Free UFO + Corki coming soon!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

01-22-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

As we promised, because you won the Gamer's Choice awards for Multiplayer, Strategy, and PC Game of the Year, we are giving away the UFO Corki skin as well as the Corki Champion to everyone who registered by January 14, 2010. We listened to your opinions: We are giving away Corki for free to anyone who doesn't yet own him, and for those of you who already do: We're giving you 3 free days of IP boost! These prizes will be awarded by the end of February; our agents are still trying to track him down after his most recent sighting. An updated artistís rendition is enclosed below.

Donít forget: There are more polls for you to triumph over! Head over to the MMOSiteís Best MMORTS, Best New MMO, and Best Gameplay polls, vote daily, and keep your undefeated streak going!

Best MMORTS
Best New MMO
Best Gameplay

Thank you all so much for making your voices heard and sharing these awards with us.

IGN Multiplayer Game of the Year
IGN Strategy Game of the Year
Gamespy PC Game of the Year

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-22-2010

Thanks for the update Pen. I hope that somehow the IP Boost could take place over a weekend

Jazzminkey

01-22-2010

Awesome solution! Glad you guys resolved it. Thanks Riot!

Wasabi

01-22-2010

Thanks Pendragon, maybe also throw in an experience boost and it'll almost cost as much as corki in the store for RIOT points perfect!!

Deftones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

Now everybody wins. The skin looks nice. I hope it has some good animations like exhaust or fire. Or maybe a glass dome that opens and close if you dont move, or even better a tractor beam coming out the bottom that picks up a cow.

iiRIs

01-22-2010

Dam i joinedon the 19th lol

PatouPower

01-22-2010

One word: Awesome! Why awesome? Not because I want to play Corki that bad (he doesnt look appealing to me and he's tooe asy to master), but because lot of noobs will play him just for the skin so I'm gonna own them quite easily... Of course there will also be noob corkis in each team I'll be in, but I can deal with it

Seriously, it's a nice skin... But after 1-2 week there will be the same amount of people as now playing him...

Kishar21

01-22-2010

I hope you send something out before you give the 3 day ip boost; I don't always play everyday, and would have to lose out on it because I didn't know you had given it out. Also, where's Pink Tristrana at?

Kishar21

CoVi

01-22-2010

YAY!!! KEEP ON VOTING GUYS!!! Let's show HoN how much we love our game!!!

Suicidal Monkey

01-22-2010

Let's see how this worked out:
========================
Everyone: Exclusion UFO Corki Skin
-------------------------------------------
Non-Corki Accounts: 6.3k / 975 RP
Corki Accounts: 520 RP + Bonus IP

Conversions: 1 RP = 6.5 IP
Say for 3 days you play 4 games of 2 winning and 2 losing.
220 + 110 + 65 + 65 = 460 IP x 200% x 3 days = 2760 IP
Using the conversion, I get roughly 420 RP
========================

So depending on how much you play, Corki user CAN get a much better reward (IP) wise than a Non-Corki Owner, but then again, I did not account in the IP a Non-Corki Owner get by playing. Corki Owners are still at a slight disadvantage in reward/playing time wise, but then again, it's better than getting nothing. One thing i advise current Corki owner is... play like a demon for those 3 days.

1234511 ... 21