Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoLies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Ive been playing lux and ive had a lot of success with her, often carrying my team and getting an awesome (or at least pretty good) k/d ratio. Ive been playing her as an AP carry or mage, with great success. However, a lot of people in the forums say that she is a support. So, i was wondering, am i playing her wrong???

Ltomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. Is it the level that I'm at or what?
I've just been absolutely stomping most games with an AP mage build while people keep saying to go cdr.

In my opinion, no, you're playing her awesomely. Yay Lux!

OmniOmega

02-07-2011

Nope, many champions can play different roles. There are just some builds that work better for some people. If you're doing very well playing Lux as an AP carry, there's no reason to change what you're doing.

clerica

02-07-2011

I don't like to rely on Lux to be the ap carry of the team, she works well as a support because her Q can enable kills or save lives and her W definitely helps despite a low ratio. Her Q/E combo isn't always reliable though.. but if you are really good at snaring people then yes she is an alright caster. (I find her Q fairly easy to dodge since it moves so slow) She has great range but her CDs make her so-so in fights. Most casters are defined by their burst damage (see Annie, Anivia) which Lux only has on her R and thats still on a fairly long CD.

Imo she's a good hybrid, she can fulfill both roles (but only so far).

If you get fed as her, yeah she'll hurt. XD But any fed champ should hurt.

NeoLies

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetlol View Post
I don't like to rely on Lux to be the ap carry of the team, she works well as a support because her Q can enable kills or save lives and her W definitely helps despite a low ratio. Her Q/E combo isn't always reliable though.. but if you are really good at snaring people then yes she is an alright caster. (I find her Q fairly easy to dodge since it moves so slow) She has great range but her CDs make her so-so in fights. Most casters are defined by their burst damage (see Annie, Anivia) which Lux only has on her R and thats still on a fairly long CD.

Imo she's a good hybrid, she can fulfill both roles (but only so far).

If you get fed as her, yeah she'll hurt. XD But any fed champ should hurt.
Im actually pretty good at landing my snares and doing my full combo (often getting a kill in the process) so i dont have problems with that. Tnx 4 the advice guys!!! I'll keep on rocking with lux =) . One og the things i love the most about lux is that her skills have pretty good range, so i can kill the carry / mage who is behind before they realize =) .

c4ke333ter

02-08-2011

No your not :P

Ubermensche

02-08-2011

I've been playing a ton of Lux since I watched Roku take her up (check our his livestream on Runeterra, he's so much fun to watch). He builds her straight AP and is a beast at landing all of her skill shots. I more or less copy him and always get a positive score with her. Here's what my average item build looks like:

-Doran's Ring
(1st time back)
-Lots of health potions
-Boots
-Maybe a ward
(Next few times back)
-Needlessly large rod
-Finish Rabadon's
-Finish boots (CDR, spell pen, or merc treads depending on other team)

From now on you can kind of give Lux a support-ish role and get AP items based on what the team needs. If people with physical damage like to focus me, I get an hourglass. Once they all start building Banshee's Veil, I get a Void Staff. If magic damage is killing me, I get an Abyssal Scepter. If you have a teammate that's completely raping face with magic damage (Akali, Vlad, LeBlanc), grab a Will of the Ancients to help both of you out. You're still building AP though.

Skillwise, max E first, get one level in Q and one level in W by level 4 (doesn't matter which order, sometimes you need your shield before your snare if you have to play defensively in lane against, say, a zilean). From then on, prioritize R > E > W >Q. I saw way too many people maxing Q first during free Lux week.

Items like Aegis of the Legion, Soul Shroud and Frozen Heart are such a waste on her. Play support by warding, snaring their carries and shielding your team, but otherwise think like an AP carry.