Black Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesXOXOXO432

07-14-2010

Can Black cleaver get champions armor below 0? Say you have 36 armor pen and you get 5 stacks against an enemys 90 armour does it go to -6 armor? And what does -6 armor do to your AD?

sorry double post

ozzy6009

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Black Cleaver can get enemy armor below 0, as it is armor reduction, but armor penetration is applied after armor reduction, so in your case, the 60 armor reduction would apply first, reducing their armor to 30, then your 36 armor penetration would reduce their effective armor to 0 (since penetration cannot get armor below 0).

JamesXOXOXO432

07-14-2010

Ok but what happens after the first stack with the BC? 90 armour -6 then -36? = 48?

Or do you have to wait till you get all 6 stacks before the runes and masteries take place? How does it work?

Like before you buy Black cleaver you have 36 amor pen then when u buy it u only get 6 armor pen for the first shot? i dont get it

Evolnemesis

07-14-2010

you still have 36 armor penetration... the black cleaver is applying armor reduction, which is handled differently, first, it can cause armor to go below zero if there is more reduction than there is armor, second, it is applied to their armor before any penetration is:
(armor - armor reduction) - armor penetration = effective armor

one stack: (12 armor reduction)
(90-12)-36 = 42

2 stacks:
(90-24)-36 = 30

3 stacks
(90-36)-36 = 18

4 stacks
(90-48)-36 = 6 effective armor

5 stacks
(90-60)-36 = 30 armor - 36 penetration = 0 effective armor

the only way you could get his armor below zero is if you had over 90 reduction, like 5 stacks of the black cleaver AND a stark's aura, and the enemy had been hit with over 10 shots of heimerdinger's armor reducing turrets, this would also have the result of making your armor penetration absolutely worthless since the armor would already be below 0.

JamesXOXOXO432

07-15-2010

I just really dont no if I should get Black cleaver or Last whisper for twtich.

LW on twitch caps his attack speed,with ambush and spray and pray but having an black cleaver where you get 60 armor penetration (5 stacks in 2 secs approx) and with 75 AD jsut adds to insane damage. And the fact the my teamates benefit from the armor reduction