The Top 10 Most Powerful Champions (Lore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

05-17-2011

the problem with this type of thread is that a lot of champs are shown to be unbeatable.

fiddle is basically a god in his story. anyone that entered his room would either die or be so struck with fear that they might as well be.

nocturn is basically a living incarnation of nightmares. without ANY restrictions, he'd still be in the dream world, where basically he has complete control. magic is useless there. only beings without dreams are really safe from him. and i doubt there are very many of those.

brand is the same way. he's basically fire itself. given NO restrictions, he simply burns everything. u dont defeat fire. nothing is completely fireproof. nothing.

karthus is a lich who controls an army of the dead (unless his army of skeletons isnt really dead, which would be weird). anyone entering his swamp is gone. no exceptions. the only thing that shows he has any weaknesses at all is the recent journal, where malz/kass took him out in the crossfire.

speaking of malz and kass, they both have their godlike qualities, tho neither show any signs of being unbeatable, which, by proxy, means karthus isnt as tough as he sounds at all.

staying on the topic of the void, we have chogath. voidborn control vast army's, so they must be at least intelligent enough to do so. whether chogath is the best of his kind or just the "average joe", we'll never know. problem is, his story makes it out to be like the world would end if he had his full power. another problem is, he doesnt have his vast army. its just him. he's powerful, sure, but not the most powerful.

then we have kogmaw. we really have no clue as to what he is, or even why he is. he's not so much powerful as he is hungry. he's also a baby. we dont really know what kogmaw will turn into when it grows up but the potential is there. its just not there yet.

same goes for annie

malphite is an interesting case. he's merely a shard of the monolith. he is by no means the most powerful being in his world. he's simply 1 guy trying to fill his role. like a worker bee in a beehive. he's not the queen been at all, but as bee's go, he's a pretty good worker. if these r the workers, i shudder to think what their leader would be. potential is there, but he hasnt gotten it yet.

aniva is...odd. she's a cryophoenix, she's an elemental. she's also immortal. funny thing that... she quite literally cant die. even through league restrictions she ressurects every 5 minutes. given none at all, who knows... but as the essence of winter, much like brand, she really cant be beaten. everything freezes. nothing survives pure cold.

speaking of immortality, we have zilean. he controls time and is immortal. quite the combination. u cant kill him. ever. not even the league has found a cure for him. this does not, however, make him powerful. just really annoying. he cant be killed, but he can be trapped quite easily. he's susceptible to magic.

then there's soraka. pre-curse theres no question she wins. she was a god. end of story. in her current state, she just heals people. in the spirit of the question, much like zilean, i dont see soraka winning any battles (wars of attrition dont count)

kayle/morgana are also quite interesting. both are basically immortal and quite powerful. problem is, kayle clearly isnt all THAT powerful and admitted so when she went to the league for help when her world was attacked. immortal, yes. but not the most powerful. big difference.

nasus/ren are the most interesting imo. nasus is stronger than ren, so that settles thar bit, but how strong is nasus? we really dont know. through his story, we know he isnt actually a god. "Unfortunately, there were others of his kind that believed they were more than protectors. They were under the egotistical delusion that they had ascended to become gods. " not a god at all. just a race of egotistical protectors. he's a giant librarian, not the second coming of anubis (unfortunately. thats more like karthus, with his army of the dead and all...)

i'll add in jax cause so many people did as well. jax is a great champion. he is not, however, all that powerful. he is only successful when he is on the fields of justice. even given a weapon and all the motivation in the world, in whatever form is needed for him to muster it, he's still just a guy with a weapon and the ability to jump really far. he is not powerful when ALL champions are unrestricted. same goes for all lthe other "normal" champions like jarvan, xin, cait, gragas, even the yordles, pirates, and ninja's are no match.

so what have we concluded? there are too many immortal's to have that be the judge of things. the most powerful has to be a creature that isnt really human. anything with dreams loses to nocturn. plain and simple. that takes out jax, jarvan, nasus, anything human, yordle, or former human. period. end of story. jax has lost. zilean has too. though immortal, an immortal who's turned into a blabbering idiot like the people nocturn/fiddle cause is basically death, or at the very least a loss in battle. brand takes out fiddle. "Years went by, but the wooden figure within never moved save to slay any foolish enough to enter." wood = burnable = brand wins. simple as that. fiddle loses.

