The Top 10 Most Powerful Champions (Lore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUP3R J3SUS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

1. god soraka
2.brand-anivia-kassadin
3.malzahar
4zilean
5jax
6nasus
7annie
8nocturne
9yi
10twisted fate

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaestel View Post
You keep talking about immortality, but from my point of view it does not mean tehy are invincible.
If i for example crush the head of kayle she....will....die. Immortality only means that they can live for thousands of years. But not that they are invincible. Even in the norse mythology it is shown that the gods even if mighty and immortal, They still can be killed.)
There is a distinct difference between eternal life and true immortality. True immortality=cannot be killed. Period. (Or, simply ignores death and comes right back, in Anivia's case)

My list:

1-Anivia (By lore, the end of the world is incapable of killing her. True immortality)
2-Brand (He IS the end of the world, of a sort. Chained and possibly crippled by League)
3-Jax (Strongest mortal in the league, fights under heavy handicaps)
4-Annie (Almost definitely possesses the potential to surpass Jax, possibly Brand as well)
5-Cho'gath, Malzahar, Kog'maw (I put them together as the void in general. Unknown threat level. Current status is inferior individually to those above however)
6-Lee Sin. (Known to have magical potential on par with a high summoner, chooses not to wield it. Capable of completely defying judgement's magic, implies ability to stand on par with high summoners regardless of his use of his talents)
7-Nocturne. (Fought past multiple summoners, but not capable of defeating a high summoner. May or may not be handicapped.)
8-Maokai. (Force of nature. Victory 1v5 against unknown champions upon awakening.)
9-Irelia/Jarvan IV (Both have exibited the ability to defy death by sheer force of will. The former managed a complete recovery in the process)
10-Vayne (Capable of infiltrating League undetected)

Half this list is forces of nature... the other half is champions known to have one or more insane capabilities.

GrandBreaker

05-28-2011

Hrrrm. Well lets see, checking back stories of some champs, my list would be (this is not a definite order):

1Brand/Anivia
2Amumu
3Chogath
4Fiddlesticks
5Veigar
6Kassadin/Malziahar
7Jax
8Kogmaw (probably around 3 when adulthood)
9Annie
10Soraka

The reasons are all back stories.
Brand is a "cosmic entity" whose sole purpose gives the idea that he is up there in the level of godlike power (he resets all life on the world every so often) while not omnipotent by any means, hes very very powerful. Anivia is a similar being to Brand, but her purpose seems to be much different. If she is just as powerful, she does not show it often.

Amumu is one of the most powerful Undead in the world, the other being Mord, and his true power has not been taped into yet. We have confirmed, however, that his power could be on or near a cataclysmic scale similar to Brands. Basically, we don't actually know how powerful he is or understand his power.

Chogath is a friggin void beast. Apparently the "Void Beasts" had some part in the rune wars, which is a very sensitive subject, and these things are "Ancient Cosmic level entities of immeasurable destructive power" It's safe to say Cho'gath is easily one of the top 3, and is capable of much more than he lets on. Possibly worthy of a #1 spot.

Fiddlesticks is a dimensional being summoned from another plane of existence. Same as Amumu, we don't actually know enough to truly comprehend the depth of his power or his purpose, we just know he is pretty deadly, but not quite up to speed with the other cosmic beings we've seen so far.

Veigar is the most powerful magic user on the planet at this point and time. He is the top mortal. That being said, he is kind of insane. If he were more together in the head id put him at just above Cho'gath, but for now hes 5.

Kass and Malz were both normal human beings who happen to have survived an encounter with the Void. They both came out with some pretty vast power, and knowledge that only they have. They seem to be MUCH more powerful than they let on and both are already engaged in some form of unseen battle with (as of yet) unseen forces. Probably the two strongest humans in the league.

Jax gained entry into the league at the specific request of Reginald Ashram. From everything I can tell, if Ashram were actually around he would be #1 on this list. That also means Jax is one of the absolute most bad-ass individuals in existence (Ashram was on par with cosmic entities), and has a very important reason for being in the league. Unfortunately, what that is is a complete mystery. While he only uses a lamp post, he is just below Malz and Kass in power. If his restrictions were lifted he would probably exceed them all, since that's the big thing about Jax. The complete lack of limits. Also, wtf is Jax? He ain't human that's for sure.

Kogmaw is another Void Beast. But he seems kinda... young to me. Hes defiantly not as intelligent as Cho'gath, and is more or less subservient to Malz. Definatly very powerful, but its hard to tell how powerful.

Annie has the most potential in terms of raw power. The only thing currently holding her back is youth, while shes only a child there are obviously others who completely dwarf her power. When she is an adult, however, I can see her taking Veigar's spot as the most powerful magic user.

