Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordUlric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

I only bene playing a week or two if that idk i dont really keep track only level 18.

Now im not the best user tho i am a bit confident and i keep it together but latly i been getting paird with the most usless of teammates now before i sound over confident or like a azholes i will explain..

People i list as usless

(feed constant like 0-20 n 3v3 yes there are people who do this! )
( no team work)
(bashing rather then playing)
(Feeding teammates to ganks and then runing away on purpose to kill them off.)

People i have been playing with lately ^ have all reached me utterly useless in game stats.

Now i could careless about k.d rates and my kills per death but the game is not very fun when players constantly feeding and never working as a team nor are they plight and then put u down for dieing when they feed u into a gank or they feed in general to ruin your games.

So i ask for advice rather then having a **** load of friends on to play with what would you recommend to encourage sportsman ship in game as well as team play ? I tried being ncie i tried carrying games and boosting players morals as well as being brute mean nothing seems to work

terembura

02-07-2011

1) Be patient.
2) Don't give up.
3) Don't feed the trolls.

As you'll become higher level, there will be much less 'exceptionally careless' players and much less trolls.

Demention

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordUlric View Post
I only bene playing a week or two if that idk i dont really keep track only level 18.

Now im not the best user tho i am a bit confident and i keep it together but latly i been getting paird with the most usless of teammates now before i sound over confident or like a azholes i will explain..

People i list as usless

(feed constant like 0-20 n 3v3 yes there are people who do this! )
( no team work)
(bashing rather then playing)
(Feeding teammates to ganks and then runing away on purpose to kill them off.)

People i have been playing with lately ^ have all reached me utterly useless in game stats.

Now i could careless about k.d rates and my kills per death but the game is not very fun when players constantly feeding and never working as a team nor are they plight and then put u down for dieing when they feed u into a gank or they feed in general to ruin your games.

So i ask for advice rather then having a **** load of friends on to play with what would you recommend to encourage sportsman ship in game as well as team play ? I tried being ncie i tried carrying games and boosting players morals as well as being brute mean nothing seems to work
In my case, if i am not working with a close knit group, I:

(1) First off - just play an integral champion role where you are in a better position to help your team if they are suffering in the performance department. IE a hard tank or hard support, vs just a carry. This would be the first 'new player' cushion you could take for a better gaming experience.

(2) Be friendly and "suggestive". I emphasize "suggestive". If someone is overextending or completely random shopping their build, just "offer" a tidbit. Saying, "What the hell are you doing? Your build is hideous" or, "Dont overextend n00b!" is totally ineffective. If they knew you were right, they still wouldn't take the bait, just to spite you.

Keep it friendly and civil. As a fore note, i usually offer a word before the match to kind of elevate the mood pregame. Little things like, "We will have a good game". This shows your team you are taking the role of having a positive social play experience.

90% of QQ and RAGE in LoL is due to group pressure and anxiety. If they are playing poorly and know they are playing poorly and their team is raging at them, they are very likely to bad mouth and contribute to a negative play experience.

(3) Blow it over. If they make a fatal decision or usually fail keep map in check, don't punish them for it. Just let them know its "no biggie" and add a "suggestive" tidbit of advice and encourage them to not get discouraged.

-------------------------------------------

I know this approach sounds hilarious and i sound more like a youth group pastor, but it really really works. Come into the game commanding a socially positive demeanor and people will loosen up and be more receptive to feedback.

I don't view myself as a saint and this advice may seem 'obvious' things to say, but i honestly never see anyone take this route... ever... ever ever. I don't see anyone starting a pub game on a positive note. Its always indifference, at best.

So be the catalyst for the change and contribute to the minority of positive players in the LoL community.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

LordUlric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demention View Post
In my case, if i am not working with a close knit group, I:

(1) First off - just play an integral champion role where you are in a better position to help your team if they are suffering in the performance department. IE a hard tank or hard support, vs just a carry. This would be the first 'new player' cushion you could take for a better gaming experience.

