Im goign to try this again...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Apperently, people dont like questions or opinions.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=499901
basicly, alot of people are telling me to lock my screen, when i do perfectly fine, and infact have MORE map awerness and see things around me ( like shacos orange puff thing) better. Im constantly telling them to back, or that shaco is 100% in that brush. Also, if say mid is bieng chased down river and im bot, i notice and tell my team mate to hurry up and help them. They never notice, and i'm always the one to tell them. These are Locked screen people. So, once again, can somebody PLEASE tell me why i HAVE to unlock my screen, when im doing better than fine with it locked?

Atreties

02-07-2011

So you can actually look at parts of the map you need to see without going there.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreties View Post
So you can actually look at parts of the map you need to see without going there.
im going to repost my original post here:
I'm "dumb" for playing with my screen locked. Now before you scream " NUB /downvote",
i played 500+ games, all with my screen locked, and honetly i dont see the point of having it unlocked, other than confusing me. Now i know your going to say" lol map awerness" but theres this little thing in the corner of your screen, its called a "minimap", and looking at it increases map awerness. also, when i need to move long distances or check something on the other side of the map, i just hold click the minimap. i also hold click+right click to move. It works fine for me, and i do better than most of the people i play with who do unlock their screens anyway.( yes i DO KNOW WHAT SPACE BAR DOES. it doesnt help a bit, my keyboard is "wierd" and space bar makes it very akward to QWER) so try and give me a valid reason to unlock my screen.
ok why downvotes? im asking a question. How does that lead to downvotes?

if you dont want to read, minimap.

Kirche

02-07-2011

Why are you bothering to post this if all of those great points didn't change your mind, are you trundling or something.

a4mad

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirche View Post
Why are you bothering to post this if all of those great points didn't change your mind, are you trundling or something.
im trying to get a point that affects me, and im trying to prove a point.
Also, all those points( like global ults, map awerness ect.) I still use just as well as locked screen people.

Swampf0x

02-07-2011

You're pretty ignorant for posting on a forum and neglecting feedback.

What was your original intent? If you believe you play fine then that is all that matters, is it not?

Warscythes

02-07-2011

Because you can just hold spacebar with your thumb if you really want to play with locked screen.

Besides, you are going to miss MORE if you lock your screen, not less.

Sephirion

02-07-2011

How about when you're Shen and need to ult to save someone, the teammate icons health bar doesn't give HP numbers. And what if you're ulting someone that has won the fight already?

0megaD

02-07-2011

A minimap only shows you champion icons, it doesn't show health or how the flow of combat is going on. (Except for the ''chasing / running away'' part)

Also targeting global ulti works better that way (Whenever you use a champion that has one)

Personally I find a locked camera annoying as hell due to everything on screen ''shifting'' relative to my position. So if you're running you can't even target a stationary thing properly without shifting your mouse.

Space Marine Guy

02-07-2011

Well, think about it this way.

You are playing ashe. you are farming top while shen, sion, and Yi get ganked by their entire team at bot (Sivir is dead).

You could have easily went there by scrolling and shot an arrow. Saving your friends and killing the enemies.

I was that ashe. The enemies, all 5, walked away with less then 5% of their HP.

If I was unlocked that time, I could have saved my team with my ult.

That is why I now play unlocked with all my champs.