Im goign to try this again...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrTwister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Isn't it all personal preference? For me, I prefer it unlocked. I can see more, as well as what's happening, and I can pay attention to other areas around me easier.

This really isn't a conversation about the right way or the wrong way, it's up to the individual player. That's why there is the option.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Who cares?

Miss VaIentine

02-07-2011

It's preference. For me, locked limits your visibility. Since you don't understand what people are saying, I made it simple for you and have pictures! yaaay

Picture number 1, Locked View:
With locked view you are restricted from what you can see further in your lane and you have excess, unnecessary space behind your champion.

Picture number 2, Unlocked View:
The glories of having an unlocked screen gives you flexability. Without moving my champion, I can now see further down my lane and into the top bushes.

Picture number 3, Unlocked View:
With little effort, I can now see more down the lane.

Picture number 4, Unlocked View:
And now I can view the river and its bush.

Think about it like driving with mirrors. You don't always stare out your rear-view mirror, do you? No, you check your mirrors at the side of your car too

angusm

02-07-2011

Roll on if that's your thing.

But...

You simply can't be as acutely aware with a locked screen. Minimap's great for letting you know someone's in a lane, but not exactly where they are in a lane and would cause you to have a hell of a time playing champs with globals.

a4mad

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss VaIentine View Post
It's preference. For me, locked limits your visibility. Since you don't understand what people are saying, I made it simple for you and have pictures! yaaay

Picture number 1, Locked View:
With locked view you are restricted from what you can see further in your lane and you have excess, unnecessary space behind your champion.

Picture number 2, Unlocked View:
The glories of having an unlocked screen gives you flexability. Without moving my champion, I can now see further down my lane and into the top bushes.

Picture number 3, Unlocked View:
With little effort, I can now see more down the lane.

Picture number 4, Unlocked View:
And now I can view the river and its bush.

Think about it like driving with mirrors. You don't always stare out your rear-view mirror, do you? No, you check your mirrors at the side of your car too
Thank you, i think you understood exactly what i wanted to see. while this Doesnt make me really want to unlock my screen, i can see why most of the people in this game unlock their screens. The thing is, i lock my screen and see all of that perfectly. Which leads me to my point- theres no point in me unlocking it.

Sandie

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirche View Post
Why are you bothering to post this if all of those great points didn't change your mind, are you trundling or something.
This

DeathDragonz

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4mad View Post
Thank you, i think you understood exactly what i wanted to see. while this Doesnt make me really want to unlock my screen, i can see why most of the people in this game unlock their screens. The thing is, i lock my screen and see all of that perfectly. Which leads me to my point- theres no point in me unlocking it.
If you're fine with locked screen, you're fine. Everyone has preferences.

I, personally, switch between locked/unlocked a lot, yes I know I can hit spacebar, but I choose not to.

Etyn

02-07-2011

The visible area of the map is far larger than your screen is showing you. If you lock to your champion you are not seeing 100% of the map. Minimap or otherwise.

Cyber Police

Recruiter

02-07-2011

Dude. The mini map should not be your only source of map awareness. There is so much information that you can only get by actually looking around.

How is top lane doing? You can tell by their heath bars on your screen that they are at half health, but how low are the enemies? Are they getting out maneuvered? Will they need help?

How is the team fight going? Should you take a bit longer and approach from bottom? Or should you go straight in to assist? Which will be better, tactically, for your team?

How can you tell which spells and skills have been used if you aren't there without an unlocked screen? Ask you team mates? if you asked me, I would ask you to stop wasting my time.

People talk about global ults(which is huge), but basic map awareness is key as well. I played roughly 300+ games with my screen locked before realizing what a huge handicap it is.