aniva vs brand is interesting. problem is, brand is an element of nature. he doesnt "die". aniva may be "immortal" but she can die, and in egg form, she can be defeated before reviving. we dont know how her egg form works outside the league but we have to assume, like i nthe league, it takes time to revive herself, time in which brand can continue burning her. everything burns. she isnt the essence of water. she is the essence of winter. ice melts. aniva loses.

brand vs nocturn is interesting. as an element of fire, i doubt brand really "dreams" like normal people do. maybe in his current body's susceptible to nocturn's powers but when he's free in his elemental form, i doubt u can scare pure fire. fire simply is. though as the physical incarnation of nightmares, u cant burn nocturn. it simply doesnt work that way. nocturn, unrestricted, exists outside the natural world. he exists in the dream world. brand exists in the physical world.

the verdict? its a tie statistically. its hard to say who's more "powerful" in their unrestricted form, and both can be argued for and against, but no other champ can defeat these 2.

DocX9

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavz View Post
Look more carefully at the lores for all those that are saying Jax

an example is Karthus, he makes anyone that comes into his domain part of his undead army
without and restrictions as the OP said, I think he would be much more powerful then Jax, considering he could just turn him into one of his soldiers.
I'm sure theres more examples, but its just one I know offhand
Read carefully what you wrote: "he makes anyone that comes into his domain"

The "his domain" part actually means a world of difference, since the fields of justice are actually neutral battle fields, and thus not his domain... He could be more poweful if he were fighing champs on the back yard of his house/crib/cave/tomb/whatever... But again thats not the case...

larkhill

05-17-2011

we dont know who goes to his domain. i doubt that many really powerful people go there. i suspect tis just a bunch of random explorers with no real power. he's effectively beating up on a multitude of weaklings. we have to reason to believe he's converting a bunch of super-powerful people to his army at all.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

05-17-2011

Updated to include Nocturne and Brand.

Neko The Cat

05-17-2011

As a young teen, Lee Sin was intent on becoming a summoner. His will and dedication were unmatched by any of his peers, and his skill drew the attention of Reginald Ashram, the League's High Councilor at the time. While studying at the Arcanum Majoris, Lee Sin became frustrated with instruction paced for the other students. He spent his free time researching the nuances of summoning in hopes of graduating sooner. He made amazing advances in his arcane studies, surpassing all other students. By all indications, he would have become one of the League's greatest summoners were it not for one terrible mistake.

As someone mentioned before, Lee-sin was and could of been one of the Leagues GREATEST SUMMONERS.

Pre-Blind or if he was cured of the scars of the burning, he COULD and most likely WOULD be the strongest champion assuming he never made the pact or broke the pact to stop using the summoners magic.

No one has seem to realised yet, but if the summoners are powerful enough to enter Karthus, Fiddles, Nocturnes etc domain, live and even RECRUIT them for their purposes, how strong does that make them? and how strong does that make Lee-sin post-burning/pact?

larkhill

05-17-2011

hmm... lee sin vs brand is an interesting one. i guess he could theoretically survive the fire. though he clearly wasnt really doing much while being burned. its not like he was still in fighting condition while doing so. he was merely surviving. much like ezreal, annie, even malphite to an extent, lee sin is an example of unrecognized potential. he may have become the greatest summoner ever, he may still have the potential to be one, but he doesnt show it at all. he doesnt use those skills. he uses his monk skills.

the problem is, tho lee survived the burning, his eyes were quite literally burned off. meaning he is susceptible to fire. being human means he's also susceptible to fiddle and nocturn. one cant overcome nocturn's power. magic is useless in the dream world. it stands to reason that whatever willpower that kept lee sin alive throughout the fire is useless there too.

as for the summoner's powers themselves, we really dont know what extent their power is. we know that summoning things can produce such feedback that an entire village is destroyed (from lee sin's story). when fiddle was summoned, whoever was in that room (i forget his name), was either obliterated by the summon, or became fiddlesticks (much like what we can safely assume happened with jax and ashram).

in the end, lee is simply a really powerful human, but a human nonetheless. we dont know what his potential power is, same goes for annie, jax, kogmaw, or any other champ mentioned. we can only go by what we see, and what we see is that any human loses to fiddle/nocturn by way of fear-induced hysteria or death, and anything flammable loses to brand. humans, lose to both.

going by pre-blind/cured state for lee sin means we go by pre-curse soraka and safely assume she's a god. soraka wins in that case. /thread

nocturn/brand still tie at number 1 imo

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

05-17-2011

I kind of feel Lee Sin gave up his potential when he stopped training to be a summoner and became a monk.

