Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Free Champions (Week 9)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

erich

01-26-2010

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
I just got this game this saturday after playing dota on and off since it came out. Have to say twitch needs a nerf, basically it's just the range of his attacks (normal and ability) that seem to shoot way too far. After playing as fiddle I was like WTF? Fiddles attacks i basically had to run up and give the enemy hero a hug to hit them and with twitch I was just sneaking up behind people and owning the hell out of them. Spray and Pray shoots farther then towers and it's aoe? I see how it combines with expunge to make it do insane aoe but even if it was just a 1k range boost it'd be awesome.

The other 9 heroes seem fairly balanced but everytime I play twitch in a pug game i easily go 10/1 kill-death ratio and I only die when I get cocky and chase too far thinking I'm a god because I own every hero I engage 1vs1 easily. The entire enemy team literally had to hug each other the entire match while they pushed one lane to avoid me just picking em off 1 by 1 and as soon as I popped i'd see every enemy hero popping all their cooldowns on me. Had my brother start playing Kayle and we just rape every game. (Kinda hard to kill an invincable twitch)

All in all I like the game and all the new heroes cause I've been bored with dota's heroes for awhile, but I really miss all the cool items from dota like Manta-style and the windwalk weapon. (Forgot name, it's been awhile) And I seriously think some balance issues need to be addressed.

Just my 2 cents.

lothar
i would also like a manta-style item

Phynx

Recruiter

01-27-2010

Lacking in tank power. The only one available has almost zero cc...

Edit: Should probably specify I'm looking at week 10.

Lysergik

01-27-2010

Haha Kayle is the only tank week 10. I almost want to make a new account.

Hed Rage

Recruiter

01-27-2010

Quote:
RiotChris:

[/CODE]Week 10:
[CODE]Annie Mage
Dr. Mundo Melee DPS
Janna Mage
Kassadin Melee DPS
Kayle Tank
MasterYi Melee DPS
Morgana Support
Tristana Ranged DPS
Twisted Fate Ranged DPS
TBD (New Champion)[/CODE]Also - here's how we choose the free Champions:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=509374

I am excited about week 10 since I have been thinking about buying these characters

Devil May LOL

01-27-2010

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
I just got this game this saturday after playing dota on and off since it came out. Have to say twitch needs a nerf, basically it's just the range of his attacks (normal and ability) that seem to shoot way too far. After playing as fiddle I was like WTF? Fiddles attacks i basically had to run up and give the enemy hero a hug to hit them and with twitch I was just sneaking up behind people and owning the hell out of them. Spray and Pray shoots farther then towers and it's aoe? I see how it combines with expunge to make it do insane aoe but even if it was just a 1k range boost it'd be awesome.

The other 9 heroes seem fairly balanced but everytime I play twitch in a pug game i easily go 10/1 kill-death ratio and I only die when I get cocky and chase too far thinking I'm a god because I own every hero I engage 1vs1 easily. The entire enemy team literally had to hug each other the entire match while they pushed one lane to avoid me just picking em off 1 by 1 and as soon as I popped i'd see every enemy hero popping all their cooldowns on me. Had my brother start playing Kayle and we just rape every game. (Kinda hard to kill an invincable twitch)

All in all I like the game and all the new heroes cause I've been bored with dota's heroes for awhile, but I really miss all the cool items from dota like Manta-style and the windwalk weapon. (Forgot name, it's been awhile) And I seriously think some balance issues need to be addressed.

Just my 2 cents.

twitch isn't imba, unless he's farmed. Only his ulti is a bit OP. The reason why you can easily go 10/1 is because at low and even mid elo people do not deal so well with invi champ, and nukers, whom i think are generally hard counter to squishy carries are underplayed in this game.
I play anivia main, and have tried ryze before, I have no problem whenever a twitch attacks me out of stealth. Fiddlestick can be a good counter to twitch too, but he's a not a burst dmg nuker. Fear + drain, then just run if twitch still alive . In teamfight just CC twitch and he's dead.
Twitch is free this week and I have seen a lot of people go negative with him, at least at where I play, I think mid elo maybe.
Twitch isn't OP.

Kid Ray

Recruiter

01-27-2010

i cant wait for the twitch week to be over. when.. will it be over..

Darkwield

01-27-2010

Week 10 is tommorow? thought it was wednesday

Ed the Fed

01-27-2010

Quote:
Lysergik:
Haha Kayle is the only tank week 10. I almost want to make a new account.

Mundo is a tank - he's just labeled wrong.

mugyou2

Recruiter

01-27-2010

i thought anivia was up there.... i really wanted to try out anivia b4 i wasted 6.3k on someone lol.

Heronti

01-28-2010

i wanna see shaco,anivia,nidalee,singed,alistar,gangplank,evelynn,malphite,sion and soraka next week