Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr Man-Tiger or Man-Pheonix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunar

Recruiter

01-21-2010

Alright, I have been playing Udyr for a while now and I am quite confused. The way I play him is getting vamp scepter, bezerk greeves, sheen, malady, trinity force and then infinity edge if the time allows.

I always build myself with 1 point in turtle and then alternating between bear and tiger. I never even touch pheonix until the last 3 points because I find it very useless. With that said, I do very well as udyr for the most part. The last game I played with him I went 12/3/10.

Now, I see a lot of udyrs getting pheonix stance and rushing razor. So, which exactly would be the best strat? I have yet to try pheonix udyr, but whenever I see them they normally don't do as good as I do with my tiger build. Any comments/experiences to share?

Kesshisan

Recruiter

01-21-2010

He's half tiger, half man-phoenix.

No, wait, he looks more like half phoenix and half man-tiger.

Actually, he looks more like half man, half tiger, half phoenix.

Adorno

01-21-2010

Tiger and Phoenix are good for different reasons and should have different builds...though I usually eventually max and use both.

Tiger has good burst/gank damage, and if you take it you should focus on DMG items, not attack speed.

Phoenix has better sustained damage, plus the AOE. Having the aura up also buffs your tiger significantly, so there is good synergy. Attack speed is best w/Phoenix.

Lil Will

01-21-2010

Phoenix is better than tiger, I think. Phoenix gives you more damage and ap, so is better for going first, then turtling or tigering.

Hubbz

01-22-2010

I'd opt for ninja bear airplane man. (boots of mobility, bear, phoenix)

Treedog

01-22-2010

when im uydr i just lvl up pheonix/bear/turtle tiger stance blows, i only use it alot vs towers

SymbolicSymbolic

01-22-2010

He's ManBearPig and needs an ult that goes

FAAAAALCOOOOON PAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!!

Rhiom

Recruiter

01-22-2010

man bear pig-clearly!

Adorno

01-23-2010

Tiger is great for burst damage. You just have to use it as a prep as you rush into battle, so you get two activate effects from it right in a row. Considering that you usually only have 1 second or less to hit an enemy, tiger is often the better anti-champ damage-dealer in lane.

I still generally prefer Phoenix for lane-ing, but tiger can be a lot of fun. It is also taken less, and used properly even less than that, so is somewhat unexpected.