Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat, is it useful on anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

02-07-2011

Quote:
ComradeHX:
I will try this sometime later.

Sounds fun to last hit 3 creeps at once with a Q.

You only get the lasthit from the minion you actually killed with the Q. Stuff killed by the splash isn't counted as being killed by your Q, but the Tiamat splash. So no, you can't cheat and stack it faster.

Hocus

02-07-2011

just tried a sheen+wriggles+4 tiamats with trundle, 300 atk+ about 280 from Q(including sheen and basedamage) does ALOT of dmg. atk+Q then does 2x(300+580)on everything beside the target. 2k burst
nice. 4 tiamats are kinda cheap aswell as it becomes sooo easy to farm minions and monsters, you can twohit everything except golem, lizard and champions. 8280 gold and an extra 1.3k for sheen and 1.5k for wriggles. if u can go wriggles->mallet-> tiamats i bet u can go initiate with the tank and dish out some crazy dmg if the teamfight is in a narrow space or if u get focused by two melee.

Gonna try it later on in a normal game I think. see what happens. will keep u updated.

Warrrrax

02-07-2011

Tiamat is useful for certain champs when played by low level summoners.

You can start with a Rejuv Bead and a Faery Charm which gives you Health and mana regen. This is particularly useful when one doesnt have masteries and runes which would normally give you much of your starting values (meditate, str of spirit, etc)

Normally it would be hard to build these into something for say Tristana. However, tiamat lets you combine them into a single decent AD item.

However, for any champ that doesnt feel the need to start with faery/rejuv and doesnt need an AD item, Tiamat is useless.

Its a good idea, but you just pay too much for the weak splash and limited regen.

Hocus

02-07-2011

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Tiamat is useful for certain champs when played by low level summoners.

You can start with a Rejuv Bead and a Faery Charm which gives you Health and mana regen. This is particularly useful when one doesnt have masteries and runes which would normally give you much of your starting values (meditate, str of spirit, etc)

Normally it would be hard to build these into something for say Tristana. However, tiamat lets you combine them into a single decent AD item.

However, for any champ that doesnt feel the need to start with faery/rejuv and doesnt need an AD item, Tiamat is useless.

Its a good idea, but you just pay too much for the weak splash and limited regen.

Could agree with you there but the splash damage isn't weak, it's the AoE which is too small, though any buff on it would make it OP. and as for the limited regen, that could be buffed if they made it from a philosophers stone instead of faerie and beads.

Would prefer tiamat on melee champs as it gives 50% instead of 35% (except on twich where it does some significant dmg)

how awesome wouldn't it be to start the game with a phil stone as a melee dps with mana?

DoenVayne

02-07-2011

I've played a Tiamat AD Sion and had some reasonable results. Amazing on the tower push. Get a small entourage and then push a tower. When the minion horde from the other side gets near the tower and attacks your entourage, you'll splash them and apply the heal from his ult. It stacks really well with his ult in a team-fight too. Getting it right away early can really help build lane pressure and harass lower-level melee champs (the range is kinda poo, though, so it's risky).I know an AD Sion is really more a kitsch-y build than a higher-level play, but throwing a tiamat in for fun can cause some lulz.

Dr Wasteland MD

02-07-2011

See this is what I hate though, Tiamat seems to be a joke item, and I just wish it could actually be effective without buying 3-4. Maybe if the AoE was buffed, and made unique?

Tekapo Warrior

02-07-2011

I want to start by saying that I agree that Tiamat isn't all that powerful or useful on most heros... still, I thought I'd throw some suggestions out there

Singed doesn't really get any regeneration outside of his ultimate. I find it useful in both those respects: it helps him farm, and it helps him regenerate health and mana. I also like Lich Bane on him, since it works really well with adhesive (slow the enemy, charge in and smack him once for a large chunk of damage).

I also like Tiamat on Sion, because it helps him farm with his shield; activate it, run into a creep wave, attack 3 or 4 times, pop it and watch the whole wave burn.

The last hero who might benefit from using Tiamat (but I'm not sure it works) is Sivir; I don't know if the AoE stacks onto her multiple blades, but if it does... that's disgusting. Also, the mana regeneration wouldn't hurt her either...