[Semi-open PvP RP Arena] Project ARENA

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

The ARENA was situated on Munchlord's estate but outside the walls surrounding most of the Manor and attached land. Reaching it would be done by going down the road to D'Cardin Manor and continuing past the front gate instead of entering. A little further, what looks like a barn outside the estate walls a show up with a sign above the door reading ARENA in all capital letters and in a smaller script below Advanced Ressurective Emergency Nexus Access. Immediately inside the door, a small room with a counter behind which Munchlord's butler Pierre is standing dominates the room. Two doors lead further into the building. One, to the right, bears a sign saying Spectators while the other one is signless. An information tablet hangs beside the spectator door telling more about the place:

Welcome to Project ARENA (Advanced Ressurective Emergency Nexus Access).
This is a League Sanctioned project researching the potential of using the ressurective capabilities of Nexi at a distance. It is intended for use during expeditions into highly dangerous territory such as the Kumungu Jungles or underground caverns, permitting the expeditioners to be ressurected on the spot should harm befall them, so as to be able to continue the expedition.
It has currently entered the last testing phase where it is to be tested under highly shifting circumstances and levels of strain that an expedition would pose on the technology, in this case simulated by the effects of actual combat.

As such, we are seeking testers to duel in these facilities, the winner or winners receiving a sum for their efforts. Currently, the technology has capacity to bind to up to four individuals, thus permitting two man team battles or three to four men free for all battles. Anyone who wishes to observe the matches are free to do so. We assure that taking part in a match is perfectly safe, as a healer is standing by at any point in time to heal damages incurred in matches should ressurection be unneeded, and should the remote ressurection fail, a standard ressurection just outside the Twisted Treeline Field of Justice will happen instead.

The Z-Showdown Crystal Screen channel has asked, and been granted, permission to broadcast matches as well. Hence, combatants will have to sign a formula allowing such broadcasts in addition to the standard of permitting us to gather any data necessary for the scientific evaluation.

Match rules:
-Combattants can opt to either battle themselves or summon something to battle for them. Whether it is one or the other must be agreed upon before the match.
-League champions may under no circumstances be summoned, since their summoning link to League Matches interfere with the ARENA application on a level that may cause permanent death on part of the champion.
-Standard matches last until one participant gives up, is incapable of doing battle (usually meaning unconscious or slain), or until the Judge rules the match as over and decrees a result.
-Other victory conditions may be agreed upon before the beginning of the match, first to three victories for instance.
-All weaponry, equipment and consumables that are used in a match must be registered prior to the match, although you are not required to inform your opponent of them.
-We reserve right to ban any weapon, equipment or consumable we might desire, on a case by case basis, in the event that we find there to be a risk that the item in question might interfere with the ARENA application.
-Munchlord judges any match that he is not, in some manner, participating in.

-Regards Munchlord D'Cardin and Igor Sarchonovic

Entering the door, a stair leads upwards to a platform running along the length of the building edges. Most of it is simply floor that is set at an angle to allow people standing near the rear to still look down into the arena area, but in a rind closest to the hole in the floor down to the arena, a two foot wall surrounds two rows of chairs. A small fee is to be paid to sit down there, hence why a lot more people are simply standing outside it. A small part of the chair row section is separated from the rest, permanently reserved for the Crystal Screen Channel's recording team. The scent of blood mixes with the smell of sweat, spiced up faint vapors of ozone, brimstone and similar smells relating to magic, all capped by the smell of the various sweets and other refreshments sold by some of the attending people. Between the matches, bookmakers announcing odds for and against the combatants, taking bets and paying wins can be heard as well as the sound of the crowd discussing the match that just passed or the next one to come. The project has become quite popular among the Zaunites, seeing as watching is free.

Four Crystal Screens hang from the roof facing in the four cardinal directions, showing a live feed directly from the recording team, offering people on the back rows another option as to where to look. Munchlord sits in a private balcony closer to the Arena, and the recording team switches to focus on him between matches as he announces the winner, as well as the next combat to take place. During matches, there is mostly silence in between the crowd uproars when the battle swings in favor of one or the other, everyone cheering for whoever is their favorite, whoever they placed a bet on, or just cheering in general. Across it all, magnified by Hextech, rings the voice of the journalist from the recording team, serving as a makeshift commentator as well.

((As is probably obvious, the Arena is supposed to be a place to duel, be it with your summoners, something they summon or whatever. If you want to take part in a match, either post an OOC notice here linking the profile of your combatant or summoner, or contact me through roarchat.net. Only one duel at a time. If RPing commenting the matches becomes popular, I will make a separate thread to avoid cluttering the match itself too much.))

Necromonger

02-07-2011

((Um... So as a conjurer I can't flood the arena with summoned minions? Like some goblin rushing red deck player, haha.))

((Also, is my fighter to be part of a two-man team, or can it be me and my elite summons?))

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

((If your summoner is the main combattant, he can summon all the stuff he wants. Just please observe that major summons (champion like and stuff) take time in most cases. Lastly, winning out of filling all empty space in the arena with summons will be considered a legit, if dishonourable way to win. As for a fighter, you can try for a 1v1 once an opponent shows up, or you can wait for a buddy for 2v2, or try to find people for a 1v1v1(v1)... or you can go with a character and a major summon for a 2v2 once you find opponents. As for opponents, I can supply some i no other takes show up ^^))

Necromonger

02-07-2011

((Dishonorable, huh? An army of goblins it is....))

((Nah. Me and Scarlet are most likely going to do it as a pair, while I use the non-summoning aspects of conjuration- battlefield control.))

Lu Caos

02-07-2011

((lu's going to need to get in on this >: D though I don't know if Munch will allow him to.))

Munchlord

02-07-2011

((Lu can get in just fine ^^. So, now we need a teamm8 for Lu for a 2v2 agaist necro and scarlet?))

Rafeo

02-07-2011

((Would Rafeo summoning Narenth count as one, or two people?))

Munchlord

02-07-2011

((That depends. If Rafeo in the ARENA himself and it doesn't take him a slot amount of time to summon Narenth, I call shenanigans unless he summons him beforehand and they count as 2. Rafeo can also stand outside and summon him, in which case you agree with your opponent ahead of time if you can help out a little (summoner spell style). That would, ofc, only count as one.))

Lu Caos

02-07-2011

((Hell lu would just challenge them 1v2 :P))

ipleadthefif208

02-07-2011

((Actually Angella would be better http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/266 ))

1234511 ... 12