Soraka fell from the stars. So this would probably mean she was previously a cosmic entity on the level of Brand and Anivia, or possibly greater. Unfortunately, she "fell from grace" in her little strike against Warwick, so now shes MUCH weaker than she used to be. However, her origin is worth noting.

DID NOT MAKE LIST AND REASONS

Zilian - His immortality thing is a disease, its a hindrance not a strength. While he can use it's very unique magic properties and does not die of age, he can be killed and is otherwise pretty much a normal human being capable of using magic.

Karthus - He is a powerful mage, sure. Hes more or less undead, sure. But he just lacks that real potency you see in a lot of the others and has reached the pinnacle of his power already. He also seems to be just randomly participating or (recently) to be yet another servant under Malziahar.

Renekton/Nasus - They are not gods. They are simply beings from another planet that were summoned to participate because their actions in life were so influential (Nasus) and because he happened to be unluckily dragged along (Renekton).

Morgana/Kayle - They are not gods. They are simply beings from another planet that were summoned to participate. In this case it was because Morgana contacted and asked the league for assistance in their own conflict on their world, and Kayle didn't like that.

Ryze - While he is a powerful magic user, according to his judgement he defiantly has a teacher. Shes probably more powerful than him. Also, his magic is/may be apparently unstable? It just seems to lack that potential of godlike power that Annie or Veigar possess.

Nocturne - Hes a nightmare. Call me crazy, but that's not cosmic level material. Whatever he is, he may only be as powerful as the average champions.

Mordekaiser - He is one of the two strongest Undead in the world. That being said, Amumu just overshadows him far too much, as do most of the other champions in the league. On top of that, again, we don't even know who he really is or how powerful he really is.

GrandBreaker

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDisrespect View Post
my biggest issue with this whole debate is the huge amount of mystery surrounding most if not all the champions. We dont know the exact criteria for immortality nor do we know if swain or shaco are actually human, shaco could be as his name sake a demon and swain could be a mutated bird thing.. jax could have bribed summoners to do there worst so he could win a large spree of matches, we just dont know these things. But! there is one thing we can be fairly certain of brand doesnt belong in the top ten as he was captured and easily by the league, brand fries a few peasants the league pops up none of them die and brand is trapped until they can kill him completely
now think back to nocturne, he/it? pops up and kills a number of the top summoners before being contaned, this seems to be further proof that brand really isnt that dangerous
I would like to point out that when brand was captured by the league, he had just escaped a several thousand year confinement by an immensely powerful magic ritual. That being said, his power is on a level of cosmic cataclysmic destruction, he has already confirmed that he has "reset" the world several times before (Which basically means he burnt everything away and let life begin again) so... ya. Brand is potentially the strongest in the league currently, since hes actually a force of cosmic power.

Jax was put into the league by Ashram himself. Ashram would be #1 on the list if he were around, so Jax is something serious.

Nocturne killed some of the Summoners, but only in their dreams. Hes in OUR world now, hes much weaker here, and he really only had that power to kill summoners... he could just be leftover magic that sat around too long.

Also, I do agree about Shaco and Swain, more on shaco less on Swain. Shaco could be a manifestation of human malevolence, but that would make him pure evil. It would also just make him, more or less, focused only on making humans suffer as much as humanly possible. OR it could just mean hes a trickster who annoys the living hell out of humans. As for swain, he is a John Doe. I would love to know more about him, my guess is the Raven on his shoulder is a demon whom he has made a pact with for power, because he is the only one who knows its name, and a Raven is generally his signature. But he wants to become the next King of Noxus, so he has goals that don't involve destroying the planet.

Chien Po

05-30-2011

Rammus

Heliostorm

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
I would like to point out that when brand was captured by the league, he had just escaped a several thousand year confinement by an immensely powerful magic ritual. That being said, his power is on a level of cosmic cataclysmic destruction, he has already confirmed that he has "reset" the world several times before (Which basically means he burnt everything away and let life begin again) so... ya. Brand is potentially the strongest in the league currently, since hes actually a force of cosmic power.

Jax was put into the league by Ashram himself. Ashram would be #1 on the list if he were around, so Jax is something serious.

Nocturne killed some of the Summoners, but only in their dreams. Hes in OUR world now, hes much weaker here, and he really only had that power to kill summoners... he could just be leftover magic that sat around too long.

