What about a vampire?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Therox

08-15-2009

It would be absolutely awesome having some kind of Dracula as a champion, don't you all agree? Bloodsucking, turning into a bat and flying over the whole map for a short time, getting damage from the sun while he's not hiding in the high grass (but very low. gains health through every attack or so), turning into fog, mind control, teleporting, hiding in his casket to recover health...there would be so many opportunities to create a fantastic and characteristic hero

Whorseman

08-16-2009

hmmm, a vampire in broad daylight? He better have some kick ass sunscreen. Could be interesting though, gameplay wise. I like the bat idea since it's sort of like a blink, but not as OP as one. tPerhaps the fog could be like a fog of war you can't see thru unless you are in it. (to help hide team-mates)

Perhaps the bloodsucking gives a minor heal and turns a creep into a minion?

Not so sure about the health loss over time. Perhaps he wears a mask, but during his ultimate, he can cast a powerful aoe slow (at a cone of effect) at a cost of 5% health a second, since he'd have to show his face in broad daylight.

Lamninator

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

How about this hero idea from Heroes of Newerth forums:

ive had allot of thoughts to this char. And jumjum, we discussed about a hero that should be cool and dark in his soul...
Soo we came up with a rather unusual idéa.

This guy is a dark lord sent from hell...He uses a Whip..

First spell should be that he uses his whip 2 times in a 180 degree angel, damaging 2 times.

Second spell. uses his whip to snap 1 target for an amout of damage.

third spell. gives a bit of hpregen in a small radiouse to friendlies.

ultimate...he backtracks time, going back a few steps. regaining his health to the point he had before. and when he stops, he gets a second stun. and when he goes back, he should be invulnerable.

So thats my / our thought about a character, That would rather balanced, he should be either strenght or Agility, but strenght would suit him the most.

Since i like whips and darknes, he should be a very cool dark knight. or something that atleast have come out from hell. )))

Therox

08-16-2009

the idea with the sunglasses is just great maybe a small sunshade too? there are many ways to make him unique. hope riot will integrate a vampire-like guy ^^

Lollerman

08-16-2009

You mean like the Night Stalker?

Vampires aside, the concept behind being affected by the map's natural terrain/cycle is interesting and fun. I mention this, because Balanar was affected by the day/night cycle of WC3 engine, and his ult could change day into night (which all of his skills benefited from). Taking after this, an elemental who'd have different effects to the same spell depending on the terrain which it was cast would be cool too.

Tuul

08-16-2009

agreed the game is sorely lacking a vampire.

Besides the nightstalker was my favorite hero in dota =D

Removable Disk F

08-16-2009

The game does need a vampire, but seeing as how this isn't Castlevania, no whip is necessary. Unless perhaps, it's a sword whip and he is actually a ****ty girl with the pirate champion for a father.

Woozl

08-16-2009

Do mean something like Demigod's vampire? I loved that guy. Always with the red mist, and the 1,250 damage bite.
Yeah, LoL definitely needs a vampire.

Dakisarak

08-16-2009

okay but if they sparkle in the sunlight and are like 300 years old and still go to highschool so help me god you are going to be sorry

IS1b2fae32403405

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipius View Post
The game does need a vampire, but seeing as how this isn't Castlevania, no whip is necessary. Unless perhaps, it's a sword whip and he is actually a ****ty girl with the pirate champion for a father.
****ty girl vampire... We already have Evelynn :P