Nidalee has bugs! Didn't you know?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

02-04-2013
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Hey, I'm curious to know which issues are still happening. Of those listed on your post the only ones we've been able to reproduce are:

-When transforming immediately from cougar form and trying to lay a trap Nidalee lays them directly below her instead of where your cursor is.

-Bushwhack doesn't always reveal the area for placement like it should or it removes FOW but doesn't show enemies that are in fact there.

-If she engages an enemy in the process of jumping a wall she will pounce to them instead of over the wall.

-Swipe sometimes fires backward.

-Nidalee now consistently drops commands after using any of her cougar abilities.


If you are able to reproduce the other bugs, i'd be very interesting in seeing a more specific list of steps to reproduce and/or a video.

I'd also like to thank you for being so passionate about Nidalee. I know it can be hard just waiting around to have bugs fixed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Nidalee's cougar tool tips are screwed up. I haven't played a single game where I can see the base damages on her cougar skills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Hey, I'm curious to know which issues are still happening. Of those listed on your post the only ones we've been able to reproduce are:

-When transforming immediately from cougar form and trying to lay a trap Nidalee lays them directly below her instead of where your cursor is.

-Bushwhack doesn't always reveal the area for placement like it should or it removes FOW but doesn't show enemies that are in fact there.

-If she engages an enemy in the process of jumping a wall she will pounce to them instead of over the wall.

-Swipe sometimes fires backward.

-Nidalee now consistently drops commands after using any of her cougar abilities.


If you are able to reproduce the other bugs, i'd be very interesting in seeing a more specific list of steps to reproduce and/or a video.

I'd also like to thank you for being so passionate about Nidalee. I know it can be hard just waiting around to have bugs fixed.
I'll see what I can come up with and thanks for the response.

Edit: Also I would like to note incase you missed it that the Highlighted red means they have been fixed. I should probably just make a box down below listing them but some of the bugs that have been fixed previously recurred a few time after being "fixed". So sorry if there is any confusion there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLeiYu View Post
Forgot to mention invisible nidaspears. If she's outside of visual range you can't see her spears at all, even if they fly into vision range.
This isn't Nidalee skillshot only its all skillshots so whatever happens to be the problem isn't something specific to Nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cincinnatas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-04-2013

I got a better idea of how to fix her, just delete her.

No but seriously, I may not like her but I understand your frustrations. I am still waiting to see Mundo's Cleaver fixed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

@ Dannamoth

A while ago Xypherous (or someone) said that you guys were considering changing Nidalee's pounce to behave like Riven's Broken Wings in that when activating the spell you will pounce straight ahead except when the cursor is hovering over an enemy in which case it will pounce towards them. It was said to be a good compromise between those who want Pounce to behave like flash and those who want it to not be changed. Is this still planned or was it scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
-Nidalee now consistently drops commands after using any of her cougar abilities.
Isn't this a problem with many characters? I remember people complaining about characters dropping commands after using abilities (I had experienced it a lot with Riven) though no one's spoken of it for a while.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KupoPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Hey, I'm curious to know which issues are still happening. Of those listed on your post the only ones we've been able to reproduce are:

-When transforming immediately from cougar form and trying to lay a trap Nidalee lays them directly below her instead of where your cursor is.

-Bushwhack doesn't always reveal the area for placement like it should or it removes FOW but doesn't show enemies that are in fact there.

-If she engages an enemy in the process of jumping a wall she will pounce to them instead of over the wall.

-Swipe sometimes fires backward.

-Nidalee now consistently drops commands after using any of her cougar abilities.


If you are able to reproduce the other bugs, i'd be very interesting in seeing a more specific list of steps to reproduce and/or a video.

I'd also like to thank you for being so passionate about Nidalee. I know it can be hard just waiting around to have bugs fixed.
My main issue with her (As of recently I've been maining her mid) is her Pounce. Going over walls seems to be a very big issue. Baron, dragon, blue and more are my worst known areas. I'll be point blank in the spot I know I can jump over and 8/10 times, I'll die because of it. It's gotten to the point where I don't even use those points anymore, I'll either flash or continue running in the brush. Another issue is the constantly pouncing forward. A fix to this would be making it like Vayne's Tumble. Basically where ever your mouse is, is where you would pounce to. Just a thought Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupoPanda View Post
My main issue with her (As of recently I've been maining her mid) is her Pounce. Going over walls seems to be a very big issue. Baron, dragon, blue and more are my worst known areas. I'll be point blank in the spot I know I can jump over and 8/10 times, I'll die because of it. It's gotten to the point where I don't even use those points anymore, I'll either flash or continue running in the brush. Another issue is the constantly pouncing forward. A fix to this would be making it like Vayne's Tumble. Basically where ever your mouse is, is where you would pounce to. Just a thought Riot.

Swipe has the same control scheme as pounce and changing one wouldn't fix the other. My beef with pounce is the way collisions impact your ability to maintain accurate control over it. Being able to jump walls is just a bonus for dealing with the burden of knowledge when it come to playing Nidalee. There is still a great number of people who can't jump walls with her or don't even know you can jump walls with her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KupoPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
Swipe has the same control scheme as pounce and changing one wouldn't fix the other. My beef with pounce is the way collisions impact your ability to maintain accurate control over it. Being able to jump walls is just a bonus for dealing with the burden of knowledge when it come to playing Nidalee. There is still a great number of people who can't jump walls with her or don't even know you can jump walls with her.
Think about using swipe with the same concept as my suggestion to pounce. Mouse in the direction you want it to go then press e. You swipe in that direction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-06-2013

I kinda fell behind on some updates so I went ahead and updated some of the bugs. Looking good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReneReborn

Member

02-06-2013

Please fix Nidalee's Cougar Form tooltips. It really bothers me in game.