Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A question now that I've hit 20..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kalan60

02-08-2011

What runes should I get first? :/
I really have no idea.. And now that I'm 20 I need to get me some.
My mains aaaarrre usually Akali, Lux, the occasional AP Shaco, and I'm learning Trynd and like him quite alot, plus the occasional FTP. Oh and I like mages alot too. <3
Any suggestions?

Stillhart

02-08-2011

Magic Penetration Red
Mana Regen per level Yellow
Cooldown Reduction Blue
Flat health Quints

That's the "standard" caster build. Since you play Akali, you might consider dropping both that yellow and blue since one is useless and the other is not necessary. For Akali, you might consider AD quints, flat armor yellows and MR per level blues. Actually, those blues are pretty good on anyone.

Other options are flat AP quints, more mana regen blues, etc. There are a ton of possibilities.

For Tryndamere, I'd just run all crit. Expensive but effective. Maybe consider getting all T1 crits and replace with T3's as you can afford them.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-08-2011

If you're intent on playing a lot of Akali, I'd look into building a custom rune page for her, that lets her start the game with both parts of her passive up. My friend does this so he can start with a Doran's Shield for an easier early game.

Stillhart

02-08-2011

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
If you're intent on playing a lot of Akali, I'd look into building a custom rune page for her, that lets her start the game with both parts of her passive up. My friend does this so he can start with a Doran's Shield for an easier early game.

Don't you still need at least some of the points from items to trigger the passive, or did they change that?

xpsychedelico

02-08-2011

If you are looking to play a wide variety of champions until you can afford more specified rune pages (Tryn, Akali), the best would be to go for a more standard rune page:

Marks: Magic Pen or Armor Pen
Seals: Mana regen/level, Health/level, flat or scaling Armor, Dodge
Glyphs: flat or scaling Cooldown Reduction, flat or scaling Magic Resistance
Quints: Flat Health, Movespeed

For the longest time I only had Mpen, Arpen, mana regen/level, MR and flat health quints. Essentially runes really only matter more when it's specified, like a crit rune page for Tryn, or one that gives Akali both her passives at the start. Otherwise, it's nice to have, but it's not gamebreaking if you have something useful, or detrimental if you have the wrong stuff.

Dyr0nejk2

02-08-2011

the key runes that are near universal are:

Red: armor/magic pen
Yellow- Dodge/Mana regen per level/armor per level
Blue - flat cooldowns/MR per level/ Mana regen per level
Quints - Flat health/armor pen/movement speed