Live Preview Today: Rioterz vs Bots!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bloodysick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Ahh the new AI bots are easier to kill.. BTW these people playing are not developers, these are some people Riot found walking around the office premise to play (I mean try) a game or they were just intentionally missing creep kills so they stay as poor as possible. The only 2 features that have been added are use of summoner spells and ganking.

Summoner spells >> good
Ganking >> LOL if you gonna abandon 2 rows to gank 1 and then just go ahead and dive turret to auto hit i wont really call it an improvement. Its like earlier you could get max double kill in a row now you get to have a quadra..

I just say hats off to Phreak for trying to make that game look like bots are somewhat capable.

deathtree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2011

http://www.own3d.tv/video/68167/Riot_vs_Bots_
new link for the game
to me it just looks like they treated them like bots, which they are but much more advanced. I think if they played more like it was vs ppl they woulda done better

Loliwag

02-12-2011

Watched the recording. The bots are better yes. But these players are simply awful. The game was fixed! No, but seriously, a competent team would have easily stomped these bots. They will be useful to practice, but anyone who knows what they are doing and really wants to, will rock these bots.

Also, Phreak is ridiculously annoying as a game commentator. Maybe, its just that he's so focused on getting across the point that the bots have improved, but my word. He goes about it in the most irritating of ways.

Br3zizH

02-12-2011

What horrible players...
Seriously! That Shen never used taunt when the enemies were near the tower, Kog never farmed at all, it was pissing me off, malphite doesn't know what the hell he is build, i mean who the hell gets boots as a first item? Brolaf was a noob jungler, I mean he was still level 4 when many of them are level 5/6.

I don't get what you are trying to prove here... That riot employees can't play LoL? just sad

Bonushand

02-12-2011

So did anyone else notice that Cho wasn't feasting until like lvl 13?

xiaobintian

02-13-2011

real fake

Dieby

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br3zizH View Post
Brolaf was a noob jungler, I mean he was still level 4 when many of them are level 5/6.
To be fair, he was jungling with no runes/masteries; that's how bros do it.

But seriously though, why did Malphite have boots in a solo lane?

wjones

02-16-2011

Good Job Riot!!!

The bots will be great for training intermediate players. It was nice to see you pick intermediates to test them too. it was a nice watch overall. I am impressed with the programming that went into this.

PST!!! The bots should have skins!!! GENTLEMAN CHO'GATH!!!

Strike00

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naziru View Post
You raise a good point. I imagine a future where theres a whole new elo bracket, versus bots! Imagine playing against a vastly improved AI that perhaps has an automatic gold advantage, or a permanent buff to damage, or a constant baron buff, or even something like invulnerability at the cost of doubling the effect of cc, etc. The possibilities are tantalizing, and fun to think about lol. Would certainly make custom games alot more interesting if you could throw a god mode bot on both teams =p.

the bots in general are very aggressive and good and very op even though i have better items than they do. i dont mind it so far since its only intermediate but once the update for much more difficult levels arrives, i hope they fix the op-ness