Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which Champion fits my playstyle? (:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

02-07-2011

Malphite may suit you.

He's a tank but can dish out some serious damage.

Let me know if you'd like to know more!

umadredsbro

02-07-2011

So, I played a game with Sion and got him lots of health (around 4k endgame) and atma and what not, we destroyed their team, but I wasn't really having fun with Sion. I think it was due to his lack of movement speed & attack speed, but the damage was fine, dealing 500 each hit

Maybe less on tanks, more on agility? But I don't want to be a guy that gets so little health. I really, really did not like Shen because he felt so slow early game.
Thanks to everyone that's helping me out at the moment, its very hard taking in all your ideas, but I've definitely read of all them thoroughly.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-07-2011

You have to compromise somewhere, you can't have both great health and great damage. Where on the spectrum from full tank to full dps do you think you'd like to be?

umadredsbro

02-07-2011

haha youre completely right, sorry, my 'dream hero' came out there~

More on DPS than tank, and I'd rather not have a slow attacker, even if he's strong to make up for it.

bluekn1ght

02-08-2011

Quote:
i am not a ranged player but a player that can get in and out of situations quickly while dealing fair damage

If you're going on that comment alone, looks like you're going to want an assassin. If you want pure melee skills, it narrows it down a bit.

Have you tried Akali? She's a great single target assassin with escape abilities. A great 1v1 character and ganker. For teamfights, come in from a side, do your damage on the squishies and either leave (if they're not dead), or stay and fight.

Other suggestions:

Jax: Another melee characters with good closing speed, + his jump stun.

Irelia: She can be played a variety of ways, but she's beefy enough to stay in the middle of teamfights, while being able to take down single targets.

Xin Zhao: More tanky, and he has his closing dash and 3 talon strike. Hard to kill late game.

Poppy: If you like focusing on a single target, Poppy's ult lets you ignore all others while you kill them. A little slower, but she deals plenty damage. That wall slam is painful each time i hear it done to someone too.

Also keep in mind, champions can be built different ways depending on the items you're using. While there are certain trains of thoughts (AP Yi is a bad idea), you can certainly adjust a champ somewhat to your playstyle.

Good luck!

c4ke333ter

02-08-2011

heartseeker strike doesn't do that much damage?

Frosty716

02-08-2011

Quote:
Dugoth:
A good singed shouldn't have problem with ranged (only ones i can think of that could prevent him from destroying them are Ashe(with some decent as ad and kiting) and Lux (due to the 2x cc abilities) even then if singed has cleanse/ghost or ghost/flash and his ult avail nothing should be able to stay out of his goodness (along with 3speed boots)

But for you op i'd suggest Trynd or if you want a Tanky powerhouse Amumu/singed (AP + tank gear = destroy with those two i'm 28 and have done many games like in the link above with both of them it just takes the right build and skill)

Yeah, a good Singed like myself will have no problem against anyone, he's easy underestimated. So is Tryndamere, he hits like a boss. I prefer to stay away from Amumu because of the nerfs with the jungle creeps MR these days, and how he's rather lackluster in a lane, IMO the easiest way to get blue buff is to counter jungle an Amumu at level 1.

OmniOmega

02-08-2011

You could try playing AD or AP Blitzcrank. Just make sure to max CDR.

His passive makes him pretty tanky (might want to consider rushing a tear for more tankyness, and you can build it into Manamune or Archangels later), he's got decent base autoattack damage, and his AP ratios are pretty good. He's also got a movespeed and attackspeed buff which will allow you to hit harder, chase better, and disengage better. Without any attackspeed items, Blitz's attackspeed with this skill maxed is something like 1.1/second. And with max CDR this can be on something like 9 seconds out of every 10.

Stillhart

02-08-2011

Quote:
Juzzaa:
haha youre completely right, sorry, my 'dream hero' came out there~

More on DPS than tank, and I'd rather not have a slow attacker, even if he's strong to make up for it.

This sounds like Xin to me. He can be very DPS'y with only one attack item (Youmuu's) and the rest tank items. He also has an attack speed buff. He's super fun and probably the best melee dps champ in the game right now.

Dyr0nejk2

02-08-2011

ID say buy Sion he is cheap IP wise he has a stun (non-skill shot) a built in 65AD buff that increases health, a shield, and a strong ult that may help us survive a near-death situation. Another reason is his versatility because if you get sick of DPS he is a decent tank, and an amazing amazing AP nuker. So I believe you will like him now, but you can play him just like a new champ down the road