Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia is OP? ANNIE IS MOAR OP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Quote:
NPwhelp:
Aha.

Ha.

Nice one, you got me. Totally shut down my thread.

Shucks.

Wutnaut

02-06-2011

if annie farms, she isnt using stun to harass. if she wants to harass, she cant farm. when u see her stun proc to farm minions, counter harass. using this method, how the **** could she EVER get a lvl 8 RoA. if she is, its not her skill, its ur fault.

StarryEagle

02-06-2011

Quote:
Wutnaut:
if annie farms, she isnt using stun to harass. if she wants to harass, she cant farm. when u see her stun proc to farm minions, counter harass. using this method, how the **** could she EVER get a lvl 8 RoA. if she is, its not her skill, its ur fault.

ITP: Annie has no autoattack

Duoshot

02-06-2011

Quote:
StarryEagle:

Unless they are Yi... Annie can stop Yi, Anivia can die.

How can Anivia not stop Yi? Anivia has a wall, and a stun which is extremely easy to land when enemies are in your face...

Annie can stop Yi once. Then after that, Yi is in her face slicing her to bits while she frantically struggles to build up her passive.

Wutnaut

02-06-2011

Quote:
StarryEagle:
ITP: Annie has no autoattack

vs a mid carry? should be relatively negligible. saw reginald carry as AD annie once tho... that might be gamebreakingly OP.

my overall opinion: annie is strong, always has been, but is nowhere near gamebreaking.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Quote:
Duoshot:
How can Anivia not stop Yi? Anivia has a wall, and a stun which is extremely easy to land when enemies are in your face...

Annie can stop Yi once. Then after that, Yi is in her face slicing her to bits while she frantically struggles to build up her passive.

Alpha is his gap-closer. Can stun what you can't see. He can even avoid her wall that way. Then he uses his ult = no slow, and hopefully the Yi isn't stupid enough to go in when her Q is on cooldown or attack in a straight line to her. Annie bursts Yi (she has a single-target, speed-ignoring, stun + nuke) and then stuns, at which point she can probably get away better than Anivia can. No targeted stun on Anivia.

vs a full-out Yi, I'd prefer Annie.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Quote:
Wutnaut:
vs a mid carry? should be relatively negligible. saw reginald carry as AD annie once tho... that might be gamebreakingly OP.

my overall opinion: annie is strong, always has been, but is nowhere near gamebreaking.

...sigh...you didn't read the entire post either. And autoattacking is used to last hit, dude....

embl3m

02-06-2011

Quote:
SparrowMaxx:
Annie is gamebreakingly OP. Put her in mid and nobody can stop her. Her burst at level 7 is 400 damage on a 6ish second cooldown. If she uses her Q to stun and then incinerate, every 8 seconds she deals almost 550 dmg (600 with Tibbers.) She can freefarm from a distance, because her nuke is also totally refunded if she uses it on a minion. Safe farm, then comes out, stun, burst, and you can't trade because she's already back at her turret. She gets you down to half and then Tibbers and you're dead.

With the right timing, she has a 2 second AoE stun- like Sion on crack- which is also a massive nuke. She can be at 2000 hp by 8 if she gets a RoA. Then, using her free mid lane, she's got her deathcap, etc, etc, and she's at 450 AP dominating everyone by 17.

My point is: See how rational this argument looks? It takes more than just writing me off as an idiot to disprove it. I change some numbers around, supply one-sided information, Annie looks like she's OP as all hell. Same is done with Anivia. Learn to COUNTER, and any champion- even OP ones- can be countered. Anivia might be a bit too strong, (I don't think so, but that's me) but in no way is she even close to singlehandedly changing a game unless YOU make a mistake. (Xin was a good example of actually being OP.) Note that my first argument- 400 damage burst- is IDENTICAL to Anivia's. Annie's CC is actually BETTER save the wall, since she can target the stun, and that wall is small most of the time until she levels it near midgame.

Okay, so what is anivia's counter exactly?

Scarlett Alice

02-06-2011

Annie is not OP.
She is more of a single target nuke.

But if she can stun an entire group with Tibbers she can take each one out.

i.e: Me, when I got a Penta-Kill with Annie.

She's actually one of the more balanced characters, Anivia can destroy an entire team by herself if she builds the correct items.

StarryEagle

02-06-2011

Quote:
Wutnaut:

Last hit with autoattacks while harassing with Q.

btw the OP is not a post stating that Annie is OP, but rather a satire on the ways people are arguing Anivia is OP

The more you know!