Nidalee has bugs! Didn't you know?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boras Legs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Also I'd like to add that her Javelin occasionally hooks. If I was able to screenshot/record it I would but to explain it: The Skill shot indicator points at an absolute location no matter where your mouse is or your position is. Like say it *hooked* to a point where dragon was. I would be anywhere on the map and the skillshot indicator would still point there even if I try to aim it elsewhere. Obviously it wouldn't reach that location but it makes Javelin useless.. It wouldn't fix until Nidalee died.

Saebira

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cele View Post
ITT, bad nidalees, bad nidalees everywhere.
seriously, even with her bugs (that riot knows about) she is fine.
purrrfect where she is at, sorry she is not face roll, but her skill cap is high enough for veteran players to enjoy.

aweee downvotes, I made the little kids mad. I must be on the LoL general forum
QQ you got downvoted?

You didn't contribute anything useful, and you made a point to insult people.
Of course she's fine and playable-- who doesn't know about HotshotGG...
Still, insulting anyones level of skill with Nidalee is not a valid reason for bugs not to be fixed and I have no clue why you'd insist they don't get fixed just because you're "pro".
I notice them all the time

TotalLamer

02-17-2011

I got stuck inside Anivia's Ice Wall once.

Sucked.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Apparently, these bugs are nasty. Guinsoo's been looking at fixing them this week, but there's some difficulty.
Well I'm just going to hint that the Takedown bug with it doing less damage if she crits might have something to do with there being two damage multipliers active. Changing the skill to not be able to crit(my least favorite) or making it work similar to parley but only that it auto crits would probably fix the problem. The damage modifier for how much extra damage it does could be crit damage.

Just saying

Marsproject

02-17-2011

Screw Nidalee, they need to buff pantheon. Don't believe me? Look at the dozens of pantheon related threads.

Sagee Prime

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsproject View Post
Screw Nidalee, they need to buff pantheon. Don't believe me? Look at the dozens of pantheon related threads.
Pantheon is stuck in a limbo of nerf buff nerf buff which tells me he is poorly designed. Anyway this isn't asking for buffs this is asking for bug fixes that are way over a year old. Nidalee came out before pantheon and poppy and should have been fixed a long time ago. Not saying those champions are less deserving but Nidalee has been waiting far longer for things to get done.

Morcaar

02-17-2011

I Implore thee, Riot, In mine best Shakespearean accent, to direct your piercing visage upon the poor damsel, Nidalee. I was enchanted be her at first sight, when light through yonder window broke...
But she has many dilemmas that desire most ardently to be fixed... Wouldst thou consider her with the most tender care, and redeem her less attractive qualities hearby dubbed "Bugs"? I thank thee, from the depths of mine exceedingly dramatic heart.

Sagee Prime

02-18-2011

Like I said before this thread will keep going till all the Nidalee bugs have been removed

Sagee Prime

02-19-2011

Riot posts so far:

Riot Comments:

Quote:
Nidalee's decent in higher-tier games where games are typically shorter and skill levels are higher, but I agree her scaling's a bit off and the incentive to go AD is minimal.

While she's lower in the priority queue, I think some pretty simple fixes could put her in a better place. Some ideas we had:

* Push base values down to lower level 6 burst capabilities, but improve scaling to improve end-game

* Remove AD scaling on Q and push her entire kit to AP.

* Push Cougar more to AD, leave human form more AP. This gives two build paths, but make her complete package less cohesive. This is just something we might check out to see the effects, or mixing AD/AP, but it's a pretty out there proposal.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug54
Tl;dr: Apply the greater value of AD/AP scaling to her skills, her human form favoring AP and cougar for favoring AD
This sounds pretty interesting. When we get to Nidalee, we'll throw this around as a potential way to encourage some hybridization. Note I don't normally like to encourage that as much, but Nidalee's design supports it better than many other champs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I passed the feedback from this thread along to the appropriate parties. We'll see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
Apparently he created Nidalee too at least that is what Ezreal said.
I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
They exist.

I must know what they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLykaeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime
• Javelin toss animation goes further than it can hit meaning it visually touches the target but doesn't actually hit.
• Takedown doesn't properly crit like it should and will sometimes do less damage than a regular crit.
• Bushwhack doesn't always reveal the area for placement like it should or it removes FOW but doesn't show enemies that are in fact there
I was able to reproduce these and have reported them so we can get them fixed
Quote:
Good resource. Will get to it when we can! We're sorting out long-standing TF bugs currently.

We're gonna try to get some of these ol bugs fixed at a higher priority. We have some more manpower to do this now

IE, if Classick doesn't personally bring me lunch each day, he has to fix them! :P
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
why thank you!

you say this like you have never seen my thread before when in reality you have 2 posts in it from months ago.

don't feel bad, he did the exact same thing with a TF bug thread
So we hired people. When there's more work to do than can be reasonably done, you get more people so you can.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baysidebLue View Post
Don't get us wrong - we understand the pile of things to do and what its like to be shorthanded.

It's the fact that many of the threads did not receive a single reply. Soooo are you guys aware of the bugs or did you just not read the thread? All it means to us is that we need to keep making new threads

Seriously, you could've said "we're aware of her bugs, but it'll realistically take us about 3 Neptune years to get to them", and that would have given many of us (me, at least) closure.
Essentially, I don't have a great ability (or time) to keep track of threads. It's not outright ignoring people on purpose, it's the fact that my time on the forums is limited and I grab what I can quickly :P
Quote:
Apparently, these bugs are nasty. Guinsoo's been looking at fixing them this week, but there's some difficulty.

I'm sure there are more I have missed but here is what I have so far......oh and these are in chronological order.

Sorayai

02-20-2011

bump, please fix Nidalee's bugs~!