Kingpin Twitch Skin - 50% off this weekend only!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

01-23-2010

I couldn't even tell there was a difference when my friend told me he bought kingpin twitch. He's a little greener on some parts...?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPandaBear View Post
I couldn't even tell there was a difference when my friend told me he bought kingpin twitch. He's a little greener on some parts...?
I dont have an ingame shot of twitch handy but the kingpin is on the skin screenshot thread

Operation CWAL

01-23-2010

Why do you guys want your money back because they lowered prices?

Look at your local stores. Theres sales ALL the time. Is everyone calling in for a refund?

No, I don't think so.

A sale is a sale.

Yashied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation CWAL View Post
Why do you guys want your money back because they lowered prices?

Look at your local stores. Theres sales ALL the time. Is everyone calling in for a refund?

No, I don't think so.

A sale is a sale.
They are calling a refund cus they got a bug sale ~~ saying it was 487 today and it still cost 975.

x OZ x

01-23-2010

imo 487 still 300 IP too much...nothing special,not awful as rusty blitz,brown nunu or christmas nidalee but far far away from the super cool zilean & nunu workshop skins !

Silenoz

01-23-2010

skins are always on sale after i purchase them .

Devownious

01-23-2010

Im never buying a skin again unless it's discounted.

Every Skin Ive bought at full price has been marked down.

Theirs only 2 reasons for all of the sales......

1) they were overpriced as hell to begin with. (LOL is a free to play game, yet skins are 5-10 bucks? How do they expect people to pay that when they don't even pay $30 for the game)

2) Their sales are down from their ignorant projections.

Do you guys really want to make money or make people happy? Discounting these skins does neither.

Make people happy: STOP PUTTING OUT NEW SKINS AND HEROES AND FIX THE ISSUES WITH THE GAME (E.G. MATCHMAKING AND IMBA ABILITIES/HEROES)

I love the new heroes and the new ones coming out sound very powerful... Im sure ill buy them the day the come out and then watch them get discounted a month later so i can complain some more, however, all they do is complicate the game and take away precious dev. time.

Make Money: MAKE TONS OF CHEAP SKINS!!! Give every hero 4-5 skins and charge 250 rp each, I guarantee you'll make more money the first day they roll out then all of your skin profits combined.

"Good idea kane, but at this stage in the game that would cost too much money and time"

"Not if you just rendered them different colors, that wouldn't take more then a day or two."

If you want to waste your time making enhanced model skins with tons of compatability coding, then you need to get your priorities straight.....

in summary....

STOP THINKING SHORT TERM RIOT AND START PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME!!!!!!

(unless youre already planning on counting your losses and making a real game with all the money from all the poor souls that shelled out for this unpolished gem.)

Lameador

01-23-2010

Mmmh sounds cool

Could you please offer the same discounts in Europe ?

Tomlin

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isawa View Post
Im never buying a skin again unless it's discounted.

Every Skin Ive bought at full price has been marked down.

Theirs only 2 reasons for all of the sales......

1) they were overpriced as hell to begin with. (LOL is a free to play game, yet skins are 5-10 bucks? How do they expect people to pay that when they don't even pay $30 for the game)
That's how they plan to make money, skin sales. Development and server hosting are not free
Quote:
2) Their sales are down from their ignorant projections.

Do you guys really want to make money or make people happy? Discounting these skins does neither.
Cleary it does both, hence why they keep on putting up new sales, as it increases the amount of people buying skins. And people are happier to get the skins, for cheaper.

Quote:
Make people happy: STOP PUTTING OUT NEW SKINS AND HEROES AND FIX THE ISSUES WITH THE GAME (E.G. MATCHMAKING AND IMBA ABILITIES/HEROES)
Because the art department is totally in charge of matchmaking and balance as well. Different departments have different focuses, new skins coming out does not draw away from work being done on other parts of the game

Quote:
I love the new heroes and the new ones coming out sound very powerful... Im sure ill buy them the day the come out and then watch them get discounted a month later so i can complain some more, however, all they do is complicate the game and take away precious dev. time.
What heroes have had their prices discounted after initial release?

Quote:
Make Money: MAKE TONS OF CHEAP SKINS!!! Give every hero 4-5 skins and charge 250 rp each, I guarantee you'll make more money the first day they roll out then all of your skin profits combined.

"Good idea kane, but at this stage in the game that would cost too much money and time"

"Not if you just rendered them different colors, that wouldn't take more then a day or two."

If you want to waste your time making enhanced model skins with tons of compatability coding, then you need to get your priorities straight.....
Low quality skins like that would look nowhere near as good as the ones coming out now, and aren't much of a change. The fun of skins is how much they can change the look of a character, ie: Sasquatch Nunu, Toxic mundo, and King Rammus. Just having basic simple recolourings would detract from the joy of skins, and just make them look lame. Putting effort into them makes them worthwhile
Quote:
in summary....

STOP THINKING SHORT TERM RIOT AND START PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME!!!!!!

(unless youre already planning on counting your losses and making a real game with all the money from all the poor souls that shelled out for this unpolished gem.)
Skin sales are obviously working, look at how many of them there has been since the first one. I personally bought the master yi skin when it was on sale just because of that, I would have never bought it full price, but how could I pass up the half price. And Riot still makes good money off of it.

Is your post even serious? It seems like one big joke to me.

Kitsuomi

01-23-2010

holy moly Sefam! you got like 80 bucks + worth of riot pts xD!