(2) Be friendly and "suggestive". I emphasize "suggestive". If someone is overextending or completely random shopping their build, just "offer" a tidbit. Saying, "What the hell are you doing? Your build is hideous" or, "Dont overextend n00b!" is totally ineffective. If they knew you were right, they still wouldn't take the bait, just to spite you.

Keep it friendly and civil. As a fore note, i usually offer a word before the match to kind of elevate the mood pregame. Little things like, "We will have a good game". This shows your team you are taking the role of having a positive social play experience.

90% of QQ and RAGE in LoL is due to group pressure and anxiety. If they are playing poorly and know they are playing poorly and their team is raging at them, they are very likely to bad mouth and contribute to a negative play experience.

(3) Blow it over. If they make a fatal decision or usually fail keep map in check, don't punish them for it. Just let them know its "no biggie" and add a "suggestive" tidbit of advice and encourage them to not get discouraged.

I know this approach sounds hilarious and i sound more like a youth group pastor, but it really really works. Come into the game commanding a socially positive demeanor and people will loosen up and be more receptive to feedback.

I don't view myself as a saint and this advice may seem 'obvious' things to say, but i honestly never see anyone take this route... ever... ever ever. I don't see anyone starting a pub game on a positive note. Its always indifference, at best.

So be the catalyst for the change and contribute to the minority of positive players in the LoL community.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.
thats mainly what i do tho they still yet continue to feed purposly or lure weaker team mates or even myself into ganks then run away with other player i love 3v3 tho seems the majority of ****** bags excuse my language tho they seem to be mindless children n 3v3. 3v3 atracts the smaller kids more cause shorter gaems tho i share pc with 5 people so naturally i do small games encase someone wants on games only take 15-20 min somtimes 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terembura View Post
1) Be patient.
2) Don't give up.

As you'll become higher level, there will be much less 'exceptionally careless' players and much less trolls.
ya i try not to feed trolls tho when them and another player feed u into ganks even if u dont say or respond or retaliate they still troll you. Sucks the trolls dont just use Trundle so they are more noticeable off the bat hahaha

I will say the most annoying encounter i had is like earlier also had 2 feeders so mainly 1v3 (obviusly we lose dramatiaclaly when i see feed its understatment its a buffet of my teammates) So the other team str8 talks smack constant talking about how yi is cheap easy to use ect.. ect.. ect..

Tho they dont put into consideration they are fed hard and even as a pro char or a novice char to keep 1 char pushing 3 people i think that takes a bit of skill regardless of what users think of eas to use or not, Yi gets so much hate since he became a free champ (bought him to for after this week change up) idk is yi that noob or e1 hating on my speed buid to push without minons?

Also should i post a buid that works amazingly for me for turrent pushing?
Or simply not post cause of the hate on yi as well as the morons that cry about him so bad idk...

RedPanda11

02-07-2011

I really recommend playing a support or tank. I prefer supports, but both can be very satisfying. And with supports you can protect the feeders from feeding.

LordUlric

02-07-2011

Well as usupport i ultra fail tanks never tried im decent with yi

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/ppppppppppppwnedddd.png/

as could see here 2 teammates fed entire game to anger me, stil yet 1v3 still won it its hard as hell tho im capable of doing so with yi being i been using him and akali with my speed crit style. But man players like this really get to me hard so annoying

also other team called me newb bashed me all game ect.. ect.. ect.. suppose for not surrendering tho im not a forfeiting type :] if ima lose ima make e1 sure as hell earn it hahaha

SubjectCyanide

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by terembura View Post
1) Be patient.
2) Don't give up.

Best most simple, to the point advice I've seen.
Im still "pretty New" myself but with games like this its always the same.
You have your jerks and you have your idiots.
Patience is key
and so is ignoring the peanut gallery.
And really how far do quitters get in anything?
Press on! =3