Item builds for Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcapowned

01-21-2010

Could i just hear some input on what some Twitch users get for their items and their masteries?

An explaination is nice for more unconventional things.

Mine (before the nerf to Twitch's ultimate) was

Dorians Blade + Health potion
Berserker Greaves
Longsword
Last whisper
Vampiric Sceptre
B.F Sword
Bloodthirster
Cloak of Agility
Pickaxe
B.F Sword
Infinity Edge

most games should be done around here... if not i generally make up something depending on the situation (if they have strong single target nukes.. i'll build banshees ,etc)

summoner abilities are rally and another skill(depending on whats lacking,but its generally exhaust)

My spec is 21-0-9
3/3 Deadliness , 1 exhaust(or Archmages if im not doing exhaust)
2 alacrity , 4 sorcery
1 archaic knowledge , 3 sunder , 2 offensive mastery
3 brute force
1 rally
Havoc

3/3 Perserverance , 1 good hands
4/4 awareness
1/1 greed

constructive responses are good >.> else gtfo plox

Al da Bok

01-21-2010

I don't think Bloodthirster is a good value for Twitch. Let me explain :
Twitch is squishy. If focused, he dies, lifesteal or not. That is unless you get the lifesteal early in the game, when you still can 1v1 or 2v2. After that, it's almost pointless. A stun is enough to deny all your lifesteal : you should hit hard, not long.

You die extremely easily. Bloodthirster looses its bonus upon death, making it hardly any better than a BF sword and a vampiric scepter, but for a higher price.

Still lifesteal is important, so here is my advice : get a malady. Not for the passive, but for the atk speed + lifesteal. It will save you in many situations early game, and you need that atk speed.

Since I tried pre-nerf crit build, I'm convinced that crit is the way to go with Twitch. Instead of building a bloodthirster, try getting an infinity edge + a cloak. You will get that 40% crit you like, and effectively double your dps, when a bloodthirster will only add a limited flat amount of dps. Crit is multiplicative, which makes every new item factor much better than flat atk dmg.

Here's what I suggest :

Vamp Scepter (yes, yes..don't go mid, it's too obvious when you're not there..)
Malady
Boots of Swiftness or Berserk, up to you (I prefer swiftness)
BF Sword
Cloak of Agility
Pickaxe
IE
Cloak of Agility
Zeal
BF Sword
Dagger
Phantom Dancer

Around 70 crit chance, very high base damage, enough lifesteal to do your thing early game, that dodge and extra movement you need in 5v5 and to chase/flee.

I played a twitch who had 2 maladies, a last whisper, and a bloodthirster. I shot him down while 3 lvls below and without the Phantom Dancer. Crit 600 crit 600 crit 600, bye bye.

Naje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Malady is useless with Twitch. With a regular build he goes up to 2.2 with ONLY the attack speed bonuses from Phantom Dancer + Greaves

Zizzefex

01-21-2010

I used to do avarice blades... but not anymore. With a quick BF sword you don't need them at all.

My build now:

Dorans Blade + health pot.
Berserker Greaves
BF Sword, Agility Cloak -> Infinity Edge (once you get first BF sword farming is easy).
Vampiric Sceptre
2nd BF Sword (DO NOT MAKE BLOODTHIRSTER FROM IT) -> Black Cleaver.

Games over. You can pretty much 1v5 the entire other team with Infinity/Cleaver. If it's still going I'll get a 3rd BF Sword and finally finish Bloodthirster, then Phantom Dancer, then another Bloodthirster... but it depends what is killing me... cuz trust me they'll all be running straight at you when you come out of stealth.

Contrary to popular belief you definitely don't need attack speed on Twitch.

CTHDRL

01-21-2010

pre-nerf malady was simply overkill in the A/S department.

But now malady early game gives your 1st and 2nd levels of S&P a lot more UMPH. Which is VERY useful against a good team that rolls 5-mans early.

Normally I go something to the effect of

Vamp Scepter
Boots > Zerkers
Malady
Recurve
Madreds/pickaxe depending on if they are being defensive or aggressive.
Bloodrazor
BF Sword
Cleaver

And anything you want after that for ****s and giggles.

Crit build is an OK build. But it's a late-game build. There shouldn't be a late-game if you play well.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-22-2010

I tend to go,

Vampiric
Beserkers
Vampiric > Malady
Vampiric
BF Sword
Vampiric > Executioners Calling (Helps to make your poisons more effective)
Cloak of Agility
Pickaxe
BF, Cloak, Pickaxe > IE

NOTE: The game is often at it's end now so the below are luxury items when you have loadsa $$$ late game.

Then aim towards Phantom Dancers (Mainly for the Dodge and Crit, Twitch is Squishy so Armor/MR isn't ideal but Dodge = Miss completely.)
You now have loads of Attack Speed so i drop the Beserkers for Ninja Tabi for the extra Dodge.
The aim for a Black Cleaver

Viro Melchior

01-22-2010

I've tried a few different builds with varying success on each.

