Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item builds for Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

01-22-2010

Quote:
lnfinite:

Assuming I'd go with greaves and end with zeal:
Malady - 50%
Greaves - 25%
Last Whisper - 40%
Zeal - 20%
Runes - ~25%
Masteries - 4%

164% enhanced aspd on approx. 0.657 base aspd means 1.774 aspd.

On top of that you have a crit chance:
Base % : 2.78 (lv.1) - 10.34 (lv.18)
Runes : ~5% (not really runed on it yet)
Infinity Edge : 20%
Zeal : 10%

37.78% - 45.34% Critical chance on around 170-210 dmg with 1.774 aspd

(I did this out of the top of my head, so dont judge me )

That is enough to do an average DPS of 337 damage, not counting in the 475+ crits nor counting in stealth and Spray 'n Pray. With this setup you can annihalate entire teams, tanks or not, in seconds.

What runes do you use? Like specifically.

I wanna give this specific build a shot; and then we can fine tune the ideal build from there. :]

devotionx

01-22-2010

start: vamp

boots
avarice blade
dagger
avarice blade
boots->berzerk
recurve bow
vamp->executioner | Midgame, 50% crit, 65% ias (i got red crit runes)
recurve bow->last wisper
BF Sword
(gank a bit)
IE
....you won the match!
....not?
sell avarice blade, get phantom dancer, rarely the case, but then you get 95% crit, amazing attackspeed i dont even wanna think off and hell yeah you rip'em all.
...feels like your playing against 5 Heimers?
sell avarice blade, get Black Cleaver, what i case will never ever happen.

Berzerk fixes the nerf to s&p lvl1, when u get recuve bow all the missing attackspeed i resolved..well u get the IE a the last item, but if your doing well, you have all the other before end of midgame and a BF already.

Tested this build alot, and if you don't gimp early game by dying more than TF porting himself to enemy shop, you'l do amazingly well.

CTHDRL

01-22-2010

Quote:
devotionx:
start: vamp

boots
avarice blade
dagger
avarice blade
boots->berzerk
recurve bow
vamp->executioner | Midgame, 50% crit, 65% ias (i got red crit runes)
recurve bow->last wisper
BF Sword
(gank a bit)
IE
....you won the match!
....not?
sell avarice blade, get phantom dancer, rarely the case, but then you get 95% crit, amazing attackspeed i dont even wanna think off and hell yeah you rip'em all.
...feels like your playing against 5 Heimers?
sell avarice blade, get Black Cleaver, what i case will never ever happen.

Berzerk fixes the nerf to s&p lvl1, when u get recuve bow all the missing attackspeed i resolved..well u get the IE a the last item, but if your doing well, you have all the other before end of midgame and a BF already.

Tested this build alot, and if you don't gimp early game by dying more than TF porting himself to enemy shop, you'l do amazingly well.

The problem with pure crit builds is you can't tear down towers like damage builds.
(Save your QQ's DoTa players, backdooring is awesome)

Taking down a building before it can hit you 4 times is just awesome.

Degini

01-22-2010

One of the most important things a competent twitch should be doing is downing towers with his ult. For this reason, Last Whisperer should have a much higher emphasis in a build.

Because LW has AS, it should take the place of Malady in a build (but don't get it as your first item). Now, malady is a nice early game boost, and it has the lifesteal vamp scepter you should get anyway. So, if you are going to get it, and you are getting a LW too (which you should), then definately do NOT get berserkers. Get mobily boots or swiftness, with mob preferred.

BTW, any time you want to buy an avarice blade, buy an agility cloak instead. More crit, basically the same price, and you aren't setting yourself behind. Avarice blades take time to make themselves worth it, so why bother putting yourself behind if you can get a better item right away. Most people buy two avarices. Buy 2 cloaks instead. One obviously turns into an I.E., the other can be a PD if you want, or just have it for the crit.

My builds

(Note: Complete berserker boots early, but if going movement boots, wait til you are ganking full time.)

Assuming berserker boots and no malady, with armor pen reds and no crit damage runes:

Stage 1
-Dorans + pots

Stage 2
-agil cloak + boots 1
-recursive + besersker boots upgrade
- vamp scepter (for fast hp recovery after a fight, not during)

Stage 3
- if getting lots of kills, bf sword
- if not getting lots of kills, finish LW

Stage 4a (having no trouble living)
-Complete LW and I.E.

Stage 4b (having trouble living)
- Defensive item based on enemy team. You can decide, based on what auras your team has etc.

Stage 5
- Cleaver

What my build would be assuming crit damage runes:

Stage 1
-Dorans + pots

Stage 2
-agil cloak + boots 1
-agil cloak + besersker boots upgrade
- vamp scepter (for fast hp recovery after a fight, not during)

Stage 3
- recursive bow
- finish I.E

Stage 4
- finish LW
- sell beserkers for another boot (at this point, your spells should cap your AS and LW will provide all the out of ulti AS you need).

