Why is Taric not considered a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PowerpointRanger

02-08-2011

Topic. Discuss.

In my eyes, he is most definitely a tank, in the same way amumu and alistar are tanks.

If Taric is built straight aura/support, he is very tanky.
- very high MR/Armor
- 2 self-heals
- not anymore mana-dependent than amumu
- awesome, reliable, long-range stun (if you've been stunned by taric while running away, you know what I am talking about
- can basically solo a tower at higher levels.

I am just getting frustrated at the people who scoff at me when they choose Taric and I ask them if they are tanking. I am NOT saying he is the best tank, but I think he is just as good as Amumu, Alistar, and Malphite, and defnitely superior to Galio.

TL;DR; Taric is most definitely a tank when built correctly, and fits a team nicely that A. Needs a tank B. Needs a support C. Has a jungler.

bladeofwill

02-08-2011

He cant initiate, and pretty much his only threat is a stun? He is more of a tanky support/aura *****.

Arkaether

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

He's more of a support/Aura champion. Most of tanks have more than 1 way to save their squishies. (He only has a stun) And his heal isnt that good late game, unless you go AP

Sangheneili

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

He can not convince people to attack him instead of running past
and killing the rest of his team.

No one dares get close to rammus/shen/amumu/ali the same way
cos they would **** them up.

sploofmoof

02-08-2011

One point I'd like to point out. He's a lot more mana dependant than Amumu is o.O
His ult drains his mana fast as hell if you just leave it on.
Also most people don't consider him a tank because if you build him aura/support his heals and such will all be weaker with a lack of ap and he just winds up being a tank in the same way people THINK mord is a tank. He stuns one person, the rest of the team (if they're smart) walk around him and pick on your squish.

Letric

02-08-2011

Taric deals no damage, ergo hes not a tank

bladeofwill

02-08-2011

Tank mord.. down there with tank garen.

Arecanderu

02-08-2011

he doesnīt have a way to make the oponent focus on him, and eccept for the stun he canīt stop them from reaching squishy allies.

Sangheneili

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sploofmoof View Post
One point I'd like to point out. He's a lot more mana dependant than Amumu is o.O
His ult drains his mana fast as hell if you just leave it on.
Also most people don't consider him a tank because if you build him aura/support his heals and such will all be weaker with a lack of ap and he just winds up being a tank in the same way people THINK mord is a tank. He stuns one person, the rest of the team (if they're smart) walk around him and pick on your squish.
Morde WAS a tank, people were scared to get close
he refused to die, and could rush into the enemy team and
smack them about as an initiate (granted not as gd as amumu ult).

Onlyashadow

02-08-2011

He's a support, you can tell because:

Q: Heal
W: Armor aura buff/armor debuff-aoe damage
E: Stuns and deals damage
R: Aura damage buff and self HoT

He simply does not have the abilities for a tank, I've seen taric played as a DPS better than I've seen him played as a tank. He just requires more to get his abilities going than hp/mr/armor