According to most of my friends-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerberusZ

02-07-2011

Knowing what's actually happening maybe? Unless you play it unlocked, you can't ever really play Shen, Gangplank, Ashe, or Ezreal. Just because someone's low, doesn't mean they necessarily need your help. If you say, auto-path your character to where they are, and watch what they're doing, you can see if they actually need you rather then wasting your time.

Also, if your team just lost a team fight, your instant idea will be "Hey, I may aswell head back" if you happened to miss it. For all you know their 4 remaining champs have half a bar and are recalling while looking at shop and not looking at their character at all. Because you're locked, you'll never know.

Mogri

02-07-2011

You can't aim your skillshots effectively with a locked screen. This is especially true for Ezreal, Ashe, and Lux.

havocfett

02-07-2011

If you learned to play with an unlocked screen, you'd never go back. Your minimap shows you where people are, but it doesn't tell you their exact situations, if they're slowed, the opponents healths; will rushing in and ulting get you a triple kill? Or will it kill you? where is everybody headed? ect.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerberusZ View Post
Knowing what's actually happening maybe? Unless you play it unlocked, you can't ever really play Shen, Ashe, or Ezreal. Just because someone's low, doesn't mean they necessarily need your help. If you say, auto-path your character to where they are, and watch what they're doing, you can see if they actually need you rather then wasting your time.

Also, if your team just lost a team fight, your instant idea will be "Hey, I may aswell head back" if you happened to miss it. For all you know their 4 remaining champs have half a bar and are recalling while looking at shop and not looking at their character at all. Because you're locked, you'll never know.
did you read ANYTHING i posted? or just the first 2 words. I use my mini map to look around, i do play shen pretty well using the mini map, and , once again, if you HOLD click on your mini map it shows you that place, you can even move there.

cheesepiewmayo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Do you have any relationship to Bumbah?

skunkfart

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4mad View Post
How is it a disadvantage? please do explain.
As another poster mentioned, there are many champions that cannot be played with the screen locked. Period.

Pantheon, Gangplank, Shen, Ashe, Ezreal, Lux, Karthus, Soraka, Twisted Fate.

Additionally, it limits your sight range. If I have my camera unlocked my champion can be anywhere and I can see the details of a certain part of the visible map whenever I want.

It's just occurring to me now that this is probably why I see people get picked off in a bad position constantly. They have their screen locked. There's no way to explain it. I can shift my camera down to quickly see if moving off my tower is a good idea or a bad idea. You have to either walk forward and find out the hard way, click and hold your minimap which takes longer and doesn't allow you to be ready to move immediately should you need to, or just not check/move at all.

Edit: Also, consider this. Many, many times when I'm playing, my camera is not centered on my champion. My champion is towards the back edge of the camera. Generally in this game, there is a front of battle. Very obviously during the laning phase. There are two sides, two opposing armies, and two very clear directions. If nothing else, centering your camera champion is basically wasting 50% of your screen space because a lot of the time everything "behind" your champion is completely irrelevant.

a4mad

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocfett View Post
If you learned to play with an unlocked screen, you'd never go back. Your minimap shows you where people are, but it doesn't tell you their exact situations, if they're slowed, the opponents healths; will rushing in and ulting get you a triple kill? Or will it kill you? where is everybody headed? ect.
It does if you use it properly, its hard to explain, but normally when im playing with people over steam chat,i notice things sooner than they do, even with my locked screen.

Alex is White

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocfett View Post
this post

Also, people with long ranged skills (Ashe, Urgot (his E > Q), Ezreal, etc) you miss out on some ranged with a locked camera.

a4mad

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkfart View Post
As another poster mentioned, there are many champions that cannot be played with the screen locked. Period.

Pantheon, Gangplank, Shen, Ashe, Ezreal, Lux, Karthus, Soraka, Twisted Fate.

Additionally, it limits your sight range. If I have my camera unlocked my champion can be anywhere and I can see the details of a certain part of the visible map whenever I want.

It's just occurring to me now that this is probably why I see people get picked off in a bad position constantly. They have their screen locked. There's no way to explain it. I can shift my camera down to quickly see if moving off my tower is a good idea or a bad idea. You have to either walk forward and find out the hard way, click and hold your minimap which takes longer and doesn't allow you to be ready to move immediately should you need to, or just not check/move at all.
1. click mini map
2.click "y"
3.use tf/shen/ashe ect ult if needed.
4.if its a port, wait until done, then click "y" again
works pretty **** fast to, faster than ive seen unlocked people.
Im RARELY in bad position, and mini map takes .2 secs, along with being able to quickly re lock on my champ and run.

a4mad

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsilence View Post
this post

Also, people with long ranged skills (Ashe, Urgot (his E > Q), Ezreal, etc) you miss out on some ranged with a locked camera.
generaly, i dont miss out on anything. once again, you CAN click when you hold you minimap in one place.