Please explain the difference

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soxjr

02-06-2011

I was looking at runes, and I noticed something.

Seal of Replenishment lvl 2 is 0.32 mana regen per 5 seconds

Seal of Clarity lvl 2 is 0.05 mana regen per lvl per 5 seconds.

So if I am reading this right. even at lvl 7 which is lower than the lvl to use this rune the clarity one is better. At lvl 10+ it's way better, so why would anyone ever take the replenishment one? Or am I missing something.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-06-2011

Generally always go with Clarity. For a very specialized early game rune page you would want Replenishment, but in most cases Clarity is by far the better choice.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-06-2011

Scaling runes will overtake their flat counter parts from level 6 to 11. Flat runes give you a stronger benefit early game, for those champions that really need a strong early game, scaling are better late game. An example for why you might want flat mp5 is if you are a mana intensive champion that will be getting a mana regen item by around level 9, but need the extra mana regen early game; the itemized mana regen will take over late game, especially if you manage to control your lane due to extra mana early.

Absinthe

02-07-2011

btw: Do not buy tier 1 or 2 runes, wait till level 20 and use tier 3.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-07-2011

Tier 2 runes aren't worth your IP, but T1 runes give you 60% of the benefit of T3, for only 8% of the cost.