Zilean - AP/Support Mix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Zilean - That clock dude

Q - Time Bomb - Places bomb on enemy. Few seconds later. BOOM explosion. AoE damage. Placement of bomb does NOT trigger tower aggro.

W - Rewind - Rewinds the cooldown of your skills (spam spell late game)

E - Time Warp - RHPS classic dance. Slow enemies greatly for a certain time. Speeds up your teammates for the same amount of time. Great for ganks. But not that great real early game (not spammable without high cooldown reduction)

R - Chronoshift - Revives the target if they die within 15 seconds of being targeted. Also heals for a certain amount. This is why you rewind spam late game.

Skill Build

1. Bomb
2. Rewind
3. Bomb
4. Time Warp
5. Bomb
6. Chronoshift

From here max chronoshift -> bomb -> Rewind -> Time Warp.

Item Build

Start with

Dorans Ring + HP Pot

Then the following items the following order

Dorans Ring #2
Dorans Ring #3
Boots of Speed
Sorcerers Boots
Sight Wards (buy whenever you need from this point on) (magic wards if the opposing team is running stealths)
Haunting Guise
Glacial Shroud
Frozen Heart (sell a dorans ring if you are short the 200 some odd gold on a trip back)
Aegis (sell dorans ring to make room if needed)

Never had a game last past aegis (only one game lasted til aegis really) Build is really cheap too so its easy to farm before level 16 so play around with it at this point. Go nuts

Masteries

I'm not level 30 yet, so not sure where the 9 points would be better suited (dunno if the extra 3% cooldown is worth it really or if its better to just be a little bit stronger armor wise early game) But for sure

21 Utility

1 - Good Hands
3 -Perseverance
4 - Awareness
3 - Meditation
1 - Insight (clairty mastery)
3- Quickness
1 - Mystical Vision
1 - Presence of the Master.

Thats 20 points. I always just throw my other point in expanded mind at this point.

Summoner Skills

Clairty - Full Mana heals at low levels to you and your teammate = great. It allows for almost double the farming time early game. Late game just as useful for pushes (I find it better than heal for pushing cause more people retreat after big team fights due to being low on mana more than health)

Clairvoyance - Its a fun spell to spam. Its not really more useful on zilean than other heros actually, but most other heroes can use that other summoner skill for exhaust or ignite or something they'll need to help kill/farm.

Other summoner skills-

Rally - Killing dragon early with the team is always nice. More useful in premades where you know the dragon will be taken earlier than normal

Heal - Its the clarity for your health. You're normally in the back so your health should rarely go low near the start of the game. But if you're more aggressive heal will work just as well (can't spam bombs as much though)

Teleport - No. You have time warp for that.

Cleanse - No. You won't be being stunned much. And if you are stunned, cleansing out may allow you to use your ult to save yourself, but you're more than likely still dead after being revived if you were being focused.

Ghost - No. You have move speed already. Tons of it.

Smite - Good combo with your bomb. (instant explosion if you kill the creep you smite with a bomb on its head) If you go offensive tree with the gold boost you may want to look into it. But once again smite is better for people who have problems farming or need lots of gold, you have neither problem.

Exhaust -You have a spammable slow already. Exhaust would not be needed.

Revive - its never mentioned in guides anymore D:

Flash - You have move speed already.

Fortify -Too far down in the defensive tree to make it useful really.

Ignite - You don't need the damge cause you know... you're support you don't need the extra one kill it might net you during the game. And its more likely to kill steal from the carries early game too. Which is normally frowned upon

But enough about that boring stuff that people read.

Early game (1-6)

Place bomb on enemy champs if they're being aggressive. It'll either force them to damage themself and their creeps if they want to still last hit or back up so they get no gold while bombed.

If the enemy is playing cautious at any point (staying back near ranged creeps, just outta your bomb range) try to bomb them. if they back away, bomb the creep next to them. They'll be forced back even farther and you'll be happy.

Just keep that up basically til you get a carry thats beginning to look strong. You're now allowed to support carries. Congratulations. Buy items when the opposing team tele's back after lots of harrassment or you need to go heal (failed gank on their part)

Use bomb for the majority of your damage. Rarely use rewind unlessyou can easily get both bombs off on a squishy champ (and you haveenough mana to) and never use time at this point except to escape a gank (cast on self if alone always unless you are being chased by udyr with bear... then of course use it on him. you're much faster at that point)

Mid Game (6-16)

Its a long mid game. Buy more items whenever you see fit (i normally have begun working on sorc boots at level 6. Might even have finished them at this point.

Use chrono shift to save allies (at this point, unless you know they have a huge nuke, wait til near the end or else you'll have an ally running back to base with low health, if he dies under chrono he'll actually end up with more health then spam your time warp on the ally and flee if you can't make them flee with bombs.

