...How is it possible to do badly with Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOD SlN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Interesting, you've played 2 games with gangplank and you think you know how to play him? I'm definitely not a pro Gangplank player but I do have over 100 games with him in normal and ranked. Just a tip, E is definitely much better than Q early game. You can deny 2 minions before your minions even get to the lane. With only 2 games played, I doubt that you have even tried denyplank yet.

TLtitan

02-10-2011

play some decent players before u think gp is good lolz

DTM300

02-10-2011

I love how everyone counts GP as critting with his parley is automatic. If you don't crit you don't do much damage. To have 50%+ crit you need like an IE and an Avrice and some crit runes, or 2 avrice and an IE. Assuming you have boots by that time, that's 1500 + 4080 + 950 something.

That's not early game. That's bordering mid game at that point. That's still a 50% chance to crit. So you do need to get a couple shots off of your target. They can trade some hits with you, and when you charge in you're going to have to hope you crit or you can use your ult. Again, there are people that can shut him down. His E is only useful to his team with minions around. After early-mid game, minions won't always be around to help your team.

DTM300

02-10-2011

Oh and, wait until someone gets some armor. See how hard your parley crits for. That forces you to get LW. That's 2 items you have to get (IE and LW) and you only have 1 damage move.

HenryF0rd

02-10-2011

I like having a GP on the team, I think he contributes quite a bit with the right comp. He really can put on tons of damage much earlier than most 'hard carries' can. But he needs a team that can provide a ton of CC so he doesn't die.

In the right team he's a big contribution.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
I love how everyone counts GP as critting with his parley is automatic. If you don't crit you don't do much damage. To have 50%+ crit you need like an IE and an Avrice and some crit runes, or 2 avrice and an IE. Assuming you have boots by that time, that's 1500 + 4080 + 950 something.

That's not early game. That's bordering mid game at that point. That's still a 50% chance to crit. So you do need to get a couple shots off of your target. They can trade some hits with you, and when you charge in you're going to have to hope you crit or you can use your ult. Again, there are people that can shut him down. His E is only useful to his team with minions around. After early-mid game, minions won't always be around to help your team.
I love how certain individuals only look at ONE skill of GP and not GP as a whole.

1. Global ulti that slows(relatively reliable if you choose the correct spot since the cannon shots lands toward the centar), perfect for helping allies' gank or clearing a wave of minion at your tower.

2. built-in cleanse + hp recover(secondary).

3. Denying mechanism(really important because it lets him stay 1-2 or 3-4 levels above the opponents).

Gp with ghost+cleanse+BV is unstoppable(the triple anti-CC plus his high movespeed enables him to dive past a enemy tank to land a Q on enemy carry, then run back without problem).