[Guide] Warwick, the Tank Slayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

01-23-2010

Why 22/0/8 instead of 21/0/9? It seems to me that either .33 mana per second or 15% increased neutral buff durations would be better for Warwick than a mere 1% attack speed.

Also, while taking two of Heal/Smite/Rally makes you an obvious jungler and thus a target early, taking only one of those makes you a much more effective jungler, and if it's heal or rally, it doesn't make you OBVIOUSLY a jungler and gives you something else to contribute in teamfights.

Wolfheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2010

I believe it's 22 instead of 21, because I had to take a point in the upper tier to get to the lower tier, but I may be mistaken. The masteries arn't the best setup I'm sure, just what I'm sporting at the time. I'll try to fiddle with the build later tonight just to be sure and if it changes, I'll update.

Fortify is rather interesting since it provides both jungling and assists twords late game. Smite I would say is a bad choice, but improved rally would also be a good idea since it helps your team, just a painfully long cooldown regretfully.

I'll try a few games later with Wits End, see how it compairs. So long as you have Starks the lifesteal from malady won't be missed much, and if they're compairable damage it'd be a good thing. Malady is helpful in smaller skirmishes, but 5v5 the procs from it arn't as helpful, since they don't live long when focus fired. Black Cleaver is a nice item to be sure, but with Last Whisper you're already ignoring 40% of their armor. If you're against something like say, Rammus or Malph who stack armor, then yes, it's a very nice item, always a good addition ontop of the bonus damage it gives you.

EDIT: Decided to check masteries now, you're right, and I've changed it in the main post.

Drake Tseng

01-23-2010

Last I heard, the neut buff duration increase mastery doesn't work.

Mugiwara Chapapa

01-24-2010

LOL
My item builds for Warwick are waaaaack compared to these ones
Last Whisper
Last Whisper
Stark's Fervor
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
Bloodrazor

XDXD lol now I know which items to get and rather than spam the same item again and again (:
awesome guide thanks

Ganciel Dren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-28-2010

this is what i've been running with ever since i've started to main warwick .

vampiric scepter > malady
boots > mercury treads/berzerker's greaves
bf sword > black cleaver
last whisper (game usually ends before or about this time)

then whatever i feel like getting at the time LOL .
IE, guardian angel, frozen mallet, etc.

i skip on the bloodrazer though because i personally feel as if i benefit more from black cleaver . i love the armor reduction (up to 60), which really helps in team fights let me tell you, combined with the 40% armor penetration from LW . but i guess it's all preference .

i'm kinda stuck on the runes though . i'm thinking about armor penetration quints and marks, mana regen glyphs, and i'm lost on the seals .

Darkening

01-28-2010

Very nice guide.

I should say, though, that this guide should only be used in certain situations

--First, make sure that your team can support two solos. Keep in mind that the second solo is up aganst two players.

--Second, make sure that the other team is going to have enough health to make Bloodrazor worth it. Besides tanks, a few champs that tend to stack health are Kat, Annie, Udyr, Ryze, and Karthus(the good ones).

Samat

02-07-2010

Hi, I've been playing this build of warwick for the last 25 games, I did great with him 13 wins/12 losts, but hardly ever I get more deathes than kills, what is wonderful, my score is always positive.

I've notice that sometimes at six, my ult is not strong enough. I play this warwick jungling early to get a soon level 2, and after I keep appearing in lanes just to aware people that I'm there. After six I get the buffs quickly since I insist using smite and start playing in a very supportive way, just making lane go up and ganking some near death champions since blood scent is incredible. After a good battle when the other team runs aways I'm able to

Samat

02-07-2010

Hi, I've been playing this build of warwick for the last 25 games, I did great with him 13 wins/12 losts, but hardly ever I get more deathes than kills, what is wonderful, my score is always positive.

I've notice that sometimes at six, my ult is not strong enough. I play this warwick jungling early to get a soon level 2, and after I keep appearing in lanes just to aware people that I'm there. After six I get the buffs quickly since I insist using smite and start playing in a very supportive way, just making lane go up and ganking some near death champions since blood scent is incredible. After a good battle when the other team runs aways I'm able to kill 2/3 of their champions.

So, what I want to say, is that, this guide is awesome.

My questions is. How could we improve the itens list? I have problems when the other team has a lot of mages.

Wolfheart

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samat View Post

I've notice that sometimes at six, my ult is not strong enough. I play this warwick jungling early to get a soon level 2, and after I keep appearing in lanes just to aware people that I'm there. After six I get the buffs quickly since I insist using smite and start playing in a very supportive way, just making lane go up and ganking some near death champions since blood scent is incredible. After a good battle when the other team runs aways I'm able to kill 2/3 of their champions.

So, what I want to say, is that, this guide is awesome.

My questions is. How could we improve the itens list? I have problems when the other team has a lot of mages.
Your ult won't really be strong enough without some on-hit proc items, such as the blood razor or the likes. Before you get those, try to wait for an enemy to be atleast 50% health before you use it, or use it as a CC for your team so they can catch up and attack the target.

For magic heavy teams, banshies veil can do well, and if you want you can try to nudge a chalice in as well for the mana regen and magic resists.

Samat

02-07-2010

Thanks a lot, next time I play against mages, I will try that.
The problem with mana can be easily solved with the blue buff, sometimes it's not available, I'll check that.
Another thing to mention, warwick is like a "survivor", he is pretty difficult to kill even without proper mechanism to escape. At the end game, there is always someone that is low health, so u just run.
If something comes to my mind, since I am only playing warwick since I bought him, I'll let you know, and maybe u can make use of some!
Thanks a lot.