Now with your gank squads out roaming, (like they do) you can either join them or push towers with bombs while farming easy money. (I prefer to farm at this point, at least until level 11) It may seem like a long time (but awareness + zileans passive = fast leveling) its worth it. You'll have finished at least haunting guise when you join the gank squad. Your job is bait to start fights. Run in, place bomb. Expect to get slown, opposing team starts chasing. Bam, slow them if they chased solo or speed yourself up if you need to. Spam rewind right after time warp.

Whenever gank squads are healing though, you just keep on chugging along with your bombs pushing the towers. You have to keep moving though, use clair to keep a heads up on where the ganks are coming from. and time warp outta there making them lose precious time trying to gank you.

Late game -Lvl16+

You got frozen heart at this point with a total of 40% cooldown. (maxxed) Now whenever possible (if logical) spam rewind to keep chronoshift useable. And now it comes down to fast fingers and reactions.

Chronoshift the person being targeted in a team fight that might die in the next few seconds (not in 10... cause he'll survive if you chronoshift too early...always seems to )

Time Warp - Situational. You may need to warp yourself (catch a fleeing champ) to start slowing them with time warp (rewind spam ftw) You may just need to slow the opposing team down (2 at a time easily) or you can speed up your team if they can secure a kill in 1 or 2 hits. Learn the situations. Love them if you want.

Rewind - Just spam it. If a spell is on cooldown, use it. Thats basically all there is to it. Its cheap for the most part (keep an eye on mana, you might wanna clairity sometime)

Bombs - Lay a bomb on champs near the middle of the fight (friend or foe... friends normally deal more damage when they explode) if an opponent is fleeing with low health and your timewarp and rewind are on cooldown (happens on rare occasions) plant a bomb on the enemy, it'll pop and kill them easy. (feel bad for stealing a kill later on though) If you can't keep up with the fights, just spam the bomb on the middle area of the fight. itcan't hurt your team.

Its late, i'll format this later if anyone likes it >__>b

also I'm not elite with zilean. I play him as a side character to soraka and... hell, all characters I play as. Recently I've been having bad connection issues with just this game too (random lag spikes and freezes) so my adr (assist death ratio) is not as great as it once was with zilean (or any char) but this build is working as well as my pure support build during beta and with the lag spikes I'm still doing great in team fights (although sometimes I will just lag to death standing there while i get wailed on... but not the builds fault :P)

Suggestions in case I failed something bad?

Efou

01-21-2010

Mine is something like 9/0/21; from offense you get 15% magic penetration, more cooldown reduction, some AP. Between all that and glyphs I am already at 15% CD reduction, so Frozen Heart finishes it off and would make anything like Guise a waste of money. Otherwise my build is pretty similar:

Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Sorc Boots (mix in where appropriate)
Frozen Heart

By this stage of the game the Aegis effect isn't so amazing, and probably should have been built by someone else on the team already. Survivability wise you are doing OK on HP, great on armor, but weak to magic. More AP or magic penetration would also be nice. So at this point depending on the game I start choosing among these items ranging on the scale of stay alive to hurt people: Banshee's Veil, Abyssal Sceptre, Void Staff. Games are typically over or wrapping up by the time you get to make any, or many of these decisions.

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efou View Post
Mine is something like 9/0/21; from offense you get 15% magic penetration, more cooldown reduction, some AP. Between all that and glyphs I am already at 15% CD reduction, so Frozen Heart finishes it off and would make anything like Guise a waste of money. Otherwise my build is pretty similar:

Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Sorc Boots (mix in where appropriate)
Frozen Heart

By this stage of the game the Aegis effect isn't so amazing, and probably should have been built by someone else on the team already. Survivability wise you are doing OK on HP, great on armor, but weak to magic. More AP or magic penetration would also be nice. So at this point depending on the game I start choosing among these items ranging on the scale of stay alive to hurt people: Banshee's Veil, Abyssal Sceptre, Void Staff. Games are typically over or wrapping up by the time you get to make any, or many of these decisions.
So you start the game with faster cooldown (about 9% faster). I have really no runes that are forzilean (mainly just junk runes actually) but I'd rather run more health early game (flat health runes) so I can just survive even more early game harrassment (in case I lane against a teemo or twitch that just widdle away hp slowly) The extra cool down in the first few levels is not that amazing since your mana will be depleting a lot faster that way. By the time Haunting Guise is built you have a fairly decent mana pool.

This is why attack and defense masteries were basically going to end up a toss up.

Going attack you'll be stronger early game (with bombs) but you'll buy an extra defense item to help a little with defense in the game.

Going defense, you will be able to harrass just as well early game (maybe not some huge Kill early, but easily forgiven for staying in lane longer) resulting in more money early so you can afford the haunting guise on your second trip back.

But thats where not having all 9 points (level 26 right now) might be making the large difference in seeing it in reality. They both seem fairly equal though. >__>b

So I guess i'll add if you decide to run offensive spec, i'll have to look for an item to replace it (depending no with or without CD runes too) >__>b

So yeah, this was more of get the idea out there guide then bam. slowly get criticism and adjust to see if people think better and then work hard on making it into a nice looking guide :P