are brewing, elixirs are a good buy.

DonkeyBalls

01-23-2010

I've been wondering about myself. I've only ever bought health pots and an occasional oracle. I feel like I've been missing out on some tech.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-23-2010

They're definitely solid. For example fort pot on shaco with lizard buff is almost a sure lanekill.

Maggeus

01-23-2010

Buying 1 or 2 elixirs while being at base when you've got some money left is extremely common.

I suggest you all abuse them, they're good. Always having, for exemple, an elixir of brilliance for TF during all game can totally change your early / mid game.

But of course they lose their interest in late game state.

Shayan Shine

01-23-2010

i disagree with above, late game elixirs are also very strong. since you'll have lots of money left over and likely a couple free slots its never a bad idea to up your AP or crit chance etc., its a lot bigger than you think.

notliam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-23-2010

A few games with Rammus have lasted 45 mins+ because neither teams had the upper hand, grabbing all 3 elixirs really lets you push that bit harder, especially if you get baron too.. I've won 2 games like that at least.

Maggeus

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanata View Post
i disagree with above, late game elixirs are also very strong. since you'll have lots of money left over and likely a couple free slots its never a bad idea to up your AP or crit chance etc., its a lot bigger than you think.
If you still have a slot, yes. If not, no point in replacing it with another durable item.

I think I didn't made my point clear, because late game for me is when you've got 6 items, but It's very late game so. Sorry, my mistake.

Shadowmant

01-23-2010

If you have all 6 items there's no point sitting with 3k gold in the bank. Sell your boots, buy/use elixirs and re-purchase your boots

Leohan

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmant View Post
If you have all 6 items there's no point sitting with 3k gold in the bank. Sell your boots, buy/use elixirs and re-purchase your boots
qft