Stage 5
- agility elixirs and defensive items

The second agility cloak is for early game crit until you can finish I.E. Sell it if you need to. If you plan to keep it to finish PD, sell beserkers if you haven't already.

I should mention that I am theorycrafting this since I haven't twitched since the nerf. It's not gospel, but it does emphasize some important points:

1) Ambush+ulti should be you main source of AS. 1 AS item is really all you need now.
2) Avarice blades are like Plentiful bounty. Seems like a good idea, but actually isn't.
3) Twitch is one of the best tower killers in game, and tower pushing wins games.
4) Recursive bow provides as much AS as most of the items it builds in to, and can be left un-upgraded. Further, it builds into a LW or even a mandred's, which are two decent twitch items.

That's all for now

lnfinite

01-22-2010

9x Greater Mark of Alacrity (15.3% ASPD)
8x Greater Glyph of Alacrity (5.12% ASPD)
1x Great Quintessence of Alacrity (3.4% ASPD)
______________________________ 23.82% ASPD (LoL rounds it up to 24)

8x Greater Seal of Malice (3.36% crit chance)
1x Greater Quitessence of Malice (1.86% crit chance)
______________________________ 5.22% crit chance

Those are the runes i use at the moment for twitch. I started getting into runing very late (lv20+) so im sure there's alot of room for improvement

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Well, the way I see it there are 4 ways to build twitch.

Attack speed (this is the best tower killing build as well)
Critical damage (this synergizes best with PD/IE which are typical in any build)
Debuff (Malady/Cleaver, and emphasis after that on atk speed)
Lifesteal (for 1v1 only really)

Early game, the BEST route is a Malady. For 1900 gold, 50% attack speed is pretty impressive (in comparison, PD gives 45% at 3300 gold). And the item's other stats reflect it costing almost double a recurve bow. Nothing else gives Twitch as much killing power by the 2000 gold mark.

For boots, I have to agree against Berserkers. You spend far too much time on the move as Twitch. However, if you are set on them, my advice is to take Teleport to provide extra mobility to back up the dmg increase. I personally prefer Mercury Treads (for survival), or Mobility (as I said, a lot of time between ganks).

Late game Twitch can fill two roles. The first is lane control and tower rape. Attack speed wins this path hands down. With Last Whisper negating the armor, and a maxed out speed, the tower will fall fast. The other role is ripping clumped up enemies apart. Since Spray and Pray ignores terrain for shooting, you can even hide behind walls for a little extra longevity. You want to ambush them in the jungle (lines of fire) or have allies with slows/aoe stuns. Either way, this is where Crit Twitch shines. As you can easily hit 70% or higher crit (2% mastery, 20% IE, 30% PD, 8%+ runes, 10%ish base), with even a half-charged Occult and IE you're dishing out 280% base damage crits, and hopefully hitting 2-3 players each shot and unloading 2-2.5 shots per second.

The build that fails is the all-lifesteal (or heavily focused). I pretty much never take more than a single life-steal item on Twitch, as it's main advantage is healing outside of team fights. You're so fragile burst will tend to kill you before you can heal anyways. And if not, well you're the god ****ed Twitch and they WILL die instead if you have +dmg gear.

So:
Attack speed for utility (and always useful)
+crit focus for a harder early game and stronger late game
Lifesteal for good early game and pathetic lategame
Debuffs + weaker attack speed for "support" twitch (good when you have other strong carry(s))

JohnCataldo

01-22-2010

My items almost always vary depending on the enemy, and I'm surprised so few people mentioned that.

Vampiric Sceptre is my normal start item. Sometimes I go straight for boots and health pots.

Vampiric quickly turns into Executioner's Calling if that's required, often before I get boots. This is strictly based on the other team, and if your team needs EC then you need it. If I'm laning vs. Taric, Soraka, or Alistar, then as soon as I have 900 gold I'm likely to shop for EC and help wreck them during the laning phase of the game. Obviously there are many others EC works well against; those three are just strong examples. I might delay here if there are many enemy champs with strictly self healing, making EC useful but not vital. Remember that EC works against lifesteal, like Nassus's passive or anyone else with a Vampiric Sceptre, etc. (I think the only thing it might not affect is Fiddle's Drain?) Also, EC gives decent Lifesteal + Critical Chance, which Twitch wants anyway.

Vampiric sometimes turns into Malady, but often I just leave it alone for a long time. I'd rather hurry up and get basic boots and a:

BF Sword is necessary. A straight up B.F. sword does more for Twitch's early/mid game than anything else.

I'm perfectly happy if my first three items are Vampiric Scepter, basic Boots, and a BF sword. The order isn't even that important, often it depends on cashflow and when I need to recall. I may upgrade my boots (or even boot parts) in there with spare cash (since getting to BF may take a while).

