[Guide] How to be a Team Leader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pregnaloons

02-10-2011

I take the stance that raging is never justified. As the only result it every achieves is rage. Nothing good will come of it, your target will almost never do what you say because you rage, and if they do, they won't do it well. So they'll most likely fail anyway.

Also, stress and anger are linked to high blood pressure, and the resulting health issues like heart attacks and a shorter life expectancy.

indrajith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnaloons View Post
Good stuff! If you play tank, you've already got to be thinking more of your team. Try leading by example if people will let you! They trust you even more when you save them, or sacrifice yourself for the carry.
Still u got some teammates who just watches as their beef dies when they could win a team fight. It happened to me as I play mundo (don't tell me he is not tank I had to tank/beefy one).and I go in to their team where they used all their stuns/abilites to kill me from some 7000 effective health + his crazy regen still after my death too team watches and tells I am bad.

Mitch Bade

02-11-2011

+1

Good to see more guides like this for our Community.

Chaos Lord29

02-11-2011

This should be stickied

HenryF0rd

02-11-2011

Wow dude. This is so funny. I was going to write an extremely similar post.

This is almost exactly how I play.

I have something like 80 games with alistar as teamleader since he can tank towers and I can force my team to do this.
Then I play Janna with CV. Although I've had much less success with her, mostly due to clutch failures in how I use her abilities.
Most recently though I've been playing warwick since I can control dragon easily with him, a bit less of a team leadership role, but still focusing on dominating team objectives.

Almost every point you made I was going to post about. Really funny.

Following this guide will net you wins. Seriously.

I wanna emphasise a few points:
1 - if you follow this style of play you will **** up and get your team aced from time to time. Sometimes you will single handedly lose the game for your team. I've gotten my team aced dozens of times. It happens. Suck it up. Keep going. Nobody is perfect and you aint the exception. If you can't handle getting your entire team killed because you made a bad call, then you can't follow this guide.

2 - You gotta have some vague understanding on how to deal with people. It's CRITICAL to understand that when a team is losing, the members want to splinter. When they're losing, thats when the fighting starts, the *****ing, the flaming. You gotta be able to crush that **** - sometimes with sugar and honey. I've gotten into flames with some ******bag on my team - it happens no matter how hard you try to stay positive - the key is that you don't take it personally, and keep supporting your team - even the ******bags.

Convince them that they can win and they'll stop being pieces of dog feces. I guarantee you.

Drake O Dagger

02-13-2011

bump

StrongGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnaloons View Post
I take the stance that raging is never justified. As the only result it every achieves is rage. Nothing good will come of it, your target will almost never do what you say because you rage, and if they do, they won't do it well. So they'll most likely fail anyway.

Also, stress and anger are linked to high blood pressure, and the resulting health issues like heart attacks and a shorter life expectancy.
i play with some rl friends and usually i like to take charge, i try not to rage but i do believe it has its purposes, if i see consistent mistakes and silly deaths due to lack of focus or caring i will rage some what and this shows them that they kinda need to work on that area, i think a good leader has to have a mix of that, not only do you lead by example but you lead by respect as well

Pregnaloons

02-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongGuy View Post
i play with some rl friends and usually i like to take charge, i try not to rage but i do believe it has its purposes, if i see consistent mistakes and silly deaths due to lack of focus or caring i will rage some what and this shows them that they kinda need to work on that area, i think a good leader has to have a mix of that, not only do you lead by example but you lead by respect as well
By all means inform your friends that they are making mistakes, they'll never learn otherwise, but it won't get you any respect if you rage about it. Quite the opposite! There's nothing you can do by raging that you can't do better without.

Roman generals would sometimes use the practice of decimation to inspire their troops. Decimation would mean to count along the lines of men, get to the 9th one, and tell him to kill the 10th one. Sure, it worked, but the great generals were able to inspire their troops with speeches and admiration. Not anger and fear.

Uninteresting fact: Decimate is only 2 letters off Demacia!

Pregnaloons

02-16-2011

Fun fact: Bumps increase general life expectancy by 0.01%! I am just trying to recoup the time lost on this bump.

ryzeonline

02-17-2011

Pregnaloons, if I were to focus on one thing that would improve games + community most, it would be leadership, I second all you said. I'm hoping to create more leaders at MentorBattle.com and was wondering if I could repeat this content there, or link to it, or both.

Either way, this is fantastic. Rock on!