Free UFO + Corki coming soon!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunalretlc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

Fair enough!

Yaniko

01-22-2010

I really hope you wanted to say "by the end of January" instead of February...

Gamecmdr

01-22-2010

yay riot

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

01-22-2010

Nice! I'm happy with the decision

Excstazy

01-22-2010

Thats just awesome. Great news for everyone, and im really glad you guys settled this, this way. Cheers!!1 Riot.

Grake

01-22-2010

It's funny. I never voted at all, because i refused to selfishly choose the option that sounded verbally offensive to those who owned corki. (it was worded poorly).

I asked for a third option instead. While the vote never got one, im glad one was made. I was concerned for awhile what would occur.

Grake

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros Thanatos View Post
...I don't see how this is equal compensation, but I guess it's better than nothing...Still don't like the way Riot handled this, seeing as how they are a Business structured around Micro-Transactions...
Allow me to play you the violin, while you cry yourself to sleep.

I mean really, they had full intentions to compensate absolutely nothing. Their vote options had quite explicitly shown that. They said they couldn't single out corki owners and reward them. Yet look, they pull a lot of effort into this.

Lets be honest, some people play more than just a bit. The fact they're giving you 3 days of IP is nice. And people dont get 300 wins, 300 losses from playing once a day or so. There are people who will make their IP back in those 3 days anyways. I personally paid real money for anivia because after jumping heroes every 3150 IP, then having to deticate so long with one good hero to get tier 3's, i spoiled myself and revived my motivation to play. But i know for a fact that most people oddly enough do it the free way.

IP to RP ratio's and all that seem stupid to me.

Good job riot, nice to see you're on the ball.

Ed the Fed

01-22-2010

Is this for registering for the actual LoL game? or just registering on that site, to vote for LoL? Thanks.

Searathus

01-22-2010

The IP boost was a really nice thing to do, this is sounding great.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

to all of you who have kept on complaining about not giving away corki for free.. theres your compensation. im happy with anything, fair or not, free is free.. thanks riot. lets keep up the work community!