A New Champion Approaches: Pantheon, the Artisan of War

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Searathus

01-22-2010

Looking forward to all the Sparta jokes and 300 references, the guaranteed critical might be overpowered in my opinion, but I guess I'll just have to see myself. I'm really liking these constant updates but I personally would like to see a new mode and map sometime soon.

Can we have a skin for him straight from 300?

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

grats, but hope isnt OP like when poppy came out.

Vincere

01-22-2010

Anyone else notice his similarities to Nidalee?

VasudeVa

01-22-2010

Quote:
Stanpar
I see what you did there.

Searathus

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincere View Post
Anyone else notice his similarities to Nidalee?
Yeah, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

They both have a similar skill. It's not the end of the world. Ryze has a bouncing nuke, but Yi has a skill that deals damage to multiple units as well, I don't think that's been too much of a problem.

Besides doesn't Nidalee's magic hippie spear gain damage the longer it flies, Mr.Spartan's doesn't I believe (not sure here). I don't think this'll cause too much of a problem.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-22-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

If by similar skill you mean the javelins, it's nowhere near the same. Nidalee's is a nice lazy skillshot that gains damage as it flies and has medium to long range. Pantheon's is a targeted short range nuke based off his atk damage.

Nomeplz

01-22-2010

Another dps character?

Isn't it time we got another mage instead? lol... we're lacking alot of different Annies and Ryzes around here

Characters added recently:
Nidalee
Poppy
Pantheon

The Alpha Legion

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomeplz View Post
Another dps character?

Isn't it time we got another mage instead? lol... we're lacking alot of different Annies and Ryzes around here

Characters added recently:
Nidalee
Poppy
Pantheon

**** i was about to say that, anyway we really need more mages D:

UCD2

01-22-2010

This is spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Vincere

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
If by similar skill you mean the javelins, it's nowhere near the same. Nidalee's is a nice lazy skillshot that gains damage as it flies and has medium to long range. Pantheon's is a targeted short range nuke based off his atk damage.
Well that is good to hear, but I am also referring to the similarities Heartseeker Strike has with Swipe and Takedown, where in swipe and heartseeker striker they attack the area in front of them and in takedown and heartseeker strike it deals bonus damage when the enemy is low.

Takedown (Cougar): Nidalee jumps at the throat of her target, dealing her attack damage plus a static bonus. The damage of this skill increases the lower life percentage the target has

Swipe (Cougar): Nidalee slashes wildly in front of her, dealing moderate damage in a large area

Heartseeker Strike: Pantheon unleashes 5 swift strikes to the area in front of him. Pantheon also becomes more aware of his enemy’s vital spots, allowing him to always critically strike enemies below 20% health.