My most used (original) build, ran with Teleport for mobility.

Start with vamp scepter, save 1440 or 1790.
Malady (and boots if you can).
Boots 2 (usually Mercury) and Longsword/BF Sword.
Complete Black Cleaver
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge

Basic plan is getting Malady as soon as you can and going to start ganking. Ideally you take middle so you'll be level 6-7 by this point and have SnP as well. Enough times I'm slowed/stunned as twitch by someone not able to kill me before it runs out that the reduced duration is insanely helpful for ganking them or escaping. Much more so than the attack speed boots.
Besides that, the build focuses not on solo-ganks, but on debuffs. Pop a spray and pray (once you finish PD, you'll hit 2.5 atk speed with SnP even w/out ambush) and mow into their team. 6 shots in and all of them should have -60 armor, +36 damage taken, and 6 stacks of poison. Or at least all of them you hit 6 times. Immediately switch targets to someone who didn't get a liberal application of crossbow love and mash both your activateds to freeze their team in place and heap up an extra couple hundred damage assuming you're still alive.

A more 1v1 or ambush oriented build (my favorite recently, ran with exhaust/ignite):

Start with longsword and a health potion.
Sword of the Occult + Boots 1
Vamp Scepter and Boots of Mobility
Zeal
Infinity Edge
Zeal -> Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Scepter -> Bloodthirster

Start out laning til you reach 1100 gold (I'll often do top or bottom here and hope to set up a few ganks to speed it up), and head home for Sword of the Occult and Boots 1. Coordinate with your teammates and try and set up a gank in top or bottom, ideally getting you a kill + assist to power up the Occult since you just "wasted" 750 gold on it until you start getting bonuses.
Next goal is to get your speed up, as without teleport or ghost, you can wind up with a lot of time running around. Boots of Mobility fix that, and the vamp scepter allows you to farm without worrying about hp damage.
Finally, the weakness of this start is that you've neglected your attack speed (in favor of big whomping crits so far). Zeal helps fix that, as well as a small boost to speed (taking you to 500ish outside combat).
Finally, you want to get infinity edge - and typically will finish this around the 20-30 minute mark depending how farming/ganking is going (possibly sooner if you're powering the Occult up well).
After that, your goal is getting 100% crit. Ideally with your runes and mastery helping. And finally, for those hour long games, Bloodthirster gives a massive boost to your base damage, for even bigger Motherf***ing crits.

lnfinite

01-22-2010

I've been playing with Twitch quite a bit, trying out all sorts of builds. The one I like most focusses on getting ASPD first, once you got that any damage item (priority on BF sword) will make a ton of difference.

The first shop stop usually comes around lv6-8, depending on the lane you're in.

[START] Vamp Scepter
[1790] Malady + Boots of Speed (Around Lv.6-8)
[1700] Boots of Mobility + Recurve Bow (Around Lv9-10)
[915] Last Whisper (Around lv.10-11)
[1850] BF Sword (Around Lv.11-13)
[2230] Infinity Edge (Around Lv.13-14)

As soon as you make your first stop to get malady and boots, start roaming and setting up ganks, especially if you had the mid lane you have a large advantage over your enemies. Continuous ganking should bring in a nice bag of gold. With the boots of mobility you have excellent mobility, being able to move to a different lane so fast that the enemy has little time to retreat (out of experience, people calling mia's on twitch or any stealth character has quite a delay). As soon as you have your last whisper you'll be relentless to both squishy and tank characters. Key to giving out a fearsome reputation is picking them off 1v1 or 1v2.

They usually decide to team up around lv10-12. If you had a good game so far you might already have your BF sword and teamfights are not much of an effort either. With Lv11 you should have SnP(2) which is more then capable of wrecking havoc on the first teamfights. Key to getting kills and avoid immediate focus is good positioning. Don't go blatantly behind them, not only do "experienced" players expect that, you are also all by yourself with your teammates on the other side, it gives the enemy team a too easy possibility to focus you for 4-6 seconds and kill you. Positioning to the side usually is enough to get yourself a double-quadra kill if you do it right. Because of your side positioning (next to your teammates basically) you give the enemy team a harder time to focus on your quickly.

CTHDRL

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfinite View Post
I've been playing with Twitch quite a bit, trying out all sorts of builds. The one I like most focusses on getting ASPD first, once you got that any damage item (priority on BF sword) will make a ton of difference.

The first shop stop usually comes around lv6-8, depending on the lane you're in.