DarkfirePheonix

05-17-2011

Here's one flaw I find in most arguments, who's to say a god can't be defeated? Who's to say Garen couldn't in fact beat pre-curse Soraka? Or Cho'Gath? This is a world of magic, and in this world real world ideas don't apply (assuming gods and demon void beasts exist) WHat I'm saying is they may all be very much equal in different ways. Maybe Yi could defeat Brand, I get it, he's fire, but fire can be extinguished and Nocturne, I believe Lee Sin would win in and out of the dream world, Lee Sin has pure willpower and in the world of magic will power is godly, it will always come down too will, ever seen a hero with no will power in games and movies? No because willpower ALWAYS determines the winner, bar none. Remember this is a world of magic, a world of infinite possibilities a person like Tryndamere could be such a great warrior that he could slay say Annie at her adult years, or Malphite. By the end of the day it's not the pre-ordained but to will to change it that makesa champion a champion.

larkhill

05-17-2011

i understand that, but thats not what the question asked. he asked who the most powerful was, not the one who would survive the longest. theres no doubt that lee sin could survive a fight with brand. theres no doubt he could probably will his way to survive nocturn or fiddle's fear-inducing powers. but he doesnt have any power to counter them. neither does garen, or tryn, or any other champ really. they're all just guys with weapons swinging them really well. they dont have the power to destroy entire villages in 1 move like brand, or enter a world where no1 can touch them like nocturn can. this isnt about survival. this is pure power, and sadly, the power to survive isnt what the spirit of the question was about imo.

as for the god comment, sure a god can be defeated. but a god is simply more powerful than a non-god. soraka, in her god form, had the power to turn warwick into a werewolf. she basically had the power to do whatever she wanted. sure a sneaky teemo/eve/twitch with a sharp stick could kill her with 1 stab, but that doesnt stop the fact that a god is simply more powerful.

DarkfirePheonix

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
i understand that, but thats not what the question asked. he asked who the most powerful was, not the one who would survive the longest. theres no doubt that lee sin could survive a fight with brand. theres no doubt he could probably will his way to survive nocturn or fiddle's fear-inducing powers. but he doesnt have any power to counter them. neither does garen, or tryn, or any other champ really. they're all just guys with weapons swinging them really well. they dont have the power to destroy entire villages in 1 move like brand, or enter a world where no1 can touch them like nocturn can. this isnt about survival. this is pure power, and sadly, the power to survive isnt what the spirit of the question was about imo.

as for the god comment, sure a god can be defeated. but a god is simply more powerful than a non-god. soraka, in her god form, had the power to turn warwick into a werewolf. she basically had the power to do whatever she wanted. sure a sneaky teemo/eve/twitch with a sharp stick could kill her with 1 stab, but that doesnt stop the fact that a god is simply more powerful.
You missed what I said, I said Lee Sin could WIN against Nocturne as in beat him as in be more powerful, I said Garen could BEAT as in win against as in be stronger then, I never said survive I said WIN and if Garen beats Brand, regardless of how much destruction Brand could make if he loses to Garen he's weaker and that's my point in this world, as far as I see it, anyone from Teemo, To Annie, to Soraka could be the strongest. Do I think Someone like Heimer could take out the powerful godlike Nasus? Hell yeah I do, because this is fantasy, I have suspension of disbelief, I don't try to adhere to realistic idealisms in this sort of area. So no, I never said survive, I said beat, as in destroy, as in KILL, as in be stronger then. Also think about it, in this world there is something called MAgic Resistance and Spell shields, whatever Warwick had a spell shield, or sufficient Magic Resistance? Perhaps he could of resisted the spell? Sure in game MR is mere mitigation to damage but in an actual world maybe it's more then that? We really can't tell now can we?