Point of the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrfang

01-21-2010

I get much more satisfaction from getting a pentakill than, well, any other thing in the game...

dovvntempo

01-21-2010

I play casters and cant push towers well, so its like my wimpy 80 damage autoattack trying to push towers while master yi is like OMG I HAVE TO GET LIZARD

lol! exactly my thoughts. As a caster I'll have their entire creep wave down in no time and I'm staying at the tower as enemies swarm in thinking

OMG WHERE THE HELL IS MY TEAM?!

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovvntempo View Post
lol! exactly my thoughts. As a caster I'll have their entire creep wave down in no time and I'm staying at the tower as enemies swarm in thinking

OMG WHERE THE HELL IS MY TEAM?!
Maybe you should try using that little thing called ping or chat. Yes, ping can be used to inform instead of annoy. Amazing

xrats

01-22-2010

You are absolutely right.I totally agree.Most players,even good ones cant get to the logic of this game,which is to win the game no matter the cost.They prefer to satisfy their big ego instead with big scores like 34-3-3.After losing the game from enemies with ****py scores they start crying and call stupid excuses like backdooring and noob team.

I have won many games where my team was pawned by gangs all the time but in 2 good teambased push late game we won in 5v5 battle and took the game.The opponents couldnt believe that and thought this game was theirs.

A death has a good value once it is for a good reason.If i die and a tower or an inhibitor falls then its worth the effort.If i die and 3 enemies that killed were all killed from my team after then its very ok also.

This game is a coop one.Medium or even bad players can win even top players if they coop better.I have seen it happen many times and thats why this game is so cool.It can be turned many times in only some good pushes.

Daz Larc

01-22-2010

When I started and first got Rammus I was like. "Alright time to pwn some champion arse." but after I got owned from being agressive and my team kept loseing because I was a feeder. I then killed someone and smiled on a later game... but then it was 3 on 1... I took out the tower myself with all 3 of em on me. I died but... just knowing I took out that turret felt even better.

in short. I sucked because I thought killing champ = victory and feeling good. I then got better because I knew killing turret = victory and feeling even better.

Even as a gank heavy champion. knowing you helped drop that turret feels so much better.

Adorno

01-22-2010

I think the main issue stems from this:

To push turrets, you usually need a coordinated effort. Sometimes this is a 5man roll, but sometimes it involves having a harrasser or 2 push side lines, pull the other team out of shape, and then a push. In short, it requires intelligent, coordinated action. If no one on the team takes leadership, as often happens in pub games, individuals decide to farm more until they can win without good coordination.

The solution to people not behaving in a coordinated way is not to QQ at them. It is to show constructive leadership and help the team win.

Thinscrispy

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorno View Post
I think the main issue stems from this:

To push turrets, you usually need a coordinated effort. Sometimes this is a 5man roll, but sometimes it involves having a harrasser or 2 push side lines, pull the other team out of shape, and then a push. In short, it requires intelligent, coordinated action. If no one on the team takes leadership, as often happens in pub games, individuals decide to farm more until they can win without good coordination.

The solution to people not behaving in a coordinated way is not to QQ at them. It is to show constructive leadership and help the team win.
Word.

Farplane

01-22-2010

Before I played premades for most of my games, this problem happened to me constantly. No one would understand why towers are more important than kills. They would go chasing after a hero at half hp when the lane they were in has 10 minions stacked on the enemies tower, unguarded. Luckily I was tower kill / crit Gangplank back then so I could kill two towers while everyone sat mindlessly waiting for a team fight at mid.

My philosophy on this was simply, "Champ kills last 35 seconds, tower kills last forever."

Their philosophy was, "Lolomg I want to kill that Rammus so I can complete my Avarice Blade."

Granrok

01-22-2010

OMG I was just talking about this two nights ago. My team was winning a game early on. We have a Blitz who got everyone wound up about killing their heroes. Sure we got kills in, but we totally walked away from the point and ended up losing badly.

Focus on the goal - winning. Hunting heroes is not the way to do it. If they get in your way, sure kill em, if not leave them be and focus on their defenses.

halfNakedNinja

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by granrok View Post
omg i was just talking about this two nights ago. My team was winning a game early on. We have a blitz who got everyone wound up about killing their heroes. Sure we got kills in, but we totally walked away from the point and ended up losing badly.

Focus on the goal - winning. Hunting heroes is not the way to do it. If they get in your way, sure kill em, if not leave them be and focus on their defenses.
**** skippy!