...How is it possible to do badly with Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

02-07-2011

until today, i've never, ever, ever seen a good gangplank. all the gangplanks ive ever seen usually fed, and only got their kills through his ult in early game ganks.

but i tried him today, and man he is insane. i went 22-5 with him, even though 2 team members fed, using a critplank build.

the BEST farming tool in the game? in-lane healing? a hands-down teamfight table turner ult? a mini, spammable sivir ult?

how is it possible to do badly with this guy? he's insane.

a parley and 2 autoattacks is enough to kill a squishy, and if i get snared or whatnot, i just remove scurvy and ghost myself out of there. and his ult? with good positioning of the ult and if the other team has no flash it's pretty much a guarenteed ace.

i got 2 quadrakills and god knows how many double kills that game.

i know it was only one game, but i could easilly say that the other team was good; much better than mine's. but theoretically, GP is honestly insane. i nuke like a veigar and carry like a lifesteal master yi, AND i can just hustle out of there with my remove scurvy after i do my job..

please, pros. point out what's wrong with this guy. gangplank. is. powerful. as. ****.

Carados

02-07-2011

Pretty simple: Take Q at level one, don't have good runes, don't start with Sapphire Crystal.

How to do badly with Gangplank in a nutshell.

kwjnfkjsdg

02-07-2011

1. i took Q at level 1
2. i was using my soraka rune page
3. i started out with boots and 3 pots.

Carados

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
1. i took Q at level 1
Congratulations, you ignored the only thing which made gangplank a somewhat worthwhile champion.

AznDoug91

02-08-2011

Take E at level 1, deny exp. Profit. Many people seem to underestimate the power of denyplank. If you can succesfully deny and make them B or even kill them, then you will broaden the level gap between your lane and the opposing lane, you will have a level advantage.

However, these days, people want to just do deeps as soon as possible so they spam parrrley from level 1 without realizing it does little more than an auto attack at level 1.

Also, don't stack avarice blades, you can farm the gold fast enough for your crit items as it is.

Quote:
until today, i've never, ever, ever seen a good gangplank. all the gangplanks ive ever seen usually fed, and only got their kills through his ult in early game ganks.

but i tried him today, and man he is insane. i went 22-5 with him, even though 2 team members fed, using a critplank build.

the BEST farming tool in the game? in-lane healing? a hands-down teamfight table turner ult? a mini, spammable sivir ult?

how is it possible to do badly with this guy? he's insane.

a parley and 2 autoattacks is enough to kill a squishy, and if i get snared or whatnot, i just remove scurvy and ghost myself out of there. and his ult? with good positioning of the ult and if the other team has no flash it's pretty much a guarenteed ace.

i got 2 quadrakills and god knows how many double kills that game.

i know it was only one game, but i could easilly say that the other team was good; much better than mine's. but theoretically, GP is honestly insane. i nuke like a veigar and carry like a lifesteal master yi, AND i can just hustle out of there with my remove scurvy after i do my job..

please, pros. point out what's wrong with this guy. gangplank. is. powerful. as. ****.
Also, all I got out of this was "I had a good first game with (insert champion name) and I dominated, therefore this champion is balls to the wall awesome."

LoveYuRi

02-08-2011

Idk how ppl r soo bad with him... my first game i got14/4/11 with him. Soo easy..

U take E to deny exp from the other team. Turret hug and u can still out lvl them. After E Start maxing Q and put some in W for hp and cleanese.

Build 3 avarice and Cdr boots.
IE+ ghostblade= gg for the other team if you learn to play GP

Kroghar

02-08-2011

Even though it was just one game, I was skeptical at your claim since I've NEVER seen a Gangplank do quite that well.

Quote:

After looking at your profile I noticed two things.

1. You're level 15. You really shouldn't be posting anything at this point other than "please guys, how do I play this game I don't know anything yet."

2. You're score was actually 16/9. So why are you beefing up your score on the internet?

16/9 is still good, I'll give you that, but you really can't be excited about anything outside of level 30 matches. When I was still leveling up, especially in the pre-20 days, I was getting insane scores of 20+ kills on champs like Singed and Olaf, champs I couldn't get near that score with now. In the early levels you're playing against people that likely don't know how to play against your champ and have little feel for how to avoid getting killed in general, let alone buy defensive items.

Gangplank is pretty rarely a great choice in my experience. Unless the other team is really bad and feeds you, it takes a lot of farm to get Gangplank up to a powerhouse level. You played one match and were fed, you felt what it feels like to be a fed Gangplank, play some more matches and see what happens if you get denied in your lane.

kwjnfkjsdg

02-08-2011

ikr? easy stuff. as long as you don't suck you can get an IE by early-midgame and burst a squishy from half hp. thats why i was so surprised when i found out he was so easy.

and btw, played him again. 12-1.

denying minions with gp is overrated and a waste of your time. honestly. you'll do more than deny them (maybe) one minion from each creep wave if you keep up a good harass and zoning the enemy out that way. it's not effective unless you know the enemy champion will consistently be able to last hit all 6 minions from each wave and him losing that 20-30 gold per wave will actually hurt him.

unless i'm laning with a tryndamere against a zilean and malphite, i'm not gonna get denied. parley will net me a few creeps per wave, and there's always remove scurvy if i overextend and get harassed. it really isn't that hard to get gangplank farmed up unless you're laning with a greedy sivir. also, his ult is like a mini-karthus ult; it may be rng based but drop it on a crowd of enemies and you're ready to ace. i'm not sure if the cannons apply crit, but all i know is my ult does RIDICULOUS amoutns of damage.

and lol please dude, all i play against are lvl 30s. my 4 man premade is fully consisted of lvl 30s. ranked games too, played on my friend's accout and won 2/3 matches. lvl 30s arent a big deal buddy so you can drop the condescending attitude.

Lawrry

02-08-2011

I've beaten down numerous Gangplanks in mid lane. Gangplank doesn't have enough range, and if I kite with frost arrow on, he can't do anything about it.

Once I get the Big Fking Arrow, its over for Gangplank.

CoE Surion

02-08-2011

So, those gangplanks didnt skill their W skill to counter your big fking arrow?