Also, I do agree about Shaco and Swain, more on shaco less on Swain. Shaco could be a manifestation of human malevolence, but that would make him pure evil. It would also just make him, more or less, focused only on making humans suffer as much as humanly possible. OR it could just mean hes a trickster who annoys the living hell out of humans. As for swain, he is a John Doe. I would love to know more about him, my guess is the Raven on his shoulder is a demon whom he has made a pact with for power, because he is the only one who knows its name, and a Raven is generally his signature. But he wants to become the next King of Noxus, so he has goals that don't involve destroying the planet.
No, Brand says there IS a reset, not necessarily that HE resets it.

larkhill

05-30-2011

did i miss something where it said that aniva could survive the end of the world? to my knowledge, only brand can survive it (well survive is a relative term. he has caused the end of the world many times. surviving his own doing is self-explanatory)

o boy, the jax love is back. i guess after a few pages its inevitable so ill let it go. either way, jax is not the most powerful at all. he was in no way remarkable outside the league and inside the league he won only due to the restrictions put on every champ. it doesnt matter what weapon jax has. an unrestricted chogath eats him alive... he wouldnt even be able to touch nocturn or brand, and many other champs would simply run circles around him. at the end of the day, he's a guy with a sword. he may win against many champs but he doesnt win with power. what brand and aniva have is power. what nocturn has is power. annie/lee sin, even with all the unused potential, still hold a lot more pure power than jax, or any other weapon-wielding champ.

as for kogmaw, where is everyone getting the idea that he's a child? there is no lore to support this at all. all we know is that he came into this world with a lot of curiosity. that says nothing at all for age. everyone is curious when they go to a new place... his method if figuring stuff out just happens to be by eating them. he's not "hungry" per say... he isnt a starving beast needing to constantly eat to survive. he simply eats everything in his path. he has no motivation to be here at all. he doesnt come here with a specific purpose. he was drawn to runeterra by something and when he got there, he went all curious george and looking around. he has no "power" and he has no intent. he simply eats things. thats it. he does not belong in this thread.

as a note on his subservient nature to malz, i question it. my guess is he's more subservient to the void powers within malz that led kogmaw there in the first place. remember, kogmaw has no real intentions at all. he doesnt care for war or peace or anything at all really. he's just curious of his surroundings and eats them to figure it out. from kogmaw's story, we know that the voice within malzahar is an external entity that simply attached itself to his psyche. its not malz himself. that voice is the likely thing that kogmaw listens to, not malz.

amumu is another one that people seem to often get wrong for whatever reason. first off, he is a yordle. he isnt an undead beasty mofo that can tear into the world and destroy things. read his story again... he is a yordle who had a heart beat and was a regular person. he found himself in the shurima desert all wrapped in in bandages, mummified and sad for no apparent reason. he was a yordle turned into an undead. though his powers are decent, i wouldnt put him anywhere near the level of the void champs, or the forces of nature

speaking of forces of nature, maokai is a champ i neglected to mention in my earlier posts as i didnt think it was necessary at all... but i guess it is. maokai didnt slay summoners or anyone important. he killed 6 champions in a 3v3 match. thats it. he was then quickly suppressed and dealt with as the story goes... he has no massive power capable of destroying much. he killed 6 completely unsuspecting champions, and for all we know, they could have been level 1 champions that were terrible. not all champs are the greatest...an unrestricted maokai saproling/ultimate would completely destroy a low level squishy...or 6...

Heliostorm

05-30-2011

Perhaps too many people haven't read Fiddlestick's new lore. Not even the League can handle him, they just let him sit in a room and tell no one to go in.

larkhill

05-30-2011

the problem with fiddle is that some people do survive are just too struck with fear to be decent people anymore

Quote:
What few who followed and survived were driven mad by fear, mere husks of men gibbering about crows and death.
this tells us that 1, people can survive fiddle so he's not all that powerful and 2, that his powers work mostly on fear and not on raw power. it takes a lot of fear to drive summoners to that point.

i doubt a fear-based attack would work on elemental entities like brand/aniva or void beasts like chogath or kogmaw. and i REALLY doubt 1 can drive malz/kassadin to that level of fear. those 2 have seen the void itself. i doubt some crows and a scarecrow can strike fear into their hearts...

Heliostorm

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the problem with fiddle is that some people do survive are just too struck with fear to be decent people anymore

this tells us that 1, people can survive fiddle so he's not all that powerful and 2, that his powers work mostly on fear and not on raw power. it takes a lot of fear to drive summoners to that point.

i doubt a fear-based attack would work on elemental entities like brand/aniva or void beasts like chogath or kogmaw. and i REALLY doubt 1 can drive malz/kassadin to that level of fear. those 2 have seen the void itself. i doubt some crows and a scarecrow can strike fear into their hearts...
Uh. What? What the hell do you think is scaring them about Fiddle? Nothing? He obviously does something that's so ****ing terrifying it turns people into mindless husks. Note that it never says Fiddlesticks tried to kill them, other than the first one. One guy got cut by a scythe, but the others for all we know, Fiddle didn't want to kill. All the power of the League can't budge Fiddlesticks from that room, and these are people who could knock Jarvan IV and Swain aside like toys. At the very least, his power level should be considered Unknown.