Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Who are the top junglers at high tier play?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doriantv

Member

02-09-2011

Strelo is >2K Elo and all he does is Jungle Master Yi. Look him up...almost 700 Ranked Yi games.

Pretty impressive dedication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superdadd

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Amumu is very very regularly used as well, simply because he's one of the best tanks, and a hard-counter to channel ult champs.

I would say the junglers you'll see most at high ELO are:

WW, Amumu, Nunu, Udyr, Rammus

Then probably:

Yi, Shaco, Malphite, Fiddlesticks and maybe Tryndamere/Shen/Xin appearing somewhat regularly

Then a whole whack of junglers that are viable, but not in the same league as the above


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Quote:
Superdadd:
Amumu is very very regularly used as well, simply because he's one of the best tanks, and a hard-counter to channel ult champs.

I would say the junglers you'll see most at high ELO are:

WW, Amumu, Nunu, Udyr, Rammus

Then probably:

Yi, Shaco, Malphite, Fiddlesticks and maybe Tryndamere/Shen/Xin appearing somewhat regularly

Then a whole whack of junglers that are viable, but not in the same league as the above


Amumu's ult doesn't interrupt channels. :-/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anaestheticz

Senior Recruiter

02-09-2011

Quote:
iSwagBeast:
and Nunu does fine but isn't as fast.


Not as fast? You realize he has a 500 true damage to minions, right? A self-built smite. Combined with the actual Smite ability and he jungles the quickest out of everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superdadd

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Quote:
Eph289:
Amumu's ult doesn't interrupt channels. :-/


No but his bandage toss does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Of the streams I watch:
Rammus and Shaco - regular bans, if not, usually played
WW and Udyr - played when Rammus and Shaco are banned
Trundle and Nunu - round out the bottom.

I've seen more random junglers like Ezereal or Irelia than fallbacks like Xin, Fiddles, Malphite, or Yi.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDragun

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Thread lacks Olaf

Some junglers like Trundle or Nunu are specifically picked as invaders to mess up the enemy jungle and steal their camps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trillo

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Quote:
DrDragun:
Thread lacks Olaf

Some junglers like Trundle or Nunu are specifically picked as invaders to mess up the enemy jungle and steal their camps


Olaf is still one of the toughest junglers, and gets no love. Everyone whines about him being nerfed when it barely affected him. BROMACIAAA!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouieTheHedgehog

Senior Member

02-09-2011

Quote:
Rocketball:
Strelo is >2K Elo and all he does is Jungle Master Yi. Look him up...almost 700 Ranked Yi games.

Pretty impressive dedication.

Impressive until he afks in champ select and is forced to play Shen, which he then feeds as because he can't play anything else.


12