[START] Vamp Scepter
[1790] Malady + Boots of Speed (Around Lv.6-8)
[1700] Boots of Mobility + Recurve Bow (Around Lv9-10)
[915] Last Whisper (Around lv.10-11)
[1850] BF Sword (Around Lv.11-13)
[2230] Infinity Edge (Around Lv.13-14)

As soon as you make your first stop to get malady and boots, start roaming and setting up ganks, especially if you had the mid lane you have a large advantage over your enemies. Continuous ganking should bring in a nice bag of gold. With the boots of mobility you have excellent mobility, being able to move to a different lane so fast that the enemy has little time to retreat (out of experience, people calling mia's on twitch or any stealth character has quite a delay). As soon as you have your last whisper you'll be relentless to both squishy and tank characters. Key to giving out a fearsome reputation is picking them off 1v1 or 1v2.

They usually decide to team up around lv10-12. If you had a good game so far you might already have your BF sword and teamfights are not much of an effort either. With Lv11 you should have SnP(2) which is more then capable of wrecking havoc on the first teamfights. Key to getting kills and avoid immediate focus is good positioning. Don't go blatantly behind them, not only do "experienced" players expect that, you are also all by yourself with your teammates on the other side, it gives the enemy team a too easy possibility to focus you for 4-6 seconds and kill you. Positioning to the side usually is enough to get yourself a double-quadra kill if you do it right. Because of your side positioning (next to your teammates basically) you give the enemy team a harder time to focus on your quickly.

Boots of mobility aren't as useful for twitch anymore.

His big selling point is his ult; the attack speed of which was nerfed. So until you get your ult maxed you need all the easy a/s you can get.
Zerkers are far more valuable early game now, than they ever were.

You can sell them for different boots later of course.

Also if you have a tank heavy team Last Whisper comes in rather useful.

So your basic build should be like I suggested.

Vamp Scepter
Boots > Zerkers
Malady
Recurve
Madreds/pickaxe depending on if they are being defensive or aggressive.
Bloodrazor
BF Sword
Cleaver

You certainly don't need PD; unless it's end game and you have cash to burn. You get PLENTY of Attack Speed with this build already.

Malady - 50%
Zerkers - 25%
Bloodrazor 40%
Black Cleaver

These are the core items.
Add a last whisper for tank heavy games.
Switch to merc treads mid game if it's caster heavy.
Throw in exec calling for soraka/mundo/heal abilities
Get an extra Black Cleaver for ridiculous damage.
Tiamat if your team is getting rolled; so you can defend base by yourself while your team pushes.

etc

This is the best build I've found so far; And I've tried all of them, with varying rune pages to match. Assuming you know how to play Twitch well and have decent friends to premade with you will do rather well with this build.

I just saw someone try this build who had no idea how to use Twtich and he totally bombed. This is not a "LOL I build these items and then I automatically win!" build. This build takes advantage of your ability to use Twtich, adapt to your enemies and deal huge damage in team fights and to solo targets alike.

It covers early mid and late game; so you are never at a disadvantage; works if you are duo or solo. Etc

P.S.

Red - Armor Pen
Yellow - Mana regen flat (for early game /18 is useless because you won't have mana problems late game.
Blue - Magic Resist
Quints - Mana regen/HP/Armor Pen.

lnfinite

01-22-2010

Boots of Mobility still move you incredibly fast though. I dislike Movement 2 boots in general, most champs have move2 boots and with an ally like sivir increasing their move speed it's hard to chase any of em down. I tried it often enough and i know 25% aspd is a really nice extra, but in general i like having either swiftness or mobility.

However, buying them early game and selling them mid-late game is a possibility. I'll give that a try.

Also, I'd like to think last whisper is a "cheap" way of gaining 2 advantages. for 1 you get an amazing 40% aspd and 40% armor pen. Any average champ has anywhere between 50 and 80 armor mid-game. Not only does it benefit on squishy characters but it greatly decreases the difference between a armor heavy champ and any other.

Like i said, after getting your BF sword you're bound to wreck havoc on any enemy.

PD is not worth it imo, not until you have nothing else to buy. As said in many posts, twitch already has alot of aspd from his ambush and SnP. Emphasizing on more dmg and crits just greatly improves his overall killing ability in a shorter time.

Assuming I'd go with greaves and end with zeal:
Malady - 50%
Greaves - 25%
Last Whisper - 40%
Zeal - 20%
Runes - ~25%
Masteries - 4%

164% enhanced aspd on approx. 0.657 base aspd means 1.774 aspd.

On top of that you have a crit chance:
Base % : 2.78 (lv.1) - 10.34 (lv.18)
Runes : ~5% (not really runed on it yet)
Infinity Edge : 20%
Zeal : 10%

37.78% - 45.34% Critical chance on around 170-210 dmg with 1.774 aspd

(I did this out of the top of my head, so dont judge me )

That is enough to do an average DPS of 337 damage, not counting in the 475+ crits nor counting in stealth and Spray 'n Pray. With this setup you can annihalate entire teams, tanks or not, in seconds.