30s against low levels, plus bad winners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucius Blank

02-06-2011

So I have been playing with some friends, and since we hit about 15 ish, we have been queued against at least one 30, and what's funnier, we have got queued with 30's that are teamed up with lvls 11+, so, its just unfair.

This is starting to get annoying, we usually win when matched against people of our same level, but it's notorious when a player is lvl 30, highest damage output and usually get less damage from us.

Riot is not taking any consideration on this, I tought I could report these players, but it comes out that it is legal? Wow, go unfairness

And it is more annoying when they act like this:
Note: wheyproteinbrah was also a level 30
I think Riot will find funny that he says his father owns riot

Before you start flaming me about how I built teemo, that lvl 30 Tryn dealt insane amounts of damage and I had to get some survability items just to resist the first three attacks.

PapayaJuice

Recruiter

02-08-2011

As far as I know, matchmaking is based on a hidden ELO within the normal games, no matter what level you are. If you're a pretty good player, your ELO will go higher, and you'll face tougher opponents. On average, this means facing higher summoner level opponents, simply because they have more experience with the game so will tend to have a higher ELO.

The thing with arranged teams is that it averages out. Meaning, and this happens a lot with me, I usually play with a friend of mine who has been level 30 for about half a year now. I've started playing a few weeks ago and am only level 15. Needless to say, he is a great player while I'm rather mediocre, so my ELO being low, and his being high, it averages them out to whatever, usually around level 23-27. This might explain why you're facing crazy god-like level 30s at such a low level.

It does suck, and I feel your pain. At least when I play with him, I'm 100% always fighting players who are better than me. However, I think RIOT has prolly the best system in place for the moment, one that's based off player skill instead of player level. Level is is a function of time, not necessarily skill. Skill is a function of, well, just that.

Astat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-08-2011

Say you get a friend of yours to start playing the game, will you let him play alone till he is lvl 30 or will you team up with him and show him how its done? hmm..