Jungling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Hey there, I'm new to the game (level 5) and I was just wondering if there's any real reason to go jungling. I mean, I've killed some of the wolves/wraiths, a couple golems (not the ancient golem) and the dragon in twisted treeline, and most of the time it hurts the team cuz I'm not out there helping them deal with other players. I haven't watched the xp gain, but I find I do much better if I don't kill the neutral monsters at all.

It would make sense to like, jungle for a bit then try to gank someone from behind, then go jungling. Right? It's basically just a faster/easier way to gain xp/gold, isn't it? Also, what makes a good jungling character? There's an active thread up right now that talks about a good jungling character, but I don't have any of the ones that you have to earn, except Ashe.

So basically what I'm asking is, what type of character is good for jungling, and is it even really worth it?

Thanks,
Validan

Doomz0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Good examples of jungle characters are udyr, warwick, olaf, and yi(somewhat.). You pick up smite as a summoner skill and get the mastery for it too.

It's good because there are 2 solo lanes which means two lanes where their champions can level up a bit faster and take an advantage damage and skill wise. Also being in the jungle you get your own solid EXP along with blue buff/red buff which helps you clear out the jungle faster, extremely helps in ganking an enemy, and pushing the lane.

As you can see, these all benefit the team, the other team not knowing where you are, and you can constantly turn tides by appearing out of nowhere and helping your teammate kill enemies and push a lane.

Also, by getting dragon you are helping your team with EXP and gold which gives you an even bigger advantage.

phew, any more questions?

Stillhart

02-07-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=269318

SomniumProxy wrote a great guide on jungling for the Noob Forum. I highly suggest checking it out.

Validan

02-07-2011

Thanks guys. I'll actually try jungling next time then. Sounds like a good plan.