Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Jax still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paperplate

01-21-2010

Is AP jax still viable?Does it do more damage or anything better than physical attack power jax?

XrBob

01-21-2010

I've never seen anyone play ap jax, though I very rarely see jax played at all.

Worst NA

01-21-2010

PLAY AP CDR DODGE!!! super leaps
get exhaust

Rigario

01-21-2010

ap jax is probably more viable than dps jax the higher you go. albeit im not very high up the elo ladder but im decently placed i think.

boots
nashor's
rylais
sheen/lichbane

are usually at the core of my ap jax build. slows proc off leaps and i think ults not really sure. my role isnt really to 1v1 anyone. no one usually does that in team fights anyway. i usually empower + leap then stun if its up. then clean up whatever is left. i usually just keep leaping with empower tho, and if i get a stun off strike em 3 times then back off lol.

with this build you can SORT of keep your main problems in check, which are casters by ganking them early. usually tho i go sheen rylai's then warmogs. you'll kinda need the rage blade if you intend on attacking tho haha.

paperplate

01-22-2010

well thanks for the reply and i will try this out

01-23-2010

Pure Dodge Jax is fun.

Karnikula

01-23-2010

in a AP jax build you don't want to miss a RoA

wildfire393

01-23-2010

AP gives 1:1 on Leap Strike and Ult, and .8:1 on Stun.

Jax's standard sequence is:

Empower
Leap
Counterstrike
Whack them 3 times and get Ult
Run like hell

For 1v1 damage, each point of Attack damage adds 3 damage to this sequence. Each point of AP adds 2.8 damage to this sequence.

The big difference is that AP gives AoE damage on Counterstrike, and that AP is about half as expensive as attack damage.

If you do go AP, the best items are the "Hybrid" items (Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Sheen/Lichbane/Trinity Force). Rylai's is also decent to proc slows on Leap/Counterstrike hits, but Frozen Mallet gives a stronger and longer slow and can be triggered just as easily.

Ed the Fed

01-23-2010

Quote:
ZGBudai:
Pure Dodge Jax is fun.

Spells can't be dodged.

Opera

01-23-2010

Quote:
Zagadar:
Spells can't be dodged.

Some can. Like Parrrlay, or Tristana's ulti, or many other spells that are "attack like".