Runes for Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blinkythefish

01-22-2010

I really enjoy playing Kassadin and I'm becoming increasingly better with him, so i was wondering what type of runes i should be getting? I was thinking ability power but id rather get other peoples advice first before I start buying them. Thanks

JustWatson

01-22-2010

For ability power runes to really pay off you need to have a ton of them stacked. I would recommend magic pen runes in your reds, and I'm honestly not really sure for the others.

dovvntempo

01-22-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...Own%20Kassadin

umbrage has a guide on kassadin that covers runes, and it's got some good arguments in there so it should be looked at.

there's a thread on runes for kassadin... SOMEWHERE in the forum. I wasn't able to find it and bring it up so meh... look if you wanna see a bunch of different opinions.

what isn't variable though are the marks. Everyone gets magic pen (greater mark of insight = .95 magic pen)

Pyroteknik

01-22-2010

If you want AP runes at all, you should stack all 30 runes to AP per level. Otherwise, probably magic pen in red (maybe blue as well), with dodge or HP/lvl in yellow. Mana regen or CD reduction are also good options for blue.

AIM7Sparrow

01-23-2010

although I used to go straight up max scaling AP, I like the following now:

Red: Magic Pen
Blue: Magic Pen
Yellow: HP
Quints: HP

(Yellow could be anything really, it's the most useless, some people like armor or magic resist. that works too)

Quick Sand

01-23-2010

I go:

Reds: Magic Pen
Yellows: HP/5
Blue: Cooldowns @ 18
Quints: Mana/5

The yellows and quints are really changeable but I think either HP/5 or mana/5 is the best route for either of those. They noticeably help me in Kassadin's toughest time period - early game. I'm a huge fan of low cooldowns late game so that's why I do my blues that way.