A New Champion Approaches: Pantheon, the Artisan of War

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milo4k

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn View Post
It's not 'dangerously close'. It's an obvious switch of 'tan' for 'par'. I really wish they could put a little more effort into names. Nashor was fine, but, really.
I agree. Having his name be the anagram of Spartan is just...lame...

Especially when he looks Roman.

SkepticalMind

01-24-2010

Sounds like an awesome fun champion, or maybe any character would seem awesome after the last one was a fat blue midget. Does Pantheon have the most spammable physical damage ability in the game now?

Spear Shot is gonna be ridiculous with cooldown reduction and maybe Rylai's. There is no way to get away from this guy.

kenrik

01-24-2010

what a spartan!

effT3Hdubs

01-24-2010

I appreciate the efforts put into keeping new champions out, but by this point i would really like to see some priorities put into making new maps and readying twisted treeline for normal matchmaking que.
i still love the game, but i fear i'm growing bored of the same battleground layout time after time after time.

nervous

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo4k View Post
I agree. Having his name be the anagram of Spartan is just...lame...

Especially when he looks Roman.
his name isn't an anagram of spartan...

has anyone bothered to google pantheon?

ITS A ROMAN MONUMENT TO ALL THE GODS OF ANCIENT ROME

DOES ANYONE HERE PLAY CIVILIZATION/KNOWANYTHINGABOUTTHEOUTSIDEWORLD!?!?!?

Shigoshi

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervous View Post
his name isn't an anagram of spartan...

has anyone bothered to google pantheon?

ITS A ROMAN MONUMENT TO ALL THE GODS OF ANCIENT ROME

DOES ANYONE HERE PLAY CIVILIZATION/KNOWANYTHINGABOUTTHEOUTSIDEWORLD!?!?!?
-Cough- eh what? you do realise that it could be double meaning? On another note Romans came after spartans thus romans stole from spartans if at all. Then again in japanese the word 'hai' means yes, however in our language is a greeting thus while it may have a similar meaning does not mean it will BE what you think it means. However Pantheon here is indeed spartan.

First off spartans main weapon was a spear, their large brass shields allowing them to create their legendary phalanx formation which for a great deal of time was considered a very strong formation. They did indeed have a secondary weapon, a short sword however this was only drawn when their spears broke. Spartans also wore a far more protective helmet along with little clothing. In contrast romans wore plate armour along with convex shields with their main weapon being a gladius, this weapon was used to stab inbetween the shields when interlocked which allowed them great ability to fight in formation. Both are considerable miltary mights and both would most likely fight with brutal effectiveness. Spartans also DID have the feathered helmet, romans however only wore it as a sign of rank and even then wore it sideways and not riding down the centre of the helmet.

Ironic yo say why doesn;t anyone play civilation/know of the outside world because that sentence really does shoot you in the foot with such force not even chuck norris could recreate the impact.

panicadr

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigoshi View Post
-Cough- eh what? you do realise that it could be double meaning? On another note Romans came after spartans thus romans stole from spartans if at all. Then again in japanese the word 'hai' means yes, however in our language is a greeting thus while it may have a similar meaning does not mean it will BE what you think it means. However Pantheon here is indeed spartan.

First off spartans main weapon was a spear, their large brass shields allowing them to create their legendary phalanx formation which for a great deal of time was considered a very strong formation. They did indeed have a secondary weapon, a short sword however this was only drawn when their spears broke. Spartans also wore a far more protective helmet along with little clothing. In contrast romans wore plate armour along with convex shields with their main weapon being a gladius, this weapon was used to stab inbetween the shields when interlocked which allowed them great ability to fight in formation. Both are considerable miltary mights and both would most likely fight with brutal effectiveness. Spartans also DID have the feathered helmet, romans however only wore it as a sign of rank and even then wore it sideways and not riding down the centre of the helmet.

Ironic yo say why doesn;t anyone play civilation/know of the outside world because that sentence really does shoot you in the foot with such force not even chuck norris could recreate the impact.
You and your semantics.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicadr View Post
You and your semantics.
Haha, I laughed.

The anagram is kind of weird. I think I'll just see it as a tribute rather than an unoriginal copy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have to agree though: two leaps and a spear toss isn't very original...And his passive, jesus christ. So if I get malady & phantom dancer I'm pretty much onstoppable? Or blood razor & phantom dancer + a lifesteal item. He might be fit for jungling too..?

cybrcld

01-24-2010

Abilities:
Spear Shot: Pantheon hurls his spear at an opponent.

Aegis of Zeonia: Pantheon leaps at an enemy and bashes them with his shield, stunning them in the process. Pantheon also refreshes his Aegis Protection.

Heartseeker Strike: Pantheon unleashes 5 swift strikes to the area in front of him. Pantheon also becomes more aware of his enemy’s vital spots, allowing him to always critically strike enemies below 20% health.

Grand Skyfall: Pantheon composes himself, and them leaps into the air to a target location, striking all enemy units in an area. Enemies closer to the center of the impact take more damage.

Aegis Protection (Passive): After 4 attacks or spellcasts, Pantheon will block the next normal attack made against him that deals over 40 damage.

First, let me say that I love the much amounts of oncoming new champions. *Hi five developer team ^_^. Although the addition of a Spartan is pretty awesome, I think this character is too much of a mesh between characters.

Aegis = poppy's ability w/ auto stun (which i think is kinda cheap on poppy).
Heartseeker = kinda cool though i'm hoping it won't be that OP though.
Grand skyfall = tristanna's rocket jump
aegish pro = some defensive move

Generally, I just think this character is too much of a mash of already existing characters. There's no really new mechanics or new substance that he adds to the game. Udyr had stance change which was awesome, nid had her lion animorph and ability spam, and poppy had her new charge/stun and her ulti which totally had a great addition to the game.

either way, i think he needs a little work.

Livia

01-24-2010

Hey look, exactly what we needed, ANOTHER champion... /sigh

More maps please!!!! And make Twisted Treeline available for normal games