Boots: These days I nearly always go for Berserker's Greaves. Many other boots are useful but the attack speed is awesome once you have a BF Sword. I may go Mercury Treads vs. a strongly magic team with a Teemo, since mushrooms are your bane.

BF becomes either IE or Black Cleaver. Most games I honestly think it doesn't matter that much, and partially depends on the flow of the game and enemies. Cleaver is cheaper and correspondingly weaker.

After upgrading boots and BF sword, I look for attack speed. There are a zillion attack speed options and this should almost always be tailored to the enemy team. This will also sometimes inform me as to whether or not IE is better than Black Cleaver. The important decision is: Do I get a Phantom Dancer? Many people here seem to say NEVER, but if the enemy carry (or carries!) are Yi, Trist, etc., then the dodge is extremely valuable. Against such physical DPS teams, I'm likely to go IE+PD, for the dodge and massive crits. This is a slow, expensive build that expects to reach late game, though tacking a single Cloak or Zeal onto IE is hugely beneficial, long before you finish PD.

Against teams where I value the dodge less (which isn't uncommon) I'm more likely to get Black Cleaver and some kind of Recurve Bow item. Last Whisper isn't uncommon (and is just fine with Black Cleaver). Wit's End against a lot of magic works sometimes, though I never get it if the enemy has Mundo, Katarina, or Tryndamere. Health-Tank heavy teams may force me towards Madred's Bloodrazor, which is far better than Last Whisper against any tank that doesn't stack a lot of armor. Against Rammus or Malphite Last Whisper is almost always right.

So my "basic" build is something like:
Vampiric Sceptre (often turned into Executioner's)
Berserker's Greaves
IE or Black Cleaver
Attack Speed (PD, Last Whisper, Bloodrazor, maybe Wit's End)

After THAT it's even more up to the enemy team. If I don't need anything special and I have IE, I'll sometimes just get raw Cloaks to get closer to 100% critical chance, and sell them if the game is going a lot longer (but often the game is decided by the time I can get all this... either we're winning or I'm sucking so I don't reach this point before losing). Banshee's Veil isn't uncommon if I find myself stunned a lot, or just plain DPS'd to death by Annie, Ryze, Fiddle etc. If I'm never dying (which usually means we're winning anyway) I'll probably go ahead and get a Bloodthirster from the Sceptre if it's still sitting there bare. Or Frozen Mallet, starting with the Giant's Belt if I just need health. Etc.

Quote:
Viro Melchior:
Well, the way I see it there are 4 ways to build twitch.

Attack speed (this is the best tower killing build as well)
Critical damage (this synergizes best with PD/IE which are typical in any build)
Debuff (Malady/Cleaver, and emphasis after that on atk speed)
Lifesteal (for 1v1 only really)

This is kind of ... shortsighted? Also, you forgot simple Damage (like whoever mentioned just stacking BF swords). All of these things are good together and are multiplicative, so more of any one makes the rest better. Focusing on one and ignoring the others is the WORST thing you could do. Getting all BF swords produces far less DPS than some BF swords, some Cloak of Agility, and some Recurve Bows. (Obviously, upgrading any of those items is nice too.) Lifesteal isn't exactly part of that function, but the more DPS you have, the better lifesteal is. The more lifesteal you have, the better increasing DPS becomes.

lnfinite

01-22-2010

It definately is a fact that if twitch is able to hold a BF sword asap it makes him extremely dangerous. However, if i compare it to a Malady which is 1900 total; it is in my opinion a more useful item to have. Being able to grab a tiny bit of hitpoints with the lifesteal, putting your ASPD on around 1.3 (not-runed) and an extra type of poison you have a more safe and capable way of grabbing early ganks, funding that BF sword.

I must admit I haven't taken much opportunities to use Executioner's Calling, even when facing a Soraka or an Alistar. A big miss on my part and I will remember to make good use of it when im facing such champs!

And to comment on the zerk boots. I've been trying it over and over and I still prefer mobility , being able to spread fear by quickly changing lanes, quickly setting ganks and quickly getting away; not to mention the mobility comes in useful if my team requires some backdooring from me.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Quote:
lnfinite:
It definately is a fact that if twitch is able to hold a BF sword asap it makes him extremely dangerous. However, if i compare it to a Malady which is 1900 total; it is in my opinion a more useful item to have. Being able to grab a tiny bit of hitpoints with the lifesteal, putting your ASPD on around 1.3 (not-runed) and an extra type of poison you have a more safe and capable way of grabbing early ganks, funding that BF sword.

I must admit I haven't taken much opportunities to use Executioner's Calling, even when facing a Soraka or an Alistar. A big miss on my part and I will remember to make good use of it when im facing such champs!

