Yi: AD/LS or AS/LS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

01-22-2010

I have been messing around with a fair amount of builds for Yi, and I have settled on a AS/LF build that I don't seem very closely duplicated by anyone. I see a lot of AD/LS builds, but I have had pretty good success with the build I am using. I am hoping for some feedback from the community, and those who are more well grounded in Yi builds.

It goes as follows:
Malady
Berserker's
Starks
Phantom
Executioner's
Infinity (On the rare occasion that the game goes long enough for me to get my hands on one)

Feel free to critique

EchoRex

01-22-2010

Option C) Crit and Crit damage with Life steal.

That is what you want.

Something like:

Berserker's
Infinity Edge
Executioner's
Occult Sword or Black Cleaver
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer

The Promise

01-22-2010

Is that the preferred build, or simply another option?

JohnCataldo

01-22-2010

For most physical DPS champs, you want:

Attack Damage
Attack Speed
Critical Chance

Each of these makes having the other ones better. Yi is special because he has built in Damage (Wuju) and his ultimate gives him Attack Speed (plus his passive is LIKE AS). Critical Chance is actually what Yi needs the most, though more of AD and AS are still useful.

Lifesteal is good on anyone doin lots of physical DPS. How much you get is up to you, and being unkillable through life steal is at least one interesting way to go. Leaves you extra susceptible to blind/stun, though, if you need to do damage to stay alive.

Holypope

01-22-2010

When considering any 'best' dps build, you have to consider that balance will lead to the highest return. Yi has a huge built-in damage boost and an ult with a speed boost... so it can be a good general assumption that crits are going to at least initially, offer the highest return, followed by attack speed, then damage.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-22-2010

dont use malady