Shaco- Misinformation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VerdantRed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

So I'm new to this game and I've played a whole bunch of games, had some that were amazing, but most were less than pleasant. I recently bought Shaco after having watched my team get picked apart a dozen times in a single match by a well-played(presumably fed) Shaco. And I've attempted to replicate his wreckingball-like score, and I've had little to no success. Now I've read multiple guides, watched multiple videos, and they were all different in some ways, similar in others. My point is that none of them have seemed to work as they were explained. Of course it could be that I am simply sub-par in my playing of Shaco, or that the information is flawed.

I would like to ask some assistance of you, the community. If you know of any Shaco guides that worked for you, apply to the game now, and don't suck, it would be awesome if you could help a brother out, and help him not look like a gigantic noob.thanks

Prometheius

02-08-2011

All of the guides are OLD. Like seriously. The closest place to new guides are at leaguecraft.com

The guides here usually haven't been updated in ages, especially since shaco got nerfed a ton.

Slyver

02-08-2011

Hey Shaco isn't an easy champ to play

He's now my main charater but I had to work a lot before being able to play him to his fullest. I first had trouble to find witch role he really had in the team(not a traditionnal carry, not a tank , not a support, not a tanky dps nor a mage...) TO solve this problem I just created him a new class, the joker class. He has the ability to completly mess the other team gameplay and to make them believe that they can kill you. I watched many Reginald(one of the best Shaco player) match with shaco and it helped me a lot. Here's the link where you can see many of his videos.
http://www.own3d.tv/video/64851/Solo...ith_Commentary

Fluffy1

02-08-2011

hes really one of those few characters you cant replicate success, he has to fit your playstyle else you will never really be good with him, just something you ease into, his learning curve is pretty steep and its expected to take sometime before you get good with him.

you can jungle with him going bloodrazors-> GA-> IE, this build is know as AS build

or you can go AP and either lane/jungle going deathfire grasp-> deathcap -> lichbane

ap shaco is what i play, hes even harder to play than AS shaco, and there is alot of mis imformation about his role and what hes meant to do. most popel think jitb stacking si what he does. its rarely effective and a waste of mana till late game, shiv and clone bomb is what hes good for, massive spike burst damage. if fed you can and will be able to insta kill sqishies with the deathfire/shiv/lichbane combo, especially if you attack from behind for the 20% bonus damage on all his skills and attacks.

the flat AD build revovling around making decive hit hard is pretty fail and is outclassed by AP since AD build does same damage but at melee range. the AS build only need bloodrazors so can tank up to compensate.

A Retarded Clown

02-08-2011

I play arpen shaco black cleaver BT, LW...I really find that rushing madreds means u spent a **** load of gold for slow progression...some useless AS, a little armor...and is only good against health stackers who let u stand and hit them...and those health stackers are usually vlad, olaf, early game singed..mundo

All of them have more than enough dps to take you out while u sit there autoattacking and if they manage to get close to death they can escape rather easily.

In contrast..ur AS and 4% is worth nothing against squishies.

Even against tanky teams I find that Arpen just brings the hurt to them much more than madreds ever will unless their rushing warmogs or smth in which case we usually win because he's a scrub..

Banshees on shaco is necessary by late game...unless the other team has no cc in which case mallet will do (their prob high damage or just full of UP chars which means easy win)

Ofc playstyle is important. Knowing how to juke well and turn the tables even when the enemy is half hp and you are at 1 bar is imp with shaco.

As shaco I often intentionally get to pretty low hp to get over conservative squishies to commit and I promptly have their scalp.

Also..shaco would eb the champ where u need to make thousands of judgement calls on what you do...oracles are important and so is knowiung each enemy and their capabilties.

Knwing when to runa nd when to hang back at <200 hp for easy kills is important.

and aggression is absolutely must...defensive minded shaco = useless to his team. You're shaco..the ballsy evil clown that talkes lives where ppl least expect to lose them..and make it all seem like a joke. You kite the entire enemy team 1 v 5 across the jungle as ur team pushes. Stuff like that.

GL.

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
I really find that rushing madreds means u spent a **** load of gold for slow progression...

GL.
True Statement, but some people can pull it off. I...am not one of them. I take Wriggle's and try to counter jungle as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
You kite the entire enemy team 1 v 5 across the jungle as ur team pushes. Stuff like that.

GL.
Or push a lane as 1 while enemy 5 try to force their way through a tower. And shaco can take most heroes 1v1 or can escape, turning the team fight into a 4v4 on a tower. Good for your team And sometimes they send 2 after you, so now you're team is 4v3. Shaco is a dynamic player. You have to play him that way.

On a separate note, I do miss the days of stacking sunfires and then splitting into 2