Queue Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiveWithFear

02-06-2011

So this has probably been mentioned before and I may be in the wrong forum section, but I have a suggestion.

Similar to the World of Warcraft "Looking for Dungeon", how does it sound to have League of Legends queue system practically mimic the "queue as 'so-and-so'".

Being that successful League games generally have (a) tank(s) on the winning team, would you not agree that tanks are necessities to win? Of course, if the enemy team is full of unskillful players, then tanks aren't usually necessary. But I'm referencing the games that take more than 30 minutes.

Now, an idea for how the queue system could work:
Multiple role options (Support, Tank, Carry, etc.) - You must choose one or multiple roles before each queue.

Each team must have at least one summoner that has chosen the "tank" role. All other summoners should have selected damage dealing roles (Support roles aren't required. One per team prioritized possibly).

During Champion Select, if a summoner does not fulfill his role as a tank and it is absolutely needed, the other summoners may vote to kick the "tank" and re-queue. (Voters would have to be summoners that did not form a premade with the "tank")

Of course, somehow, the voting system could be abused. How it should be handled, I'm not 100% sure. One way... Half or more of the voters must agree with the kicking for it to be passed. Another way... After successfully kicking 5 or so summoners, the events will be investigated through means of reading logs of what champion was selected by the "tank" and even chat logs. Because some people don't "Lock In" when choosing a champion, the game should record what a summoner has simply selected prior to locking in.

What do you people think? Add some ideas. Troll me.

LiveWithFear

02-06-2011

Bump.

Travis Burst

02-06-2011

no one would be happy,

i queued tank.
rammus ban
malphite ban
amumu ban
shen ban.

WELL WTF NAOW.

this queue system sounds not bad. but we dont need it. what we need is for players to stop playing selfishly. every player wants to be the 30 - 0 carry, so when there left to pick they ignore what is best for the team and just pick what they want.

your queue system will help. but i think it wouldnt change much. in game would go like this:
"WHY THE FUMK YOU QUEUE RANKA S TANK WHEN YOUR HORRIBLE UDIED 3 TYMES AND MADE ME DIE 7. I AM CARRY DATS WHY I QUEUE CARRY IF U CANT PROTECT ME DONT QUEUE TANK GO PLAY MARIO KART"

i have no faith in this community.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

What we really need are more tank Ashes and tank Kassadins.

LiveWithFear

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tverch View Post
no one would be happy,

i queued tank.
rammus ban
malphite ban
amumu ban
shen ban.

WELL WTF NAOW.

this queue system sounds not bad. but we dont need it. what we need is for players to stop playing selfishly. every player wants to be the 30 - 0 carry, so when there left to pick they ignore what is best for the team and just pick what they want.

your queue system will help. but i think it wouldnt change much. in game would go like this:
"WHY THE FUMK YOU QUEUE RANKA S TANK WHEN YOUR HORRIBLE UDIED 3 TYMES AND MADE ME DIE 7. I AM CARRY DATS WHY I QUEUE CARRY IF U CANT PROTECT ME DONT QUEUE TANK GO PLAY MARIO KART"

i have no faith in this community.
Either way, there will be failed games, yes. But I believe there will be less of a chance of losing horribly if you had someone choose a tank.

LiveWithFear

02-08-2011

Bump

LiveWithFear

02-15-2011

I don't like self bumping, but ****it, I want to. Shameful self bump.