What are the best Top Tier supporters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daniel GER

01-21-2010

hi,

I have been playing LOL for 2 months now and I am thinking about rolling a supporter.

It should be character worth investing time in.

What supporters are being played at high elo premade games?

Is it worth it?

I hope you can help chosing the right supporter for me

take care

JunkRamen

01-21-2010

None of the supports are terrible, though a lot of people like to throw Zilean into low tier for some reason. Kayle is probably the best support right now thanks to her ult and good early harassment during laning.

Soookayyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

A good Janna can definitely change a game with her ult when it comes to last final pushes to get that last tower. Her abilities are all pretty good too, cant go wrong with her.

All her abilities will help you keep your allies alive longer or get a lot of assists from her gayle and her slow. That bubble she makes always helps too and her ult is definitely game breaking when it comes to team battles

SaiBot

01-21-2010

Kayle has a I-win button, so combined with heavy dps its really the best.

Taric is decent too but not worth some others char.

I'd say Alistar is the best but He is considered as a Tank by many

Beej

01-21-2010

Kayle, easy.
She tanks, she slows, she heals and buffs ms at the same time. 5 seconds damage immunity buff with huge (HUGE) range? Yeah, shes got that too. Oh yeah, and all that AP you might have gotten so that your heals and nukes own early game? That gets converted to aoe ranged damage late game for pushes and adding DPS to team battles. If you have a friend who is reliable with any top teir dps character, kayle is the near perfect compliment.

Soraka? She has to build tank gear to make her aoe damage spell useful, her silence is useful but has a long cooldown. Ultimately a single kayle ult probably mitigates more damage then her ult can heal in total. Shes too squishy and less useful. Only play Soraka against good players if you are running some kind of early game spam gimmick (e.g. CDR/all-nuke heimer + soraka).

Zilean? Late game perma-slow (yeah, perma-slow with decent CDR) and constant nukes with a full heal for anyone who dies is good stuff. Kayle's ult is still better because that hero isnt out of the battle for a couple of seconds. Zilean does similar things as kayle, just is less robust with no early game heal and a less consistent damage output. Heavy AP focus is required to make zilean really useful which keeps him squishy late game. Also, zilean needs to cast two spells to nuke/slow, kayle casts one.

Taric? Read any guide on Taric. Taric players all seem to think they are push/DPS characters. I would be tempted to unlock Taric, get Stark's Fervor, Rally, and Aegis, and run around next to my team's sivir all game with my ult on if I didn't already know he would still suck. I could make Sivir 50% better, or I could just go Kayle and contribute a-whole-nother hero to my team instead.

Nidalee? Ironic that a character with Top 5 sustainable DPS also has the most efficient early game heal. Too bad all she can do in a team battle is heal and toss javelins, or get ROFLstomped by focus fire the second she enters cat-form and tries to get close to the battle. Shes more farmer/1v1 duelist, than support.

Janna? Janna owns. However, if you tell your teammates you are playing support then steal all their last hits and buy a bloodthirster as your first item, you may not be invited back to that team. Calling Janna a support character is like taking Exhaust on Sivir then claiming you are a disabler. Plus I am pretty sure all Janna players are in a cult together.

Nunu? People **** on Nunu a lot, but Nunu can be really good. He has a slow/nuke, a movespeed/attackspeed buff... oh wait, Kayle has the exact same ****, except she heals when she buffs movespeed (and doesn't give attack speed). Nunu's role is somewhat of a hybrid and he can be a solid asset to any team (buff your carry, nuke/slow their carry, tank, cause havoc with ult), but he is no replacement for a support character, and by "support character", I mean Kayle.

AIM7Sparrow

01-21-2010

I approve the Kayle nominations. Morganna works too as well as dishing out some decent damage of her own.

Daniel GER

01-21-2010

thanks for your input!

I will give kayle a try.

from what I have read it seems like supporters are pretty unusualy in higher ranked games.

Daniel GER

01-21-2010

I just tried to find some useful guides for kayle but there are so many different ones. tank, support, caster etc.

I can not distinguis between the newbe guides and the guides written by good players ;/

Elhehir

01-21-2010

I have 2 builds for Kayle that I use frequently (taken from other guides too but well)

Skill Build for both of them:

1-Reckoning
2-Divine Blessing
3-Reckoning
4-Righteous Fury

Get Reckoning in odd numbered levels and divine blessing in even numbered levels. Get ULT when you can and max righteous fury last.

To nuke someone, save around 200 mana at all times and proceed as follows: Reckoning, activate Righteous Fury, hit once, move forward, hit again and repeat and Reckoning again when you can.

1. Early game harasser, annoyingness incarnated (aka spam reckoning in laning phase like there is no tomorrow)

Item Build:
Meki pendant + 2 HP potions
Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer's boots (or defensive boots 2 if you're getting harassed)
Mejaj
Either Lichbane, Zhonya's ring or Banshee's veil for survivability (I prefer banshee's veil myself)
get the other items you didn't get

2- Tank support (since you don't have MP regen, use reckoning, but always keep your mana pool over 200)
Sapphire crystal + 2 HP pots
get Catalyst (from now on, always get 2 MP pots when you go back to base to always be able to refill your mana pool)
get Boots 2 (tabi or mercury treads, I favor mercury treads)
Mejaj
upgrade catalyst into Banshee's veil
get Nashor's tooth, Deathfire Grasp, voidstaff or another CDR item

Both builds are pretty similar but one is more tankish early game and the other is more agressive early game. After level 10, both are comparable.

XrBob

01-21-2010

I'd like to try Kayle, but I'm interested in Janna as well. Do you know any good Janna builds?