And to comment on the zerk boots. I've been trying it over and over and I still prefer mobility , being able to spread fear by quickly changing lanes, quickly setting ganks and quickly getting away; not to mention the mobility comes in useful if my team requires some backdooring from me.

The main point I see in Malady is this:
If you START with a vamp scepter (for the life regen), then Malady costs 1440 gold for 50% attack speed, 3% lifesteal, and the Malady debuff which stacks your damage. A recurve bow is 1050 gold for 40% attack speed, making Malady an amazing deal (3% lifesteal is worth about 120 gold, meaning you are paying a mere 270 gold for the bonus 10% attack speed and debuff).
If you *don't* start with a vamp scepter, Malady's total 1915 gold cost is less of a shining star.

@John: No, I didn't forget straight damage. Because no decent Twitch ever stacks only +damage, and every decent twitch includes raw +damage in their build. The 4 I listed are themes. For clarity...

Attack Speed build: Malady, Last Whisper, Berserker Boots, 1-2 +dmg items, 1 survival/crit item
Lifesteal build: Malady, Stark's Fervor, Bloodthirster, Boots of choice, 2 more items
Crit damage build: IE, 2x PD, Occult, Boots of choice, 1 +dmg item
Debuff build: Malady, Berserker Boots, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer/Bloodrazor, 1-2 survival items

Also, a note on movement speed via boots of mobility. I run 3x Greater Quintessences of Swiftness, and use that crit build listed with mobility. You get close to 600 movement speed when everything is completed (and a filled occult), and break 500 for a large portion of the game outside combat.
Once you have over 500, make your presence felt. Go to top lane, mow down the current enemy fighting creeps plus the next wave of 6-7. Stealth. Run to the middle lane, mow down whatever you can while stealth comes off cd. Immediately stealth again. Run to the bottom lane and wipe all the minions. The enemy now sees a highly mobile Twitch and is going to stick together like their lives depend on it (and they do). Did they buy a ward? Let your team know, plan a gank when they push, and go run off to another lane to do some pushing while your creeps/teammates keep their clusterf*** scouted. Teemo wins the game for you here, as they'll never be able to get their entire team on top of you, and you switch lanes faster than they can match without leaving themselves open to a advantages teamfight/gank.

That alone is why I run Mobility. You are a stealther. The map is your playground to completely f*** with your opponent's heads. If they buy elixirs, you push other lanes. If they don't, they get a rat shooting bolts of doom up their backsides. If they buy one ward, you ignore it. If they buy 5 wards, you pick up your own elixir and eat their wards. If they buy none, see backside doom bolts. If they clump up, you push, ever ready to dash to your team with your turbo-mode active. If they don't clump up, you wait for a teammate to be "somewhat nearby" to cut off a 2nd retreat option, and put a few dozen holes through them. Being 5% more deadly isn't worth giving up that massive map control.

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Tell me what you think of this build:

SLOT 1: starting gear
Doran's Blade 435 (+120 Health +6 Damage +4% Lifesteal)
Health Potion 35 (Click to Consume: Restores 200 Health over 20 seconds.)

More staying power than Vampiric Scepter and better gank protection. Extra damage to help last hit minions.

SLOT 2
Boots of Swiftness 1000 (UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 3)

Gank protection, manuevering, allows an early gank in another lane. speeds your return from base. Chosen over Berzerkers Grieves because we max attack speed with other quality items.

SLOT 3
Wit's End 2150 (+40% Attack Speed +30 Magic Resistance UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional damage equal to the amount of mana removed.)

Increases Twitch's already good attack speed to increase poison stacking as well as provides another on-hit ability. I'm not sure what it means by "up to 42 mana" but if it adds 42 damage per hit as well as removing opponents mana this is a fantastic item. It can hobble opponent's ability to use magic.

SLOT 4
Phantom Dancer 3395 (+45% Attack Speed +30% Critical Strike +20% Dodge Chance +12% Movement Speed)

A fantastic item to finish maxing out your attack speed, giving full benefit of your stackable on-hit effects. Directly increases damage especially with crit damage runes, adds other desirable abilities. Seemingly expensive, this weapon is easily put together piece-by-piece with quality items.

SLOT 5
The Black Cleaver 2265 (+75 Attack Damage Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Armor by 12 for 5 seconds, (maximum 5 stacks).)

Best overall smash your enemy weapon for the price as it adds straight damage as well as another stackable on-hit ability which adds damage. A superior tank buster for Twitch than Last Whisper.

SLOT 6
Banshee's Veil 2715 (+450 Health +400 Mana +57 Magic Resist UNIQUE Passive: Blocks one negative spell every 30 seconds.)

Pretty much the go-to end game item as it provides great all-around protection and will deal with a huge variety of threats.

Total Cost: 11995