What's a good minion "last hit" pace? (aka gold)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluekn1ght

02-07-2011

What's a good pace for last hitting minions? For example: if I mid, how much gold should I have at 5 minutes? 10? etc.

I think I've tended to focus on harassing enemy champs/go for the kill since my early days, but if that doesn't work, then I'm short on cash. And that has long term consequences, particularly for someone who needs items for more damage (I've been working on vlad and kennen).

I think this is doubly hard when laning with a partner - as there are two champs. Do you try and not target the same minion?

Maybe this is why I prefer jungling - don't have to worry about last hitting. :P

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

It is fairly dependant on which champ you play.....
eg. Ashe would be expected to farm way harder then Trynd....

terembura

02-07-2011

Without kills or assist a 18 min Infinity Edge on mid is pretty good on a ranged carry.

So if you have around 5000 total gold at 22:00, you are doing well.

dirtystyle

02-07-2011

I think a minion kill count would be a more effective way to establish a good pace. gold can be influence by how many times you have killed the dragon or how many towers have been pushed down (possibly early).

So what is a solid creep score at 5/10/15 minutes? i dont want to know what the "pros" get but what should an average player be aiming for those times?

terembura

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtystyle View Post
I think a minion kill count would be a more effective way to establish a good pace. good can be influence by how many times you have killed the dragon or how many towers have been pushed down (possibly early).

So what is a solid creep score at 5/10/15 minutes? i dont want to know what the "pros" get but what should an average player be aiming for those times?
Minions spawn every 30 seconds from 1:30. So for example by the 10 minute mark a total of 17 waves reached you. That is exactly 107 minion.

If you can kill let's say 75, that's not bad.
If you can kill around 90, that's very good.
Less that 50 is really bad.

EDIT: That's for ranged champions. Expect much less on melees.

dirtystyle

02-07-2011

Quote:
Minions spawn every 30 seconds from 1:30. So for example by the 10 minute mark a total of 17 waves reached you. That is exactly 107 minion.

If you can kill let's say 75, that's not bad.
If you can kill around 90, that's very good.
Less that 50 is really bad.

EDIT: That's for ranged champions. Expect much less on melees.
awesome that is something to shoot for. thanks!

anyone have a solid count for a melee character?

terembura

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtystyle View Post
anyone have a solid count for a melee character?
That depends...

If you're champion has a solid low cooldown low cost farming ability (like akali, or pantheon), you should aim for the same numbers, maybe 5-10 less.

If you lane against another melee, then there's no excuse, so the above numbers stand.

However if you solo against a ranged champion, who can constantly harass you, and you can't last hit with abilities, then 50 minion kills by the 10 minute mark can be good.

On a duo-lane obviously you need to divide the numbers by 2, unless you lane with a support champ, who should give you all the creep kills.