Tactics please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

Ok, so this is my first time playing LoL, and I have about 3 favorite champions now, Ashe, Master Yi, and Kayle. Now, I prefer to rack up in kills, and I don't mind farming first to get those kills. I also like to do high damage or a really good DPS. Which class out of all of those do you think best suits me? And could you please add the best guide with your choice of the three champions, thanks.

Also, I forgot to say, what are some terms of LoL that I should know? Like whats jugling or something like that?

Zeboym

02-06-2011

Kayle is kind of a hybrid between support-ish roles and damage roles, so that would be out. Ashe and Master Yi are both good choices, many people enjoy them.

Ashe, being an archer, is ranged damage. Slows the enemy down from running away so your team can chase them. She has volley to clear creep waves or slow multiple enemies at once. She has a built-in Ward with her Hawkshot and her ultimate is one of the best. It has a short cooldown and a very long range, stun.

Master Yi.. I honestly don't have much information on him. He is a melee character, so that is one big difference between him and Ashe. He does pretty nasty, horrible damage to opponents when he racks up kills and gold to get better items. He hurts pretty bad.

There's a sticky on this section for Guides, check there and find which one you like. Try to go for the most recent one, of course.

Larson McMurphy

02-06-2011

Yi was my favorite when I first started playing. He's easy to use and fun, and can be quite powerful. He can also dish out serious damage. You should just look at the guides on the complete list of guides and look at the ones that are better rated.
Just a few pointers for yi:

Max alpha strike first.

Get frozen mallet at some point in your build for the health and the slow (yi has no crowd control so the slow helps with ganking). I prefer getting phage kind of early, and then finishing the mallet after some other damage gear.

Youmuu's ghostblade is a godly item, always get it on yi (the armor penetration is amazing, and its unique active combos very well with yi's ult).

Some other items that make sense for yi to get:
stark's fervor
infinite edge
phantom dancer

As far as tactics go, although it seems greedy, its best to play clean up crew with Yi. Wait until a team fight has already started and then run in and assassinate the weakest opponent, then the second weakest, and so forth. Yi is also exceptional at backdooring turrets. If the entire enemy team is pushing somewhere and most of your team is there defending it might be a good idea to just go destroy a turret on the other side of the map.

To answer your question about jungling, jungling is when a champ just makes rounds through the jungle killing neutral creeps to level up early game. This leaves another champ on your team to have a solo lane. Champs in solo lanes level up faster (since they don't have to share xp with anyone) so if you have a jungler it gives your team a level advantage over a team without a jungler. If you just started playing though don't worry about it though. Most new players can't handle a solo lane 2v1 (since it will be unlikely that your opponent will have a jungler).

Anyway, check out the guides in the complete list of guides for some more info on yi.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

Ok, so I choose to be Ashe, but hes hard to use. No doubt I'll learn. I tried to solo middle, not so great. I don't dish out alot of damage, and thats based off all damage and hp stats. I tried to pair in sides, still getting owned.

I usally have to freeze or slow them down, Vollet, and run. I usally die though.

Zeboym

02-06-2011

Get Volley as your first spell for the most part, to harass other people away from creeps while you kill theirs. Remember that the frost spell she has is a Toggle, meaning you can turn it off and on whenever you want. Turn it off when you're against creeps, 'cause it just steals your mana but turn it back on against champions in case they try to run away or chase you.

Also, from the enemy's point of view.. Volley can be blocked if you are aiming it at them through a creep wave. The creeps will get hit and the champion will be safe from it.

Just try to stay behind your creeps and last hit as best you can. Harass when you feel safe but other than that, farm gold and play defensively. Its hard to get used to when you first start out. (I just hit 13 and I still make a lot of mistakes.)