fed yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HungryKarnage

02-07-2011

If a fed Yi is continually backdooring and your team isn't in the lead, your best hope is really to catch him. Ward his likely routes and catch him from ALL directions. Hopefully you have at least one snare/stun type cc (slows don't count).

You can also try to force a teamfight and see if he comes. Burn him down if he does ASAP. Smart Yis won't fall for this though. They'll just wreak your base when you move out.

ldfhndfjkndh

02-07-2011

Hard CC is Yi's biggest weakness. That's why I substitute Zerk Greaves for Merc Treads late game.

If you have no CC, then your best bet is to just stick with the team and focus him. But you're better off yelling at yourself for being on a team with no CC.

Vame Jantt

02-07-2011

Thornmail is gonna be completely useless if you're up against an AP Yi of course. Without MR, AP Yi can hit 700+ easily with Alpha Strike, and spam it after kills because of his ult. Just don't feed him in early game and stun/disable him as much as possible.

Fluffy1

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vame Jantt View Post
Thornmail is gonna be completely useless if you're up against an AP Yi of course. Without MR, AP Yi can hit 700+ easily with Alpha Strike, and spam it after kills because of his ult. Just don't feed him in early game and stun/disable him as much as possible.
most of ap yi's damage is still physical due to lichbane, just a good chunk of it is magical from alpha. by having 2 heavy sources of damage hes hard to counter build against.

SkullMasteRgR

02-07-2011

Quote:
lol a fed AP Yi doesnt compare with a fed AD Yi.. actually AP Yi is just for fun, just like u play AP Tryndamere..XD

Hocus

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullMasteRgR View Post
lol a fed AP Yi doesnt compare with a fed AD Yi..

isn't that like saying a fed teemo doesn't compare with a fed mordekaiser?
They fill two completly different roles, as I see it the playstyles on those are so completly different that they could be two different champions all together. Everybody has strongpoints and weak points. AD Yi plays as a carry and so has a carrys weakpoints, AP yi plays as a tank/nuker and has his weakpoints.

so you can't expect an AP Yi to carry and he should absolutly NOT take the kills from the carry, but he can take alot of damage with his meditate on and do serious damage with alpha about 3 times in a teamfight. the last alpha might clean up the enemy if his carry died.

Should work good with a team like amumu, Olaf, MF and Janna or Ryze.

Vame Jantt

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullMasteRgR View Post
lol a fed AP Yi doesnt compare with a fed AD Yi.. actually AP Yi is just for fun, just like u play AP Tryndamere..XD
Weird.... last I checked AP Yi is pretty dam good if used properly. My 3v5 win as AP Yi with 22/6 might help prove that? As AP Yi his heal heals so much and gives so much resistances that I managed to tank 3 people at a time focusing me easily. I do think AP Yi compares quite nicely with AD Yi.

As for AP Trynd... well I haven't tried him, so I won't comment.

Doriantv

02-07-2011

Thornmail is basically a tool against Yi and Trynd. Randuin's is better in almost all cases.

Bumbah

02-07-2011

Having one person grab Foritfy is a way to counter any backdoor champ.

xahhfink6

02-07-2011

Ok, the thing about thornmail is that people tend to think about it the wrong way. Yes, it gives armor, but what it is is a DAMAGE source against yi. If you haven't stacked hp, especially if the yi has last whisper (or lots of other armor pen) then you are still going to die about as fast if you have thornmail.. you will just have dealt him more damage in the process.

What you should look at before you consider getting thornmail, is how much lifesteal the yi has, how much armor pen the yi has, and how much your character scales with damage items. People often don't realize it, but if you have an Annie, it is SO much better for her to get AP, or Ap and some armor (like zhonyas) than to get thornmail. This is because killing yi is the best way to stop him from dealing damage, especially if he has lifesteal as his only survivability. If you can nuke him down before he can kill you, it is a lot better than dealing him some thornmail damage as he kills you. On the other hand, someone like karthus may be better off with thornmail, because his damage is over time.

In general tho, especially if the yi has lifesteal, you are better off with attack speed slows like randuins and frozen heart

Edit: Also, forgot to mention but guardian angel is especially effective against yi, because he depends very badly on getting the kill to refresh his cooldowns