Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia is OP? ANNIE IS MOAR OP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Read the whole post, thanks. This thread is not what it looks like if you stop halfway through to come up with some halfway-thought out post.
Annie is gamebreakingly OP. Put her in mid and nobody can stop her. Her burst at level 7 is 400 damage on a 6ish second cooldown. If she uses her Q to stun and then incinerate, every 8 seconds she deals almost 550 dmg (600 with Tibbers.) She can freefarm from a distance, because her nuke is also totally refunded if she uses it on a minion. Safe farm, then comes out, stun, burst, and you can't trade because she's already back at her turret. She gets you down to half and then Tibbers and you're dead.

With the right timing, she has a 2 second AoE stun- like Sion on crack- which is also a massive nuke. She can be at 2000 hp by 8 if she gets a RoA. Then, using her free mid lane, she's got her deathcap, etc, etc, and she's at 450 AP dominating everyone by 17.

My point is: See how rational this argument looks? It takes more than just writing me off as an idiot to disprove it. I change some numbers around, supply one-sided information, Annie looks like she's OP as all hell. Same is done with Anivia. Learn to COUNTER, and any champion- even OP ones- can be countered. Anivia might be a bit too strong, (I don't think so, but that's me) but in no way is she even close to singlehandedly changing a game unless YOU make a mistake. (Xin was a good example of actually being OP.) Note that my first argument- 400 damage burst- is IDENTICAL to Anivia's. Annie's CC is actually BETTER save the wall, since she can target the stun, and that wall is small most of the time until she levels it near midgame.

List of posters who did NOT read the entire post:

Quote:
JebezzalJoHey:
You complain about, "This is how much Annie does in x amount of seconds."

The Title seems to compare Anivia to Annie. Compare their bursts better, or fail title. Btw, Annie is a tad squishier, if nothing else for Anivia's Passive; and Annie's stun consumes her passive, and only every 5 spells. Anivia can stun more, I think burst more, and has an egg. Show me side be side burst damage comparisions, then this post MIGHT be viable.

Quote:
r431:
A significant difference:
Annie stun-ults an area, stuns a Melee DPS. That Melee DPS can now walk to Annie to smack her face.
Anivia slow-ults an area, slows a Melee DPS. That Melee DPS got kited to death. Even if the Melee DPS can reach Anivia... troll egg ensues.

And also, Anivia can destroy an entire team without much AP. Annie...? Not a chance.

Quote:
Wutnaut:
if annie farms, she isnt using stun to harass. if she wants to harass, she cant farm. when u see her stun proc to farm minions, counter harass. using this method, how the **** could she EVER get a lvl 8 RoA. if she is, its not her skill, its ur fault.

Quote:
Duoshot:
How can Anivia not stop Yi? Anivia has a wall, and a stun which is extremely easy to land when enemies are in your face...

Annie can stop Yi once. Then after that, Yi is in her face slicing her to bits while she frantically struggles to build up her passive.

Quote:
Wutnaut:
vs a mid carry? should be relatively negligible. saw reginald carry as AD annie once tho... that might be gamebreakingly OP.

my overall opinion: annie is strong, always has been, but is nowhere near gamebreaking.

Quote:
Scarlett Alice:
Annie is not OP.
She is more of a single target nuke.

But if she can stun an entire group with Tibbers she can take each one out.

i.e: Me, when I got a Penta-Kill with Annie.

She's actually one of the more balanced characters, Anivia can destroy an entire team by herself if she builds the correct items.

ElGuapo

Recruiter

02-06-2011

ITT: Anivia players

JebezzalJoHey

02-06-2011

The Title seems to compare Anivia to Annie. Compare their bursts better, or fail title. Btw, Annie is a tad squishier, if nothing else for Anivia's Passive; and Annie's stun consumes her passive, and only every 5 spells. Anivia can stun more, I think burst more, and has an egg. Show me side be side burst damage comparisions, then this post MIGHT be viable.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Quote:
JebezzalJoHey:

I'm not seriously comparing them. Although I can say that Anivia power-leveling E + Q combo is close to Annie's Q -> W combo as well. And she gets a garenteed stun. In that respect, she actually is way better.

Also, please read the post. Namely the bottom part.

r431

02-06-2011

Annie stun-ults an area, stuns a Melee DPS. That Melee DPS can now walk to Annie to smack her face.
Anivia slow-ults an area, slows a Melee DPS. That Melee DPS got kited to death. Even if the Melee DPS can reach Anivia... troll egg ensues.

And also, Anivia can destroy an entire team without much AP. Annie...? Not a chance.

StarryEagle

02-06-2011

Well, Pre-charged stun
Use Tibber's = 1 charge
Incinerate = 2 Charges
W move = 3 Charges
Molten Shield = 4 Charges
Q again = 5 charges

There, only 4-5 secs between 2 stuns in the fight.

Anivia = 8 sec stun.

Although I don't have a burst comparison, Annie does indeed stun more

Quote:
r431:

Unless they are Yi... Annie can stop Yi, Anivia can die.

Anivia can't kite a melee with her ult since it has a short cooldown between toggles. Maybe with her other skills but not her ult.

SparrowMaxx

02-06-2011

Quote:
r431:

If the melee dps is walking close enough to go straight through her ult without the team to support, or he's not using his gap-closer, then he deserves to die.

Annie has almost as much AoE as Anivia if her ult is up. R -> W will deal about as much damage as a Q pass through -> R. Plus the single target E, or Annie's Q, etc.

NPwhelp

02-06-2011

Quote:
SparrowMaxx:
I main Anivia and don't want her to be nerfed so I'm going to create an unoriginal and poorly thought out thread. Also you are all noobs and need to l2p

Aha.

Ha.

Lucky Status

02-06-2011

I love when people who are not ranked in anything post stuff like this. You have no idea how a champion works in a competitive environment, thus you can not state that a champ is OP unless you look at all aspects of the champ.

Man In Black20

02-06-2011

Noob i tell yah what the only thing OP is me