Tiamat, is it useful on anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Wasteland MD

02-06-2011

I've heard that it can be nice on twitch, making his ult hit multiple enemies multiple times, just never tried it.

I hate thinking that there is no reason to buy it, surely it must be useful for something?

Opinions?

Daniloq

02-06-2011

Hm, I never tried it myself, but it -could- be useful on ranged dps like twitch or sivir, working kinda like Kayle's E spell.

Cenerae

02-06-2011

Theoretically it's great, but the splash range is too small to make it reliable for anything other than farming minions.

It can be lulzy when stacked on Ezreal or Gangplank for Q spamming if the enemy team is bunched up, that's about it. Even then it's not likely to produce those lulzy moments very often.

Its Billy Mays

02-06-2011

I've heard it's okay on DPS Malph.

Shin˘by

02-06-2011

the only time ive ever lul'd at a tiamat was when i was playing ww (vs bots messing around) and i got madreds + 3x tiamats... ult'd 1 bot that was standing next to another.. the ult'd bot went to 20% hp and the 1 standing near went to 40% without me touching it lol

Halo Avon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

I personally love it, but it's oftentimes not too useful for endgame. It's awesome for Shaco, whose area damage affects him AND his clone, but I don't think multiple Tiamat's help. Shaco is especially good at farming with it, but that's really ALL it's good for... But, hey, farming gold is one of the keys to victory, so there you go...

TGTheProdigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

No, it's the worst item in the game.

Nightdancer ND

02-06-2011

# The splash damage will of course apply a percentage of your damage, but also your lifesteal and your critical strikes, and it may be dodgeable.
# There is no cap for splash percentage, meaning you can have over 100% splash with multiple Tiamats.
# The splash deals 50% of your attack damage for melee and 33% for ranged attacks.
# The bonus to splash damage will stack with additional Tiamats, increasing your total damage.
# The bonus splash damage of each Tiamat is dealt separately.
# Tiamat damage is considered an on-hit effect and work with abilities

Gangplank is a melee and even on his Parrrley he get's 50% splash.

The main problem with Tiamat is that you also pay for +15 HP Regen/5 sec. and +4 Mana Regen/per 5 sec.
Most of the time, those stats are unwanted and a waste. On the other hand you only have to pay 2070 gold for one Tiamat. Better secondary stats would make this item more interesting, even if the item itself would be more expensive.

sbudeeG

02-06-2011

Warwick. Makes for a fun ult in team fights.

Dragonk

02-06-2011

Its useful on Twitch as its stacks with the effect from Spray and Pray, You literally splash your splash, so it works very well on him.