Shaco + I.E.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

02-07-2011

It says this for Shaco's decieve

Deceive - Shaco stealths himself instantly and teleports to target location. His next attack is guaranteed to critically strike.
Shaco instantly stealths for 3.5 seconds, and teleports to target nearby location. If he attacks while stealthed, the attack is guaranteed to crit for 40/60/80/100/120% bonus physical damage.
Cost90/80/70/60/50 ManaRange25000

Does that mean that that if I get I.E. it will deal even more dmg by 50%? Do Runes and Masteries enhance the effect?

nkhatri3

02-07-2011

I believe so, but honestly, IE isn't that great of an item on shaco anymore especially considering its cost. You are actually better off getting bloodrazor so that you can get early baron.

Yellow Jester

02-08-2011

I would argue that bloodrazor is a bad item on shaco. You need to do damage to squishies, not tanks. Plus, Infinity edge increases your initial burst damage waaaaay more.

Really shaco's problem is that he's not good enough at farming to be able to have a good lategame if he doesn't get fed kills. He pretty much needs his kills.

Fluffy1

02-08-2011

you may want to note that his decive is not considered a true crit, it follows similar mechanics but is not a crit. crit dmg runes and masteries i know do not work with it but if i recall a red said the IE bonus does work.

PurePyramid

02-08-2011

I don't know the exact bonus crit damage that IE adds to Deceive, but indeed it increases Deceive's damage output. Bloodrazor is quite expired for Shaco nowadays, but is still viable.

Fluffy1

02-08-2011

IE adds 50% crit damage

SaaRoony

02-08-2011

yeah inf edge is good on shaco but you rly should be jungling and when jungling you should atleast get a madreds razor. after this its not too much money to upgrade this into a madreds bloodrazor. Also with the argument shaco should not be hitting tanks.... yes tanks shouldnt be focused but no carry is stupid enough not to get some health and then they are so easy to kill with madreds. One more thing is shaco with IE is hard countered by thormail being a melee squishy dps. thus madreds splits your damage into about 1/2 magical and 1/2 physical.

Kamirga

02-08-2011

no no no no no

IE's bonus increases critical strike damage, much like the runes+mastery

Deceive is not a critical strike in the traditional sense, it replaces an auto attack with an attack that is increased by a %, the same mechanic as critical strike but it is its own mechanic, IE+the runes+mastery only affect true criticals, not shaco's own mechanic

IE used to but they changed it, it was the patch notes forever ago

Forty Bass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

IE helps his Q i just tested it. along with the crit damage from offence and runes.

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

You should definitely be jungling. I prefer wriggle's over madred's as it allows you to counter jungle. My build is:
Madred's Razors
Mobility boots
Wriggles
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel
Bloodthirster
Wit's End
Sell Wriggles and get Madred's Bloodrazor on 6th slot.

Shaco's ability to counter-jungle is awesome. Plus, saving for a MBR early takes away from his ability to get some survivability (BV + GA). I take the survivability items for the mid game when I am pushing side lanes. If they really want to kill me it will take 2-3 of them coming after me and then they still have to get through the BV, my deceive, ghost, and if they actually kill me, my GA let's me do it all over again. By pushing the side lanes a lot your Bloodthirster will stack fast. Combine that with the attack speed of MBR and Wit's End and you shred just about anybody and any tower in your way (and Baron). So far it has worked for me, usually ending games about 18/4/x and taking champions 2v1 end game when they come after me.

Shaco isn't a team fight kind of guy and he has to have a team that can hold 4v5 on a tower. So be aware of that.